FW Frigate Hub! Discuss All Things Frigate (and Dessie!) In FW Space

This is the spot for introduction and discussion of your favorite fits, meta plays, and guiding of new players. Get help with downgrading/upgrading, find fits for your playstyle, and help new players on their path to larger or more expensive PVP Spacecraft!

8 Likes

First of all I am going to make people mad with this nonsense…

AC Firetail! YES IT IS A THING!

3 Highs:
200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S x120
Small Ghoul Compact Nosferatu (Or Rocket Launcher II)
200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S x120

4 Mids:
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner (Yes I know, I know… :/)
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Whatever scram is the moo that day…

3 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste x8
Gyrostabilizer II

3 Rigs:
Small Projectile Burst Aerator II
Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Do not fly with Deadspace AB without Standard Exile or higher, Agency Hardshell dose I (or Pyro I don’t care), and optional low-grade Asklepian to delta.

1. Isk is better spent on skill injectors than implants.

2. I dont understand why people afk mining, bot complexs, etc. I created an alt just to deplex systems. Using a 600k shitfit frig I amassed over 450k lp in less than week. Thats 450 mil or more if converted right. Plus it helps fw out. FW is one of the best isk generators in game. The true underdog.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I am alpha clone state, so I buy 1-2 daily alpha injectors per week. My main source of income is Minmatar Militia FW o-plexing. Although they are not doing good, the LP is worth a lot more. I can get 2000 ISK/LP no problem right now selling RFMSEs. Also, small plex tags are worth looting from NPCs, as they can sell for 400k each. You can see Blights Wretch’s
youtube channel for a very excellent faction warfare guide. BUT, implants are mostly cheap (except crystals) and they can make a huge difference in bubble-less FW space. If you align out as you die, you will ALWAYS save your pod by spamming warp.

If you catch a militia at a good time, it is possible to make upwards of 70M/hr. FW is truly one of the best alpha income sources. Exploration is pretty good too.

1 Like

Second Fit of mine. This one is a first FW missile ship for caldari-minmatar pilots who want a forgiving micromanagement practice ship.

Breacher: “Literally Kills Nothing”

3 Highs:
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

4 Mids:
1MN Compact Afterburner
Medium Ancilliary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

3 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

3 Rigs:
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator II

Sure, everything warps away from you and you get no kills, but it seems pretty hard to die in this. It makes it a good ship to practice staggering multiple repping systems. Tip: try to exclusively run the SAAR to tank incoming damage. Mop up whatever the SAAR ticks cannot handle with MASB pulses. Once the SAAR paste has run out, let your armor drop significantly before running the MASB flat out. You can leave the unloaded, auto reload off, SAAR to rep up the bled armor while you tank in shield, milking everything that the SAAR has to offer. And, since you have range control on most things, you can basically run away whenever you want to.

Also as a new player, instead of training skills that allow you to fly a certain setup, you should first train all the navigation and fitting skills. They will be invaluable in solo pvp.

1 Like

I guess it is time for third fit. The goal is to catch people completely off guard with high dps.
It also has decent range and buffer for a polarized.

Slasher: “Max Damage”

4 Highs:
Polarized 200mm Autocannon, 120x Hail S
[Empty High Slot]

4 Mids:
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
Stasis Webifier II

2 Lows:
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

3 Rigs:
Small Projectile Burst Aerator II
Small Core Defence Field Extender I
Small Core Defence Field Extender I

Burn 'em down!!! Keep at range 700m.

Tomorrow will be the Thrasher.

1 Like

Alright, Thrasher
I am going to keep my secret Thrasher fit as secret as I can, but this is my secondary PvP/Primary Plexer. It is very good for Alpha accounts who have just skilled into T2 Autocannons.

Thrasher: “Auto Plated No Point”

8 Highs:
200mm Autocannon II, 120x Hail S
[Empty High Slot]

3 Mids:
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

2 Lows:
Damage Control II
400mm Steel Plates II

3 Rigs:
Small Projectile Burst Areator II

Like other fits with 1 damage rig and two tank rigs, you can T1 the damage and T2 the tank rigs if you want. Make sure you carry Barrage.
I will not likely be posting until Thursday or Friday.

o7, and fly safe - Rep. Nujenif Talvanen

1 Like

I have noticed in FW space, there have been a lot more buffer fits, as the Surgical Strike Patch decreased the ability if unsupported reps to catch incoming DPS. As such, this is supposed to be a counter to blaster and AC ships. This is a beast of a ship, and although it is hard to engage by similar-cost ships, it is an absolute monster. I fly bling, but I would probably be wiser to downgrade to T2 and meta MSE and AB. Also keep in mind I am an alpha so T2 AB is not an option for me. My main FW character is Flara Pediati.

