Gankers and freighters, a request for discussion. Not a BJ RANT

I’ve had hundreds of unread comment notifications for this thread in the last 24 hours and it’s all petty bickering and trolling.

Shame so many of these threads go this way.

com-resize(4)

2 Likes

Yes, its a shame that some people still dont understand the terms they agreed to.

It is against TOS/EULA to run more than one account in EVE simultaneously, unless each of them is an Omega.

Can’t do much when someone is obtuse tbh

It’s like explaining to a flat-earther that the planet is spherical… lol

These threads are trash from the poorly thought out premise, salvos just takes it to another level

Gj Drac…

You managed to derail this thread on your “allow 1 Alpha per Omega” irrelevancy, though I repeatedly encouraged you to make a new thread for that specific topic.

Hope you are happy now.

PS: Hilarious how you exposed you still didnt know that its against TOS/EULA to run multiple non-Omega accounts on no matter how many PCs. Fks sake, man. Own your crap. Look what you have done.

You’re as guilty pal
Moreso even :joy:

Man, what a pile of :poop: to wake up to!

@Salvos_Rhoska the point that is being made about lowsec is that an intended change that you’re only thinking effects highsec bumping CAN effect other areas of the game. The example about lowsec is a viable example of how changes intended for 1 area can effect the meta in other areas. A good example of this was the wreck EHP buff that was intended for capital fights where it was said to be difficult to be able to loot the field as people would easily pop the wrecks to deny you and your fleet the spoils of victory… this change effected the way AG interacted with gankers. Instead of trying so hard to prevent the gank, they would just use a throwaway thrasher alt to deny the spoils (which is what keeps the gankers going).

This behavior you’re exhibiting is exactly what I was in arms about previously. Just like your proposed change to alignment / warp mechanics that change effects other areas of the game even though that’s not your intention. When you think of ideas and features you absolutely HAVE to consider all areas of space in that balance.

To answer your question, playing around gate guns and using them to your advantage is absolutely a PVP tactic. The guns themselves might not be players, but there’s a metagame there that goes beyond, “lol I press f1” and instead it becomes a game of strategy.

——

Drac we’ve talked about this before, but highsec isn’t some designated noob zone or a place where the game should be easier. This is reinforced by comments CCP devs have made talking about how harsh of a place Eve is. I will agree that there are systems designed and in place that aren’t as in your face aggressive such as being able to freely shoot in Nullsec with no crimewatch effects, but the whole idea of Eve Online is that it’s a harsh place that will beat you up if you let it.

My next point is that just because highsec houses some casual players or ones that want very little conflict doesn’t mean the game should be balanced around them. The game should always stay true to its core ideas that separate it from other MMOs on the market.

There will always be someone stronger, better, and more prepared than you are and CCP should interfere with that as little as possible. That’s the point of the sandbox. If people are inclined and skilled enough to play the game of alts, then so be it. Alts are widely available to all players, and there’s no reason to not use one and keep it as Omega with farming SP. I respect those that want full immersion or that can’t physically run multiple clients, and that’s unfortunate for them. The game doesn’t guarantee an equal or even fair gaming experience based on how you prefer to play the game or your computers capabilities.

3 Likes

The proposed change applies everywhere, exactly the same.

It applies only to bumping.
Not to anything else, nor any sector mechanics.

I love how he posted a reply after reading the first line only

He can’t understand what it will affect because he only plays on the forums :joy:

The proposed change only affects bumping.
That change applies the same no matter where a ship is bumped.

How players deal with that in individual sectors, or for specific purposes, is up to them.

Bumping will still be possible, everywhere.

It just will require a point before the 3min warp-out timer caused by bumping, expires.
That is possible in every sector of EVE, just as it was before.

@CCP_Falcon maybe you can answer this question, why was the 3-minute warp timer for bumped stuff not implemented? (Out of curiosity)

Was it the lack of interest, the unwanted consequences over people that weren’t flying whales in hs?

Tia

1 Like

My guess would be it was sidelined due to excessive enormous whine from players like you, on countless alts etc, that cant survive without it, nor adapt to the change.

