Game Life Balance

I am sure this isn’t the first topic on this subject. I have been playing off and on since 2006. I have done just about everything in some capacity in the game at some point but still gravitate towards mining and industry (4 accounts). I am thinking of playing regularly again, but with a full time job, wife and newborn, I only have a couple hours or less a day to play.

So I am curious oh how others in similar situations play Eve and keep it fun and productive with more limited time to dedicate.

well actually i recently just started doing little frigate roams with a guy who posted on here looking for people to join his roams
he has six kids and doesnt really have much time for eve so he just does a few roams each week
we kill stuff and its quite fun theres really little more to it than that
feel free to join us i can link you to his thread if you want

1 Like

“Only” a couple hours per day?
Some people play only a couple hours per week …

3 Likes

Industry and markets are your best option for limited and/or fragmented play time.

• Your current activities are always waiting for you when you login - no need to look for content.
  • The markets are competitive but your interaction with other players is asynchronous - you don’t need to be logged in at the same time and you don’t depend on anyone elses schedule.

Nonetheless, the markets in Eve are dynamic and constantly changing because they are player driven. The skill isn’t the mechanics of making stuff but the strategy involved with figuring out what to make, where to sell it and how to price it. The satisfaction is identifying and successfully exploiting opportunities. There is continuous progression - success brings wealth which opens up new opportunities at a higher level.

Most industrial activity takes place in the background - you don’t need to babysit. Stuff will sell faster if you manage your orders but it will still sell as long as you have positioned your order within the market cycle.

The more time you have, the more links in the value chain you can participate in for higher profits but you can buy your inputs, hire couriers to haul stuff, etc… fit the activity to the time you have available.

Good luck.

1 Like

How on earth do you play a couple hours a day with a job, wife and kid? That equals maybe a few hours a week, if that to me.

3 Likes

Some times that 1-2 hours of free time I have a day isn’t just for playing Eve. There would be days or stretches of days where I might not be able to play. I used to play for hours on end a day

Tojo come to Usi and join Evo fleets. We run regular t1 frig roams and if you can’t afford a few frigs im sure a guy will spot you 100m. It’s not a big deal and you get some green on yor kb.

damn i used proper punctuation ffs

For shame! :-):sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.