Caldari Navy Hookbill: “Outlaster”

3 Highs:
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket

5 Mids:
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

2 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Anciliary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

3 Rigs:
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

In true style, fly with Standard Exile, Agency Overclocker Dose II or III, and maybe even Asklepians. If you do not have a 6th crystal in, you can use a CPU implant to upgrade the scram to a Scoped or Enduring with 3% or T2 variant with 5%.
Of course, all of this is optional (stupid). Just use a Monoprop AB, and everything will be fine. RFMSE is still very heavily preferred. Downgrade webs if short on CPU or to upgrade the scram to T2 if the meta has lots of kiters in your area. Always carry faction and Javelin rockets in your hold. They are mandatory. Also with Gallente ships and blasters in general, plenty of Hecates have been killed by blaster Comets because they were not carrying Null. Always carry long range!

Hecate kill: https://zkillboard.com/kill/86540483/

Also I’d appriciate some feedback on these fits. I am kind of a noob as far as SP goes.

o7

1 Like

Solo Punisher
Many people think it is bait, so make sure you have a name that discourages the idea of you being bait. Also, when they don’t get scrammed, they know you’re legit.

Punisher: “Station - Not Ship”

4 Highs:
Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S

2 Mids:

5 Lows:
Damage Control II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Heat Sink II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

3 Rigs:
Small Energy Burst Aerator II
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Explosive Armor Reinforcer I

This thing has tank for days, and can slow enemies fast enough do pour damage into them while they figure out that you are not autocannon fitted. To fly, just align to a celestial to make it harder for an opponent to orbit you, and manage your heat.

Dramiel today I guess.
I don’t really know what this fit is exactly for, but I really like the combination of speed and tank this ship offers. DPS is atrocious though…

Dramiel: “30 s Jouker”

3 Highs:
[Empty High Slot]

4 Mids:
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

3 Lows:
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, 8x Nanite Repair Paste
Damage Control II

3 Rigs:
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II

If run with Exile Standard, it can tank 125EHP/s no implants. It has great alpha resistance, but the main problem with this ship is that is has too much powergrid, and CPU is always a major problem. 150 DPS with perfect skills before drones is pretty bad though. Goes 1989m/s heated with my skills. I do not fly this as often in favor of the Firetail, Thrasher, or Rupture, but this ship is worth a bash, especially since it offers wildly different engagement profiles versus more common Dram fits. The fit I originally wanted to go with was MASB double gyro, with a DPS rig, but the fitting is so tight, man. Make it work if you can.

o7

With the Caldari Navy Hookbill, would an Ancillary Shield Booster be berrte then an Extender? Does it give more EHP total?

One of my absolute favorite ships is the Succubus. It tears across space, absolutely wrecking other speedsters with its tiny four engines. The only thing that is crap about this ship is the appearance.

Succubus: “MSE Web Kite”

3 Highs:
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy X-Ray S
[Empty High Slot]
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy X-Ray S

4 Mids:
Gistii A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

3 Lows:
Compact Heat Sink
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Compact Heat Sink

3 Rigs:
Small Energy Burst Aerator I
Small Core Defence Field Extender II
Small Core Defence Field Extender II

This ship gets a ludicrous AB speed boost, so deadspace AB is very recommended on such an expensive ship. Look at those mids! So juicy! Use your overheated web to keep at 15k to 18k and do them in with strong beam damage that can hit out to 35k+

Faster dual webbed than the single webbed AB Dramiel!

Scary bonus fit for today!!!

Merlin: “Oh my GOODNESS”

3 Highs:
Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S

4 Mids:
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender (or F-S9 Regolith)
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

3 Lows:
Vigor Compact Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

3 Rigs:
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

This would probably beat the Slasher through sheer DPS, but the Slasher’s range would make it close. 400+ DPS with Pyro III. Ludicrous!

2 Likes

Catalyst?

These are hard to fit, so get your engineering skills up.

Catalyst: “FW Standard”

8 Highs:
Light Neutron Blaster II, Null S

2 Mids:

3 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Reairer, Nanite Repair Paste

3 Rigs:

Catalysts are usually underestimated, so other destroyers and faction frigates might give you a go. Manage your cap well, and always preload Null. That’s pretty much it.

Federation Navy Comets are very strong faction frigates. They rank number 1 in 1v1 win rates, with an impressive 57%. On top of their amazing tank and strong damage, the Comet is surprisingly fast, travelling 375m/s with no skills (420 with mine). This enables the Comet to easily travel more than 1,000 m/s with an afterburner. Railguns are more common on the Comet in FW, but I am kinda liking short range weapons, probably because I cannot fly anything without range control.