Where did I whine about it?

It doesn’t affect me in the slightest lol…

I understand that it is a harsh place and don’t disagree with that point, the issue however is that expect hisec to continue to decline and be stale based on this. Give you an example I like a challenge, but I will not do something that I have no chance to succeed in no matter what I do, if I make that decision then I don’t bother. So using freighters between the two major hubs was deemed by me to be not worth it before I headed to nullsec. I decided that I could not counter the suicide point to negate my webber because I could not gank the Macherial with one Talos. The counter was above me and that was with two accounts.

But if the real counters all rely on multiple accounts, then people go WTF and decide not to partake. No one wants to be a patsy to be farmed so easily.

I have thought that Eve is a game which requires multiple accounts in so much of it’s core play, in fact if it was me I would give a special discount deal to players to have a second Omega account if they link them…(there is a reason for that.)

Eve should stay a harsh place but let me put it this way, on the other hand you have bitter high SP players partaking in an area that is setup to be more controlled and low risk and yet they get upset on the restrictions there. This is just as insane as people getting upset at being blown up in a PvP game.

PS I am looking for ways to get hisec up and running again because the real core issue is the lack of players there, especially ones that want to go for it…

I think it was @Black_Pedro that mentioned it was sidelined due to the team that was responsible for that developing on that idea was dissolved and moved to work on other, more pressing areas of focus.

I will also note that @The_Judge did mention in our discord last night that it was of his opinion that CCP is obligated to finish out their roadmap before turning attention to other things. That isn’t to say that won’t do a tweak on something, but yeah.

2 Likes

I can’t refute your points really. What I can say is that hauling will undoubtedly still be done in highsec no matter what. You will still find the ignorant, unknowing, or just plain bad players still hauling. I am very interested in seeing the data for the volume of courier contracts completed in highsec today as opposed to 5 or more years ago.

If it does decline because of the difference between organized gankers and haulers, then expect the career haulers that are good at what they do start to ask for a higher reward for their due diligence in not being a ■■■■ hauler.

That was the rumour. and then this nugget was in the last CSM minutes:

Fanfest is the perfect time for someone to get some face time with a dev and ask. They will probably be cagey, and not want to commit to anything, but unless we hear something about it in the next couple days, I think we can say it isn’t coming anytime soon, if ever.

4 Likes

A fair point, but I was not suggesting this so much to shield the lower level hauler, more to look at what hisec really is, for casual people to develop themselves into other areas, which seems to be what CCP treats it as… For me to haul with one account is gross stupidity, so trying to adjust for that is a bit meh, but I still come at it from the point of view that I see hisec as more of a place for casual players and that if the counters are based on being less casual we have a problem here.

But you are right, they should not be flying freighters than, which is what a number of people also said on the discord channel and I do not disagree with that, but I came right back and asked the key question, then what is hisec really for if it is not for more casual players, and the only people who can answer that is CCP.

Well that is a lot better than the other reason detailed above. Thanks for that.

I totally agree with you. Highsec is where new characters are plunged into. You get the NPE tutorial stuff and all that. Even with all that, eve is a super overwhelming game.

I guess in the age of skill injectors and these good deals you can buy on the packs to apply to your account it isn’t unreasonable for a new player to look at a career and go, “I want to be a space trucker!” Then inject himself into what will uktimately be his death. This is no different than someone injecting into a carrier as a new player.

So in that example above there’s lessons to be learned of the player is patient and mature enough to examine his mistakes instead of blaming the system and it’s mechanics for his unfortunate losses. Eve needs players that examine their losses and improve… well I guess we need dumb and impatient people to because they provide content for others as well :wink:

Point I’m making is that Highsec isn’t some designated new players playground. In fact I’m willing to bet that most of the freighters that get ganked are from people that have been playing reasonably long enough to know better or have been given ample opportunity to learn how to minimize risk. How many of these 20b whales do you think are new players? In fact most of the people that I bump on the Perimeter gate in Jita aren’t new players at all.