Gankers do not make EVE a better place

Yes I noticed this too, it started with addition of AIR challenges as it is mostly new players up there to AFK mine some Kernite.

Right click block, set standing -5 “check” send message “karma”
Set notes “Destroy this target every single time without remorse.”

Then they can rage to themselves in silence, like they deserve.

1 Like

Imagine playing a PvP game and getting mad when pvp happens :flushed:
It’s like ordering Chinese food and getting mad when a Chinese guy shows up at your door :smile:

3 Likes

@Ciryc_Lagrej I am genuinely interested in your answers and it’s a bummer you’ve seemed to have disappeared over the weekend.

I for one would say CCP’s argument is deeply flawed… Losing a ship in a fair fight, an unfair fight, or at least one that you were willing or even remotely interested in being engaged in to begin with, (you were in a combat ship, or you were in lowsec, were in a wardecc’d corp, insert valid reason here) CAN be a hook that a lot of people enjoy. However, to say that it’s a hook to someone who’s minding their own business when 6 gankalysts show up out of nowhere and blow their defenseless mining ship to peices, or someone’s in the middle of a mission, and a few gankers blow them up while they’re engaged with rats, or a bunch of tornado’s simply blow your hauler to bits after you undock from jita before your interface loads and you even have time to click on a jumpgate is an absolute load of crap…

Sure, it’s a hook, but only for the people pulling the gank. Being on the losing side of that “hook” more than once tends to chase people off, and eventually the overfishing causes the population of fish (players) to collapse.

At the end of the day, Sec status should actually mean something and have consequences. It should follow people all the way down to Null, where security is no longer a concern. Jump gates and stations, should refuse to activate or provide any services, including docking/tethering for them… Screw up too much? you’re not welcome back to highsec until you rep-grind.

Additionally, people ought to be able to charge a markup for players/corps/alliances they have bad standing with or outright block them from buying what their selling and as a part of that, easily see the standing of the person they’re buying from. No one’s willing to sell you anything? Might wanna stop being a dick…

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

I think someone stole his Candy.

2 Likes

Dunno, got 391 kills with my proc, its actually quite a bit more than that, but I don’t link my API to zkill. Yes, they usually had mining lasers fit, along with a web and scram…

Seems like a poor choice fitting yourself to be defenseless in a PvP MMO???

2 Likes

Actually there are countermeasures you can employ to evade all of those.

They didn’t.

Ergo, they deserved the death :smiley:

It’s an open world PvP MMO. We are all content for each other. Don’t like it? HTFU :smiley:

As long as positive sec peeps can’t do the same in low :smiley:

So if you are positive sec, remove docking permissions for low sec stations. Oh and move lvl 3/4 missions and tier 3 and above abyssals into only low and below and I shall agree to your terms :smiley:

How is playing the game being a dick? You sound like you can’t handle this game emotionally. I suggest Stardew :smiley:

There are also those that enjoy being sorely disadvantaged and still scraping a good-bye by the skin of their teeth.

2 Likes

What are you even complaining about Ganking got nerfed hard last patch.

1 Like

They always will complain.

You need to understand, they don’t actually want EVE to be EVE.

3 Likes

LOL at people complaining about complainers.

1 Like

When is CCP going to fix the Ganking Problem?

Dear sir, you are in the wrong place.

3 Likes

You can set the kill right to public so anyone can claim it when they see that ganker, you can even sell the right

I lost 3 months worth of work by loading it all into 1 freighter and afk flying to jita.
I got ganked.
I quit game for a few years.
I came back.
Now i use insured contract deliveries.
Now they get blown up. I get paid.
Im happier now.
Ganking is no problem for risk management using players.

4 Likes

Thats not how free market works.
Contracts are private.
Private trade w anyone you want.
Public prices serve a purpose.

Except they don’t just come out of nowhere. pinging d-scan every 3 seconds and paying attention to local for sudden influx of people are all early warning detection systems designed to keep you alive.

Huh? I Wonder why I have kill marks on my venture if it’s so defenseless?

Maybe you should consider putting defenses on it and start pinging d-scan and paying attention to local.

Why are you not using instant docks and undocks in jita? You’re just asking for this to happen.

Pro-tip, place instant docks and undocks in all of the major trade hub systems and on all of the main stations you use.

Why? I have alts that make all my ■■■■ for me. How would this help?

Who took your lollipop?

Good advice. You should try following it instead of being a dick ranting on the forums.

1 Like

It’s even more fun when you use a corp mate to blow you up in a corvette to take care of that pesky 0 isk kill right and have your corp mate send an EvE-mail to kill right holder informing them that they have been taken care of.

I like using this format:

Dear [insert name here]
This mail is to inform you that your kill right has been fulfilled. The prick, Ax’l Thorne was blown up in his mighty Ibis class corvette [attach kill mail]. That will teach him a lesson in messing with you!

Yours truly.
[corp member name here]

3 Likes