Federation Navy Comet: “Plex Defender”

3 Highs:
Light Neutron Blaster II, 80x Void S
Small Energy Nosferatu II
Light Neutron Blaster II, 80x Void S

3 Mids:
Y-S8 Compact 1MN Afterburner

4 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, 8x Nanite Repair Paste

3 Rigs:

This fit has options. My main goal for this fit is to maintain my control of the FW plexes I am capturing. With this kind of fit, the goal is to drive the attacker off or kill them outright, being able to capture the plex after they leave. You could of course swap a web for a scram if you are attacking established enemies. If you do not wish to pay for T2 transverse bulkheads, swap one of your T1 set for a T2 damage rig. You could also swap one or two bulkheads for Auxiliary Nano Pumps to squeeze your exiled SAAR to its limit.
Also have fun with catching Hookbills with your dual webs and burning them into the ground with Void.

This is less of a daily post and more of an enemy spotlight.
36 hours ago exactly I was flying around in my Thrasher, looking for a fight in Kamela, like you do.
A pair of multiboxing Dragoons keep running me out of my plex before I return to it. After dancing for about 15 minutes, one of the pilots offers me a 1v1. I accept and proceed to the plex. I absolutely wreck his dragoon and emerge in high structure. As I begin to loot the 3m killmail wreck, his friend warps in and tackles me. Whenever you see “hm Hongming” about FW space, make sure to nuke his guts for me. Also don’t ever take 1v1s while he is in system.
To add insult to injury, the first dragoon didn’t show up on my zKill either as a victory.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/87712526/

You can see the pod as max damage dealer on the KM.

This is another fun fit for being annoying to people. the goal is to keep at range 20-22km. This fit is designed to make use of the MWD to keep all opponents at bay. Your three ammo options are Republic Fleet EMP S, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S, and Republic Fleet Fusion S.

Thrasher: “Out of Reach”

8 Highs:
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, 40x Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
[Empty High Slot]

3 Mids:
Quad-LiF Enduring 5MN Microwarpdrive
Small Shield Extender II
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

2 Lows:
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

3 Rigs:
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II
Small Low-Friction Nozzle Joints I

This is mainly intended as a defensive ship. It has fantastic ISK efficiency for o-plexing, but it has one of the lowest EHP pools I have ever flown. You will die very quickly if you are caught within scram range (web range is when you should start to get worried). On the other hand, it puts out immense damage at far long point range, giving your opponent very little time to react and try to slingshot you. Make sure to preset your keep at range to 20 if you are more experianced or 22 if you care more about surviving than killing. The only thing these things are weak to is droneboats.

Edit: You can compact everything and swap the T2 SSE for a compact TD if you want to fly mitigation rather than tank.

Oh drat I appear to be running out of my fits, I will need questions and stuff soon.

I think today I’ll go with…
…
…Cormorant? nah…
…Kestrel.
Yep. Kestrel.

Kestrel: “Baby Hookbill”

4 Highs:

4 Mids:
X5-Enduring Stasis Webifier
X5-Enduring Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

2 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

3 Rigs:
Small Bay Loading Accelerator II

This is basically a flimsier Hookbill. To be able to run the SAAR through heavy damage, mitigation is the way to fly. Most dual web ships will give this a run for its money, but it is a fantastic scram-kiter or web-kiter.

Fit 14: A line of ships I fly very little is the Gallente line. The Atron does not have enough range control as I would like in an attack frigate, the Tristan is a drone ship, and I HATE DRONES!!! >:( , but the Incursus is actually a ship that I could maybe fly really well.

Incursus: “Nope!”

3 Highs:
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

3 Mids:
Stasis Webifier II

4 Lows:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste.
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Armor Plates

3 Rigs:
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I

As is the pattern with my other fits, I love me some powerful active armor reps. The Incursus is the only T1 frigate or faction frigate that has an Armor Repair Amount bonus. With max skills, implants, nano pumps, and Exile booster, this small ship can get off some MASSIVE reps man. With a T2 DCU, two T2 Multispectrum Energized Membranes, and a Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, this tiny ship repairs upward of 500 EHP/s when blinged out. This is enough to outbrawl a blaster Daredevil, and repair through even a Catalyst’s maximum Void DPS at zero. A more realistic estimate for this ship’s capabilities are probably around 210 EHP/s with a clean pod. If you are confident in your opponent’s honor (Edit: or your own bait tanking), you can drop the scram and add another web.

Tomorrow will be the Atron
o7

1 Like