Game suggestions, mission system overhaul, newbro retention

Why do I always have to explain this to everyone who says, “No that isn’t what the study did! And that wasn’t the conclusion”? What CCP Rise presented and said was pretty straight forward. Getting ganked in the first 15 days indicated people who would be more likely to stay subscribed.

Could a better level of analysis be done to try and figure out what is going on? Were those players doing things those who don’t get ganked in their first 15 days did not do? Maybe. Does this mean ganking is good for retention? Not necessarily.

But when looked at in conjunction with CCP Rises’s other statement which I linked it fits in with the idea that if you want players to stay it is the social aspects of the game that matter which includes PvP and really has nothing to do (at least directly) with mission rewards.

Yeah, it shows a correlation not a causation.

if you want study that much, then listen to what CCP Quant says about how wrong you are : https://youtu.be/h-jfvjMoe9Y?t=1126
(I just realized he is saying exactly what I been saying to you)

Correlation is not causation. We can’t say that going to low sec or getting killed is gonna get you stick to the game. We just see that those that stick to the game, they get killed.

So again, your post that claims "when X happens, more likely that Y happens " is just BS.
This affirmation is just a straight result of your fantasm (see confirmation bias). You enjoy an idea more than another, so this idea must be the correct interpretation for something that is not explained ? Wrong. You don’t know. (I don’t either)

IT’s the same for social interaction. There is no causation, only correlations.

You mean the part where CCP Quant says something like, “The most important determinant of whether or not you’ll be playing in month 4 is if you had your ship blown up by another player?” That part?

I never said it was a cause, but that there was that tendency.

It would be BS if I said X causes Y. But I wrote that X tends to go with Y. You do know what that word ‘tend’ means right? But here you come. “Correlation is not causation and so you are a liar!”

And out of the context of the study, it is wrong. The context being, when trying to correlate things. While the ways you expressed it implies a causation which is not present in the study.
“players who do X tend to have better Y” implies there is a causation from X to Y, in the context you use that sentence, with the “ironically” that implies a causation opposed to the one described in the post you quote.

I mean the exact sentence I quoted and that explicitly states you are saying BS.

2019.03.07 11:48:23 Agent Mission Reward Corporation Tax -1 605 000 ISK 9 833 219 ISK [r] Corporation tax on mission rewards
2019.03.07 12:48:14 Agent Mission Time Bonus Reward Corporation Tax -354 000 ISK 54 188 219 ISK [r] Corporation tax on mission bonus rewards

This is a net gain in raw isk of (54-10=)44M in one hour., in my personal wallet ; so 88M before my 50% tax. on one toon.
PLUS since I made 3 scarlets and 3 zazz in this hour, that’s 3 * (8+20) = +84 M to +(3 * 9+22 =)93M in an hour. if the zazz can’t be sold that high I just skip it. total loot+reward is thus between 172 and 181M in an hour.

Then there is the lp reward… I usually make 100k LP for 100M raw isk so I made something like 84k LP (actually it’s a bit more). If you sell it directly you can make 2150 isk/lp right now, that is +182M isk . if you sell long term you can do (the actual average value on the previous day) 3100 isk/lp so +266M
total is between 354M and 447 M isk for a real hour of gameplay. Actually it’s less minimum because I was not making the best LP for direct orders, but for long term, so it’s not 2150 isk/lp on direct.

That’s for ONE toon, because you can multibox them - though at the cost of a bit of efficiency, especially since my alts don’t have all skills 5.
Also I was too lazy and did not eat any booster for this hour. Usually I eat pyrolancea which costs 1M and give me 5+M isk and 5+k lp per hour. Plus I accepted useless missions because why not ? If I want to have higher numbers I can just get rid of those missions. And BTW I made two 5-min pauses during this hour, was watching nyancat videos.

Also I did not have interesting loot, but enough to cover the cost of the ammos.

Can you have those numbers ? No you can’t. But just because YOU can’t does not mean nobody can. Being able to do that require experiments and dedication, which is the opposite of being a crybaby and requiring to have your diapers changed every time you realize you pooped yourself.
Also you obviously lack a taste in nyancat vids so there is no way !

I’m sorry, this is just your inability to read.

no it’s your inability to accept you are wrong. CCP just very clearly say you are wrong.

This is a big one right here. The Mission system is played a lot, but gets no love at all and it’s way stale. Time to get to work on it.

There we go again with your same old argument of running Zazz and Scarlet 3x each in one hour. You realise that getting those missions consecutively is having horseshoes up your ass, it NEVER happens. That was nothing but luck and if you managed to pull them like that, then you did something like ruined your standings in turning down missions just to make your idiotic point. 10 years ago this game had tens of thousands of players on it at any given time. It was holding average player counts of 60-70 thousand at any given time. And these were PAYING subscribers mind you. I held corps in high sec that got war decc’d that fell apart because the members of the corp just didn’t want to have PVP forced down their throat.

So where did all the players go, and why did we turn to this alpha thing, and having to rely on Plex sales to keep the game alive hmm? Why is that? Why is the average now between 25-35K, less than half what it used to be. Why did CCP have to sell off a bunch of their assets and much of their company to an investment group and in their words “to stay alive” if the market on EVE is so amazing?

It’s not. This game has been slowly dying and the only thing holding it together are the null guys who have been playing for a LONG time and want to support the game. That is fine and well, but those null guys are starting to leave now too, because there’s nothing left for them to do in this game.

