From Extraction to Production

So, if CCP were to, say, make changes so that jetcans disappeared after five minutes of inactivity, you’d be ok with that? It doesn’t effect anyone’s play style unless they play exactly the way you do, after all. Jetcans would still be absolutely viable if you had another player regularly emptying them, so someone with the right skills to use a hauler effectively would have no problem whatsoever. It would only be if they did what you do that they would find they have issues. And it’s not targeted at you, after all there are indeed a lot of players who mine this way. It’s just not the way CCP envisioned, so they’re balancing it.

Don’t confuse a change that won’t impact you - or me for that matter - as one that doesn’t impact others. If your method of play isn’t changing, great. Their methods of playing - which are perfectly allowed under the mechanics of the current version - are changing, drastically. If that’s CCP’s goal, perfect. If they didn’t realize the impact, then the feedback will change things.

I don’t see miners rise up, just random kid with no brain

1 Like

you haven’t been to Jita today…

yes, i was there, most of the “protester” were goon

A while back CCP removed the Belts in Null.

3rd Grade was too long ago… Someone help me out Doubling ore in 0 Belts increases ore by how much?

Goon - miners. So, miners are rising up.

suuuuuure

My current playstyle is in itself an adaptation to circumstances. They all are, so your question is meaningless.

I made no such confusion. Your attempt to teach me the basics of consultative service management are unnecessary, and probably the result of an arrogant belief that someone who disagrees with you must in some way be in need of schooling on the basics. That, and probably an attempt to save face. The usefulness of this thread of conversation has come to an end. Thank you for replying. Have a nice day.

I don’t like the fact this update spoils on the equality of noob miners against experienced miners: Mining is an early-game activity for almost everyone to start making some ISK they can build their career on - beginners need to have something they can start with. Mining in a fleet of your corp is important to integrate youngsters - because they might not get so much yield today (because of missing skills), but they can make their own fair share. Today they don’t “taint the fleet”.
Given the fact that their waste will be higher in the future and hence they will be “eating away” the ore for the other T2 miners, T2 miners will not want to have them in their fleet anymore. This increases the gap between beginners and experts. I don’t like this mechanics. I don’t care if this new approach improves realism or not - this is a game, not real-life.

2 Likes

Overall I think this looks like a good change, despite the typical forum outrage. I appreciate the work you put in at CCP.

I am disappointed by the venture losing its gas cloud harvester bonus, that was a great way for new players in my corp to make money right out of the gate in lowsec. Otherwise it looks like an increase in materials available to be gathered, and the Rorqual is (finally) going back to being an industrial command ship and not the outright best mining ship.

2 Likes

All of the minerals (and tier 1 ships) seem to be on an exponential decline to 5 year lows, I’m not sure this update is going to help, few points:

• it’s the time to harvest one ship worth (rather than the planetary availability, coz harvesting time) that drives it, so maybe adjusting the mineral numbers necessary for production (or the bonuses available for trained skills) for the minerals necessary for one ship might be better
  • the miners protest was just counter productive, loads of people, me included (who produces ships) had a hugely negative experience trading THEIR GOODS at jita because they were annoyed about a minor future disruption to their bot harvesting methodology today
  • please please do something to counteract the negative exponential declines on all the major minerals and all the tier 1 ships & all of the subsequent productions
  • as somebody who produces & trades ships, even I think it may have become too easy too accessible to do both - anybody can do it, which means everybody does and prices crash
1 Like

True words

1 Like

Bro i could careless what other people mine with , how many accounts they have to do so. I sure can’t afford 10 accounts nor would I want to manage 10 accounts even if I could. Seems more like than hassle than anything.

I used to have 2 accounts , main one being a miner with hulk , and the second with an orca providing boost, which is perfectly fine , it won’t upset your little fantasy of fair equality being probed the wrong way. 2 account is fine right ?

But over the years i’ve got tired , i realised i was spending money on an account just so it could mine i wasn’t doing anything else with it… So i resorted to only using the Orca which is perfectly fine in my book.

I see the Orca as a “end game goal” for solo miners to achieve , the training time , the ISKS cost behind it, is all reward with the storage you have and the boost it can provide if you’re in a corp with other fellow miners. as for the Mining it was doing with it’s drone , it was on par with a Skiff… what’s wrong with that ? give a boost to the Skiff and the skiff outshines the Orca , The Orca cannot receive any boost , it’s Capped at that rate and won’t ever change. In my book it was perfectly balanced in the state it was.

Oh boy… You my friend have an issue with self righteousness or something of the sort, It’s a video game of course the majority of players want to be as efficient as possible at the task they are doing , either it be Mining , Manufactury , Mission running , PvP , Abyssal etc. Not trying to achieve perfection in those domain that interests them is just asking to waste time and isks. Yes it’s a waste it’s a waste on top of the compression waste.

Like i said in my previous post , the multiboxer is an issue but CCP will not fix that because it’s their bread and butter , they have created a game that rely on others to be successful with Corporation / Alliance in mind, the only way for a Solo player to push in certain activity like mining for example to be as efficient or at least bare minimum to be able to have fun is to give in with multiboxing, pursuing this change just enphasis the use of multiboxing multiple accounts because it removed the way the Orca / Rorq was designed for in the first place.

Put your self righteous pride aside and look at it carefully, does it benefit the multiboxers or no ?
Yes , yes it does, Two key factors here:
#1 they gave bonus to boosting (more yield)
#2 they can compress in belt (less travel time , less down time, can move from belt to belt without the need to drop at a station).

Does it benefits solo miner or no ?
No, Orca / Rorq pilot have been crippled by this.
Barge & Exhumers seems to have received some nice buffs, but the way they changed the belts it’s making it feel like a chore , having to bookmark every ores cause they are far apart from each other therefor Reinforcing the need of a second account to give the boost they required to avoid having to bookmark ores…

1 Like

Ahhh, the “I’m going to insult you and walk away” defense. Hallmark of a closed mind not interested in discussion. And proving my point. Thanks, and you have a nice day as well. I’ll be hanging out here attempting to contribute.

I am curious what the impetus is for the compression losses? I don’t think they’re egregious, but I’m curious what the thought process was for adding it.

Good luck with your ship making ventures, with less minerals and goo coming in.

Would you call a 50% reduction in ISK/Hour for your preferred way to make ISK minor? I think it’s a major change. I also don’t want to spend 7 hours sitting next to an Athanor hit the compressor button every 4.5minutes. This is dumb. If I wanted to spend my evenings doing menial tasks I’d get a second job.

2 Likes

If it’s less easy it will balance out over time (market economy), and the people who have the skills/aren’t bots will actually earn more in the long run - the same demand for ships (made of minerals) will always be there.

I also don’t want to spend 7 hours sitting next to an Athanor hit the compressor button every 4.5minutes.

From the dev blog:

Compression in stations will have a different efficiency depending on the type of resource that is being compressed, except moon compression will not be available. Compression will still be instantaneous but will be less efficient than in-space compression.

You won’t have to wait if compressing in stations

I’m a bit confused, with the waste factor. Is that on top of the reprocessing efficiency? In other words, will the reprocessing now be 100%?

If not we get a double penalty from mining?

2 Likes

They want the “common” minerals, and by extension t1 hulls to be even cheaper than they are so maybe players will see them as more disposable/easily replaceable and take more risks with them.

1 Like