Ganking has gone too far

That’s your perspective, the miner don’t think like that . That is the primal mistake Code do . To think everyone thinks like them.

2 Likes

You don’t fight back a suicide gank, you can only prevent it by carefully planning your trip. Totally boring, but it’s the price of security.

So, you are saying that sleepy AFK miners who are watching television in the other room, are the really adventurous elite warriors who risk all on their daring exploit?

I mean, look, let’s just face facts - if you can’t keep your ship alive with the safety net of CONCORD to keep you from exploding, then you definitely done goofed and absolutely deserve to learn that lesson before you turn into a blingy lowsec fireball.

3 Likes

I would say you’re at least 50% right… But the main article that gankers hold up as their holy writ tends to inaccurately describe the situation.

Yeah, people should be more careful with the things they purport to care about, including virtual Assets in a PVP game. But at the end of the day, you can’t stop a gank that people want to do. There is no defense, there is no being at the keyboard, there is no way to avoid it.

There are tips you can use to make yourself less attractive, but there is literally no gameplay mechanic to counter a group of 50 like-minded people all getting in catalysts and dropping on you.

And I don’t think there should be. There should not be a way to stop an armada of players from getting together and doing what they want, like your corporation does.

Just… Jesus… The asinine rationalizations are what annoy the most. Just admit that you’re doing it because you want to do it. You’re totally allowed. The game rules let you.

1 Like

There is a defense. it’s called a permit. By utilizing basic social skills and proving yourself to be a valued member of a community, even people who want to gank you will refrain from doing so. Also, if 50 like-minded people in Catalysts decide to warp in on you, perhaps you should have warped away before they arrived. If you only had a permit, they might have left you alone.

You are right, we are doing this because we want to. We want you to get a permit, pay your taxes, obey the CODE., purchase shares in the New Order, and read the prose of our Saviour.

3 Likes

I’d like to know if there’s a way to get the number of freighters that jump into Niarja or Uedama on a daily basis, just to compare those to the number of ganks, to put this in perspective.

Yes, you can count them.

1 Like

Great, i’m going to do that!!! sigh.

Did anyone notice the shortage of Catalyst ships the other day?

1 Like

That, mister is not entirely true. A permit is not a garantee that you won’t be GANKED, I think it’s even writed in your code, im not sure.

1 Like

The permit is like a driver’s license, it doesn’t mean you won’t get arrested. You still have to follow the laws of our civilization. Long Live The New Order of James!

4 Likes

Think I’ll take two chickens.

1 Like

And yet you all commit the same mistakes on basing all your ideals in one person

I bought a LOT of them over the weekend, in preparation for the big High Sec wide competition next month. I’m sure a lot of other people are too. Only 8 more days!

3 Likes

This is the defeatism that makes you just another forum carebear. Jus’ sayin’.

2 Likes

Are there any gankers who claim to not like ganking or not want to do it? That’d be weird…

Having a ton of other good reasons to gank doesn’t mean that the fundamental reason (you enjoy it) has changed.

I should hope that everyone in this game does whatever they do because they enjoy it… I mean, that would seem to be a given when playing a video game, call me crazy…

4 Likes

No I didn’t mention miners or mining at all. I don’t know where you got that. All I’m saying is it’s boring that there’s no pvp. It’s pretty much just PK one way or another.

Miners have thwarted my ganks plenty of times by having cloaky pvp ships etc.

Your argument is invalid.

1 Like

This is about suicide ganking not legitimate hunting.

Yeah, I’m a suicide ganker, what do you even mean by “legitimate hunting”?

1 Like