Ganking and PVP: Numbers in perspective

Then that’s easy to check on EVEWho.
But even if your character doesn’t exist in-game doesn’t mean you don’t exist and doesn’t mean that your arguments should be rejected.

1 Like

I’m goign to make a post to anoy ever one

1 Like

I’d advise you not to smoke beside that strawman you’re building.

Well, for me at least, most of the better PvP/gank-boosters arguments have some merit, in some contexts. But there is also a lot of disinformation/derailment/ad-hominem attacks on both sides, in lieu of rational debate.

Then there’s the “Bladewise” types that just spout off repetitious, easily-disproven blather because they want cheap easy ganks but can’t be bothered to put any thought into their post. Just knee-jerk opinion-spewing as if it was fact.

I judge arguments based on the validity of the argument and the information presented. I don’t need to fall back on trying to discredit the poster to invalidate their post. Although if someone is making a claim as part of their argument that requires evidence to back it (like someone saying “I win at PvP all the time”) I’ll generally ask them to provide evidence - regardless of whether they’re carebear or ganker.

3 Likes

Some actual real stats…

350 Ventures have been destroyed today.

Of that…just 8 were in highsec.

Of those 8…5 were destroyed by NPCs. Once again…more Ventures are destroyed in highsec by NPCs than by gankers. A pretty consistent figure anyone can see for themselves…around 60% of all Ventures lost in highsec are lost to NPCs.

That means less than 1% of all Ventures lost today were ganked. A mere three !

Why do you anti-gank crowd consistently have a problem with real, verifiable, data ?

4 Likes

That’s why CCP allows us to have as many alts as wished, right? Wrong.

I can see that :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for providing that data, it’s eye-opening. After reviewing it I have concluded that it would be better if ganking were aimed less at new players and more at lazy blingy veterans.

1 Like

To be honest, the ’ I’m above that rabble level of arguing’ people are often the worst at it.

Lol…after checking the start dates…of those mere three ganks…only one would legitimately count as a new player.

So, 350 Ventures destroyed today. ONE was a new player in highsec.

I rest my case.

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

even if we are “toons” we have a persona
we make friends , tend to like the posts of some , dislike others
with time we begin to know what they do, music they like , jokes they make
were are they from

for example
the princess likes to mine ice
that bald buffed shirtless guy is a inveterate ganker

meanwhile a random alt is a glorified soulless chatbot

1 Like

I think the point is more that forums are way more interesting when people discuss their own experience rather than blather on from behind a mask about everyone else’s.

2 Likes

So I need to go out and gank two miners as part of a fleet of gankers to have a say? 70 kills as an AG don’t count?

We are talking from experience. You don’t like that we don’t arrive at the same conclusions you do so you are making up excuses to attack us rather than the subject.

2 Likes

What experience ? You don’t have a kill or loss in 3 years, and only 3 days of killboard activity since 2016 !

That makes you an expert on ganking and PvP ?

Let’s not forget that battles can be won or lost without even logging into New Eden.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert, just that I’m not sure you’re in a position to judge given that your ganker alt has ganked a total of 2 ships and your main has been on 4 ship kills.

I think that the attacks on killboards you seem to favour are just your way of showing that you aren’t confident in any of your arguments on the topic, and so discrediting everyone with a different view is your tactic.

3 Likes

Who said anything about ‘judging’. My killboard at least shows I am active…most recent record just a week ago, and about to get another one today. You keep evading the fact that you have nothing in 3 years…and others of the anti-gankers have nothing in 4 or even 5 years. This is farcical on a thread about PvP.

Just because a mentally ill pirate princess can’t see someone’s homicide board doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

2 Likes

As far as I know this forum doesn’t have chatbots and Alt or not it’s still anperson who logged in and created the alt then is logging in the forum and posting. If you want to think it’s a bot it makes no difference on the fact it’s a person behind the character, again if this forum doesn’t have chatbots.

Anything you post on Venture ganks is irrelevant, since there are no Ventures on your killboard.

In fact your killboard would suggest you’ve never even seen a Venture.

Honestly, just stop trying to talk about things that aren’t in your personal experience, as evidenced solely by zKillboard, the one true source.

6 Likes

I’m not mentally ill

2 Likes