[GALFED] <BLDZ> An Announcement of Military Action

Good day inhabitants of New Eden.

We have hurtled into a new world, not of our own design, but that of the Deathless.

We see now a vast machination brought to fruition. Zarzakh. The Fulcrum. Thousands of years of Jovian technology laying at the fingertips of criminals.

It is time to rise and meet this challenge on all fronts. To stand up for Liberty.

I am hereby announcing the creation and activation of the Blades of Liberty, a military corporation with the purpose of destroying any and all that would perpetuate tyranny and oppression in New Eden.

We see tyranny in many shapes and forms. The Tyranny of ignorance, of hate, of prejudice. Tyranny of thoughts and ideas. Tyranny of incompetence and complacency.

Certain parties within the highest levels of the Federal Union of Gallente Prime have withheld critical information from those that would support it. CONCORD and the DED have done nothing to curtail this rising crisis. The other empires are licking their lips at the thought of plundering impossible to comprehend horrors from the depths of this ā€œFulcrumā€ station.

While we have not yet been told of the full details of all of these troubling events, I can no longer stand by and wait for some other group, or organization, or government, to stand up and answer the call for action. We must all do what we feel is right. We must act and take charge of our destiny, and bring whatever good we can to this dark universe.

Freedom is not an option.

It is a core principal of the natural universe.

The plans of ill-designing people have set in motion the possible upsetting of this natural law and tilted our future into a dark and chaotic place.

Stand with us. Take up the sword. Cut down those that would take our futures hostage.

Fly with the Blades.

6 Likes

Wow are you ever going to be busy.

ā€¦ Ah, could you expand a bit on which thoughts and ideas you plan on destroying people for having? Also ā€¦ complacency? That ā€¦ seems more like something that punishes itself than calling for a specific war against it.

Pretty sure someone comprehended them if theyā€™re being salvaged from a station. Even a Jovian one.

All in all this initiative feels a little ā€¦ um. Overheated, Mr. Soter.

Like I keep expecting to see scalding water and maybe some fugitive noodles come frothing out from under your beret.

1 Like

The Tyranny of the Majority!

It really isnā€™t. I donā€™t know if youā€™ve noticed this, but predators donā€™t concern themselves with the rights of the prey. Megaherbivores tend not to care about whether theyā€™re oppressing smaller critters who might be trampled underfoot, or have their homes destroyed. Solar flares give not one single bit of deference to ā€˜am I about to scorch half a populated planet?ā€™

The natural universe is a dark, uncaring place, and it will kill you without one momentā€™s concern for whether youā€™re being oppressed or your rights trampled on.

3 Likes

When I read of this new Jovian horror, my first thoughtā„¢ was ā€œWho will save us from the Elder Meme Wormsā„¢ aboard this relic station ?ā€

I, for one, am greatly relieved to know that former presidential candidate and notedā„¢ war hero Luminaire General Julianus Soter is not going to sit on his hands and let these eldritch horrorsā„¢ spread unchecked.

As is Writtenā„¢: ā€œThou shalt not suffer a meme worm to existā€

Good hunting, General.

While I can think of closer and more pressing threats to freedom, I think Iā€™m going to avoid letting that be an enemy of ā€˜worthwhile enoughā€™. While thereā€™s nothing ā€˜naturalā€™ about the state of freedom as such, any more than all sorts of other abstracts weā€™ve made up as a species, you certainly are correct in that it is a non-negotiable right of all.

While I suspect youā€™re going to find yourself drowning in nitpickery, nay-saying for the sake of nay-saying, desperate attempts to justify their own failures by pretending theyā€™re to be expected and all sorts of other reasons to not act for what is rightā€¦

ā€¦ you are one of those few who I suspect have the wherewithal to ignore such and forge ahead nonetheless.

Fly free and dangerously in those alien skies, Soter, with whatever spirits your kin can conjure at your back. Your targets are worthy, your cause is legitimate and your intent is admirable. Even if some here will always try to tear down attempts atā€¦ letā€™s call it noble endeavor.

While it should matter very little to you, I will be watching this with interest.

3 Likes

Freedom is not an option indeed.
Freedom is a crime. And weā€™re gonna chase and run down every freedom-obsessed cultist, fanatic and terrorist.

Freedom itself is what only criminal minds want. How one shall be degraded to complain about criminality on one hand and wishing freedom on the other? After all, criminality is all about getting more freedom to commit said crimes.

Criminal and degrading? Sounds kinky, let me get my fuzzy handcuffs.

2 Likes

Oh, yes. Time to stand up for liberty! And by that, you mean ā€œliberatingā€ things that donā€™t belong to you. ā€œLiberatingā€ other peopleā€™s property, AFTER you call them a threat to your freedom.

Gallente liberty is authoritarianism with an identity crisis. For all the faults the Empire has (And there are many), at least theyā€™re open about their ideas of cultural domination. Yeah, hereā€™s hoping your real goal, to get your hands on that tech, falls through.

Freedom, is found in discipline. It is not a crime.

Freedom which creates anarchy, originating from undisciplined individuals, is a crime.

Is Gallente authoritarianism in the room with you right now? As for cultural domination, Iā€™d say it has been hard for us to be this popular and successful, but honestly it just comes naturally. I wouldnā€™t expect you to understand, but if you pay attention you might learn something.

