Gankers in highsec still there?

Here’s some interesting data that supports the claims that ganking is not out of hand. What does everyone think?

You can filter it by character age as well. Take a look at it all and see what kind of trends you can connect the dots on. This is about facts, not feelings people!

2 Likes

Stop using your patriarchal data. We have strong and unsubstantiated feelings that ganking is totally out of hand. Gank victims must be believed at all times.

12 Likes

I do believe that you lot are rather scared that ganking is about to be ganked by CCP?

I really don’t think CCP is gonna “gank” ganking. They may do something about bumping but I’m sure it will have minimal effect. I think it was around 2015 when I prepared myself both mentally and meta-wise to inevitable changes to bumping.

I do think that a bump timer is harder to implement than what most of the arm-chair devs in here seem to believe. Anyway, the data is interesting and to be honest I think that for the most part everything seems balanced as far as how much is being destroyed.

2 Likes

Well at this point I might just go and grab some :popcorn: and watch what occurs… :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Yeah I mean CCP is gonna do what they want in the end. Will be interesting.

1 Like

This would be a good thing. Right now bumping is an exploid used by gankers. If bumping works right the ship of the ganker would suffer damage. After hiting something once or twice your ship should basicaly blow up. Right now nothing happend.

At least in highsector.

When you bump in traffic with your car into something does it get damaged?

So - it´s an exploid!

1 Like

hur durrrrrr bideo gaymm duuurrr

5 Likes

Bumping is not an exploit. Bumping is a game mechanic.

Then it´s a bug cause it is unrealistic

We’ve been over this so many times.
Jita undock… bump bump bump BOOM? Who goes BOOM?
Even miners can accidentally bump each other.

:rofl: @Australian_Excellence explained it to you as simple as possible and still you don’t understand.

1 Like

K dude

Easy. Undock timer -10 seconds should not give you any damage. Otherwise you go boom when you bump.

Nope
It is not…

I said it before and I’ll say it again…

Scrams and stabilizers were put in the game for a reason. Bumping is a cheap work around and ship to ship collision should be disabled because there is no other way to fix it that can’t be abused in some way.

1 Like

Also easy. Make them fly through other ships. No bumping works again

Allowing two ships to be in the same space leads to divide by zero errors.

But if I can fly my frigate through his freighter, surely I should be able to grab some loot on the way through?

3 Likes

Does your car drive trough other cars in real traffic…?

Only if CCP allows me to grab some loot each time I fly my hauler trough a station… :wink: