Gambling Illegal?

Well, they had nothing agains them, but when it started to look bad, they had to close them.

It looks like they want to profit off of it themselves tho. Gambling can be addicting.

Then why have you made a forum post instead of a support ticket?

Going to assume you’re not actually asking me why I am posting on the fourms versus a support ticket, instead passive aggressively telling to me to write a support ticket. The answer to the latter would be, I didn’t know they don’t respond to the forums. k thx.

Yes gambling is illegal in EvE. Yes that scheme is also illegal in EvE because it is gambling. Report them with a ticket.

Pretty sure gambling was fine until it started to cross RMT lines. Certain gambling systems using 3rd party sites let “real” assets start to creep into the mix in creative and obfuscated ways. CCP twigged and nuked the sites from orbit, just to be sure.

Correct. Now illegal across the board though.

You can directly wager on the outcome of a duel in game now. There is nothing banned about players directly waging ISK between themselves.

The Big Lottery is still ok, because of the changes it made to how it’s played.

The banned part is involving third-parties as outlined in the EULA (Clause 6.B.):

You may not use, transfer or assign any game assets for games of chance operated by third parties.

That’s not strictly a game of chance.

Fair enough dude. That was not my understanding.

You haven’t seen me pvp. That’s as uncertain as it comes.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.