What EVE needs is new blood here. CCP needs to draw in the standard MMO market. Because you know, half the player base of this game at one point WAS the standard MMO market. And CCP insisted on their vision of this game being a PVP only submarine game. Well that vision failed. Because most people don’t want to work hard towards something only to have PVP shoved up their ass and causes them to loose that hard work.

I am still standing firm on my statement. NULL monies need to be knocked down a few hundred pegs. High sec needs to be cared for. The mission system is drab and boring and a ■■■■■■■ chore. No one wants to run it, and instead of putting in ■■■■ like Abyssals, anomalies, etc. Why not just hammer down the mission system and make it fun to work with.

But oh no. Any good change for high sec is a BAD change for you null idiots. I don’t care about your “I ran 3 zazz and 3 scarlets in 1 hour so here is my math”. YOu might see that once every few months of grinding missions out DAILY. Or you ran alts and turned down missions and hurt your standings to get those big ones. I’m guessing the latter. In either case, you are outright lying.

EVE is not in a good state right now. CCP you need to take care of your high sec mission running players, the vast majority of MMO players. You can do that by fixing the mission system and making it indepth and fun, and a little more profitable. These null guys are saying “making just as much running missions as in null?”. My ass. How can you even say that if you carrier rat 250 mil an hour solo. That statement is a complete and utter joke.

I never claimed it happened. I claimed I made those 6 missions within an hour. Learn to read. I also had other missions that I did within this hour.
Yesterday I farmed for two hours, and only made 2 I think scarlet and 3 zazz during this time. Still made over 200M net bounty+reward, plus two zor implants, plus faction stuff(I think it was only 50M worth).

You are getting lucky with zazz/scarlet. Seriously. I almost never see those missions. You are getting lucky with them.

EDIT: And you are also taking into account that you actually managed to get the drops. Zazz more often than not only has the crappy implant worth only 600K. You can’t get the high end drop once and then assume you are going to get that drop every time. You only have about a 4% chance of getting the lucrative drop. And as far as scarlet goes, you have to literally nuke her with a max sebo fit ship right at the very beginning of the mission or she doesn’t even drop anything at all

Luck has no meaning on the long term.
You complaining about bad luck will bring nothing good…

no, it also has an item that is worth 20M each time.

more than that. right now I have 4 hyperlink and 21 links, that is 19%. But that’s lucky for sure,usually it’s around 5-10 %

Nope. No sebo needed, tracking computer however and tank is better.

I’m not complaining about bad luck. I’m looking at the average and working from that. You got insanely lucky getting zazz/scarlet and getting max loot drops from those missions all 3 times and then you do your calculations based on the fact that you are multiboxing toons and cycling out your missions so that you are left with zazz/scarlet, and then also basing your math off getting the max loot drops every time as well.

Your math is wrong because it’s based purely on one lucky run and it doesn’t mirror reality

That’s where you are wrong. I make my math based on REAL AVERAGE values. When I say I make 100M/h average, it’s because over tenth of hours that’s the average value I had FOR REAL. Without the LP, without the random drop - so excluding the worthless(in term of isk*drop frequency) zor hyper-link ; excluding the faction DDA I just dropped the day before yesterday ; excluding the shadow serpentis DC I drop sometimes ; exlcuding the faction inertial stabs.

Same for null sec when I made the experiments in VNI, I made 60M/h with max skills, and 80M/h when also salvaging, based on hours of data (including each item looted/salvaged). I also spent time optimizing my fit, readying myself for people trying to kill me, compared the value with escalations, etc.

No. You are talking about zazz/scarlet getting run 3x in an hour and basing your math purely on that, and constantly referring to that. You are also basing it on multiboxing and being able to pull/turn down missions until you are left with only lucrative missions. Your math is a total joke. Because in my experience the #'s are WAY DOWN from what you are suggesting. 200 mil an hour PER TOON? That is a JOKE. YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL LIAR.

No. I told you the amount of isk I made, and explained that since there are missions that loot a guarantee drop this amount (from wallet entry)was lower yet the net worth I made was much higher.
I tell you this amount of isks I made is constantly over 100M/h, even without considering the LP and the random drops.

That’s because you suck. I keep repeating you, just because you can’t does not mean nobody can.

And once again and again and again. You are multiboxing and using multiple toons to pull and turn down multiple missions till you get the ones you want. You are such a damn liar.

I’m not. You affirm things without any knowledge. No wonder you get so low income in HS.

You have to be. Because the game doesn’t issue those 2 missions, 3 times in a row each, within 1 single hour. It just doesn’t. So that tells me, if you are not multiboxing, then you are 100% lying, and I want to see your video evidence. Until then, your argument is null and void.

I looked at the LP store. Yeah you can make some money there. But not much. I spent HOURS running missions for a certain NPC corp, now I have 183K LP. I want to spend the LP on something. One of the more expensive things there is the faction command module. But I have to spend 150 mil just buying the T1 versions of said module. Then I have to spend 100 mil in raw isk, on top of 80K LP, to buy it. Then I MIGHT be able to sell it for 350 mil if I lowball it. Or I can take a hit and flog it for 215 mil for given buy orders and loose nearly 50 mil and 80K LP out of the deal.

The LP store is not your end-all solution. It is not nearly as lucrative as you are making it out to be. Actually the LP store is a complete and total joke. Maybe 10 years ago the LP store would have been a really great option when prices in high sec were 1/4 the price they are now. You might have actually been able to turn that lP into ISK. Your numbers are massively off. I want to see video evidence of you making 1000000000000000000000000 per hour in high sec.

Until then. You are just a total liar.

Just an fyi, the more profitable items in lp stores can often be cheaper items.