GANKING advice needed: I want to kill minerbots

I fear some in The Code have lost their way. Saw one of them posting a kill of a two day old char in a Venture. It was very disappointing.

Why would you do that? You just waste a lot of ISK and time this way. Just fit warb stabs to the battleship for the facpo, you don’t need to targetlock with smartbombs anyway.

But it’s sustainable after a few rounds

Hello, as one of Kamio’s local Agents I can perhaps cast some light on this situation.

There are large fleets of Skiffs which tour the region harvesting the ice. The full compliance of these fleets is an ongoing operation, however I will make two points:

• But for the the actions of Code Agents and Knights everywhere, those tanked, atk Skiffs would be max-yield Hulks, and would be operating in more lucrative but less safe space
  • The operators are well aware of The Code and have elected to only partly comply, and as such are subject to enforcement operations. I have myself been present for the mass confiscation of an entire fleet.

With such an enormous botting problem in highsec, our resources are constantly stretched. I would be happy to supply an enforcement weapon if you would be willing to join the fight.

2 Likes

Sir I would remind you that The New Order are not your personal mercenaries. We conduct James 315’s crusade, and while our choice of targets may appear mysterious to the uninitiated, it focuses on Eve-wide results rather than the petty concerns of individuals.

if you have a problem with this miner, there is no better weapon than you. Take up arms in James 315’s name, organise a fleet and put an end to your nemesis yourself.

2 Likes

:thinking: Yesterday, when I saw this Skiff fleet in Kamio, I also was aware of logged in ganker alt armies in the Sobaseki area as well as in Uedama, both ganking freighters. Maybe you don’t take bots serious enough any longer? Maybe you should be overthrown because of your obvious negligence.

All of our Agents would welcome that emergent content. You clearly don’t understand how The New Order works if you think we would be bothered by an upstart who doesn’t even follow The Code.

1 Like

Wait, there is a method behind what CODE does? “Leaving bots be but hunt actual players” maybe? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”

• Arthur C Clarke

“Any sufficiently advanced strategy, such as Code enforcement, is indecipherable to Goofuses”

• James 315
1 Like

But where does all the ice go?

Bourbon needs rocks.
Don’t ya know?

1 Like

I’m interested in bot hunting as well. I use to do quite a bit of it for a while back when Hulkageddon use to be an annual pass time but stopped doing it because of real-life priorities.

I’m already in the process of setting up my bot-hunting alt which I will use to fly a Blackbird for jamming targets and killing them. Specifically mining bots since A) I don’t know if the Blackbird can stand up to a bot-driven Raven Navy Issue in a mission site and B) bot miners don’t bite back as much. Obviously given the ship I am going to be using this means that I will be forming a holding corp that uses my alts so I can quietly wardec the suspected corps and go after their bots. Assuming of course these bots are that stupid.

My problem though is figuring out a proper fit for my Blackbird. I’m not too concerned about income as I make my ISK through mining and PI and I have gathered a lot of ISK for experimenting. Hell, even enough to get my new bot-hunting alt almost ready to start flying the Blackbird (yay, skill injectors). I’m sure I’ll figure out the right fit eventually with enough practice and hunting.

Hopefully I can remember my old tricks from back in the days when bot hunting was all the rage.

1 Like

I’ll form up with you. Message me in-game. I operate my own small corporation. I can create an alt, too, or just declare war myself.

I’m up for this but only if it’s 100% Klingon RP.

I have a soundboard ready to go and an Andorian slave tied up in the corner. It’s actually the postman who I’ve painted blue, wrapped up in duct tape and placed a pair of deely boppers on his head, but he’ll do for now.

3 Likes

Just be careful not to have him in the same room as a Vulcan.

Why not Borg RP, Resistance is Futile

Join CODE. and fly polarized catalysts.

Why stop at bots, just gank, see CCP should be dealing more with these bots, they make token strides at it, if you are going to start don’t limit yourself to mining fleets, gank everything, by taking it upon yourself to be a “saviour” in some feeble attempt to fix what can’t be fixed means your on a fools errand, these mining fleets have so much ISK or RL cash investments because they can afford to have many accounts its like trying to hit the wind, beyond that people do it to bugger others, which, sadly.

2 Likes

This. Plus there are lots of players who will advocate bots saying you can’t be sure they are bots (even when they behave exactly as bot). The botters propaganda is strong here. Just use the report button. Maybe it works only when multiple players uses it because the one bot I meet in skiff in 0.9 every day every time i fly through there is still running after 3 weeks.

Botters are moving to Orcas now anyway (heard on botting forum) as it is less suspicious.

1 Like

Even if it wasn’t a bot crazed people who obsess about miners still don’t care, they find something to fixate on and like pitbulls don’t let go no matter what, mining has always attracted a hatred from crazed folks, to try and explain this is futile, crazy is crazy.

Been testing out a new mining set up, works well, better yields the a procurer, but the draw back is cargo space, not for a solo miner for sure, and because you can be sure with it’s limited cargo space it needs attention every min, but, you think others won’t still fixate on it, it’s not really bots, it’s just humanity’s crazy showing itself.

New Order Logistics is recruiting! We kill bots! (and pretty much anything else that trespasses on our territory)!

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nhcoc-new-order-logistics-code-high-sec-ganking/57735/13