Oh, Iā€™ll agree, tyranny does come naturally to you. As does lying. Shame that some of you lie to yourself the most.

And trust me, Iā€™ve learned a lot from the Gallente. From the tops of the gleaming spires rotted through with corruption, to the teaming streets filled with the desperate and broken, Iā€™ve seen what it is behind the mask. Lots of things you chose to ignore. Maybe your U-Nat problems are a surprise to you, but the signs have been there for years. Maybe in time youā€™ll look back on Aguard and shake your head, wondering how such a person could cause so much death and destruction, but for now youā€™ll dance to the beat of her drum.

Judging from your frankly unimpressive criminal record the only corruption you were involved with was as petty as your rhetorical barbs.

You clearly have no idea who youā€™re talking to as far as opposing U-Nats and the like goes. My own fault, no doubt, for being out of the political sphere recently.

Maybe if Mommy Celes puts an Erebus in orbit over New Caldari for a few years Iā€™ll take lectures from squids about death and destruction. So far everything she and Roden before her have done in the foreign policy sphere have been absolutely justified responses to Caldari aggression. And damned impressive, at that.

2 Likes

Yeah, youā€™re right, I donā€™t know much about some little cog in the Federal war machine. Iā€™ve got a lot of things that demand my attention, Iā€™m afraid all I can spare you is a bit of light banter.

You think the Federationā€™s successes are impressive? Yeah, impressive how you let your home system be invaded by an enemy nation whoā€™s half the size as yours. Impressive how the Federation is the only empire to lose, and I donā€™t mean have destroyed, but lose an Iapetan titan (which is very beautiful, by the way. Iā€™ve had the honor of touring it a few times). Impressive how the Federation itself has created the two biggest enemies it contends with today. The invasion and subjugation of Intaki was pretty impressive too, I was actually on the planet when the jackboots of the Federal Marines touched down and began stamping out resistance and protests. Likewise impressive was how the Fed masterfully violated numerous international treaties it signed.

The State dealt with itā€™s extremists, in case you forgot. Hereā€™s hoping you deal with yours as well, for all our sakes. And Iā€™m not even being sarcastic, I wish you luck in stamping the Gallentia Primacy out.

Nope. The Empire lost one when Khanid II walked off with it and a fair chunk of their fleet.

Havenā€™t heard anything about the Kingdom giving it back, either.

1 Like

Details, details. Is the Kingdom still part of the Empire? Are they at war with each other?

Itā€™s nominally rejoined the Empireā€¦ but itā€™s still never given back that Iapetan or anything else. So really, itā€™s less ā€˜part ofā€™ and moreā€¦ ā€˜Cloner Khanid biding his time until he wins the Imperial Throneā€™.

Consider it a slow-motion coup that might take centuries to play out.

as is traditional in Amarr. Like a game of chess where each generation of player makes a single move.

Everyone else knows the game is being played, and can analyse the position of the pieces for themselves and express opinions about it, and what the likely outcomes may be.

And about the only genuine excitement is when one generation of player forgets how the little horsey-shaped piece actually moves.

1 Like

Yes, but in this case, once the Clone King is on the Imperial Throne, the game is over. There wonā€™t be any need for succession trials because heā€™ll just keep clone backups, just as heā€™s done since he rebelled in the first place.

Look, Iā€™m not here to have a cog measuring contest. My point was simply that Iā€™m on record, and itā€™s a long record, criticizing Federal authorities when they deserve it. Both Soter and I have been confronting the Black Eagles in public and in space for over a decade.

U-Nats are pests, and they are our pests to deal with. Same goes for these new Gallente Primacy thugs. What distinguishes the Federation from the State and its Provists in recent history is that we havenā€™t let our pests overthrow the government and launch invasions of our neighbors.

What happened recently with Intaki illustrates this. You want to clutch pearls about Federal Marines, but I was on Intaki when Lai Dai troops literally burned and plundered across continents, leaving area denial munitions to kill Intaki children in their wake. Spare me the moralizing.

Our marines came to restore freedom and security to Intaki, and they did. In due time they withdrew and local police took over, and since then we have already seen free and fair elections put a pro-autonomy planetary government in power. Thank you, President Aguard.

Meanwhile, the State is engaged in the brutal oppression ofā€¦ checks notes an unsanctioned labor union. How utterly typical.

1 Like

Ms. Vero, a pleasure to see you back in space.

I feel it pertinent to raise that various units of the Federal Marines of the Gallente Federation have been reported actively engaging in summary executions, looting, and pillaging of its own colonies, and despite a few show trials to get rid of some of their easier to expel numbets, the Federation has not bothered to clamp down on them despite having a much stronger Navy presence in system these days.

That was a significant factor in the UNF and House Breziaā€™s decisions to shutter the Eugales Projects and transplant to MHC-R3, though not the only one.

Overall though since weā€™re talking about the Intaki situation, the Federation still broke its agreements with the Assembly that had stood for centuries, on a technicality, while as others have pointed out, violating international treaties that they had chosen to be party tooā€¦ one must acknowledge that the decisions made to do so make dealing with the Federation somewhatā€¦ suspect, and Iā€™m sure that you recognize that. Iā€™m quite sure that your President Agaurd was aware of it as well when she gave the orders

1 Like