Ganking in high sec

When I encounter such I consider it a :gift: :wink:

Just want to hop in here and say that those in the km are not representative of DRMI. We at DRMI are just a mining research alliance as the name implies. We mine, research and build things. We can build anything you like. If it is true that those guys ganked without provocation a fellow industrialist they will be severely punished. Ofc since km can be faked nothing will happen without an investigation. If the op wants to resolve this he should contact the undersigned. The op will have to deposit 50 mil with a neutral party as a mark of good faith because people are always trying to scam us. We use amro one as our third party. If it turns out the op is telling the truth we will refund the 50 mil plus the cost of the km. But if it is a scam we will ofc keep the 50 mil.
Fly safe
Armtoe
DRMI REIMBURSEMENTS

KM haven’t been able to be faked in quite some time.

Its eve. People=shicaca. Youre gonna meet people who just want to destroy things. Have a sense of self preservation. Get some tank and some cahonies.

1 Like

@Brutas_Joringer
Before I started playing (last week i think) I did some research on this game, and learned quite quickly that no system is safe in EVE.

While you may feel you never truly consent to PvP, you are always at risk.
A misconception is that highsec is safe because CONCORD.
Big nope apparently; CONCORD is there to punish, not protect.

So ultimately, I just make sure that whatever shineys I am flying (Vexor lol) is easy to replace.

I will always ensure my stuff is replacable and I accept that in the end, my Vex is going to get dusted by something, or someone.

Alternatively, if I was to fly a spendy mining ship, I should probably do that with friends, or an alt.
Someone to protect or boost me, or just tank the hell out of w/e it is im flying in highsec to make myself less appealing for gankage.

1 Like

As carebears we wouldn’t know about such things.

That’s the spirit!

Because CONCORD is there to punish, it does also kind of protect. It is a bit like real life: Police comes after the attack started, and they care for the foe.
In EvE, after that the victim has a kill right and the attacker loses security status. But the attacker neither has to pay for the losses the victim suffered, nor for his mental pains…

1 Like

The assailant(s) does loses his/her ship and the victim has killrights on the attacker right?
Gear up and get vengeful! :smiley:

1 Like

I must admit this post was an experiment to see the reaction it would get. As expected those effected as the post suggest reacted positively and offered support while the gankers tried to justify their actions, I expected this and as in real life some have morals some don’t. i do understand that the economy requires PVP and risk reward, I was just curious how the community would respond. Thank you for your input!

2 Likes

In other words…you were trolling.

Suspected as much, but perhaps genuine new players might learn from the responses anyway. You really shouldn’t use new players as your test subjects and their forum as a laboratory in your half-baked under-the-bridge “sociology” “experiment” there “doc”.

1 Like

Setting aside the obvious fact that your friend Wicked is actually old enough to have known by now (unless the character was recently bought) how to avoid high-sec suicide ganks in the first place (assuming she was not war decced), let’s use this as an example of how CCP can improve the New-Player Experience of Eve Online.

No, I’m not talking about making high-sec mining safe or anything like that. Ganking has been nerfed to a relatively modest point where it’s still enjoyable or profitable for professional suicide gankers yet not really a problem for the professional miners and other industrialists who are at least half smart.

What I’m talking about is making it easier for newbros to fully understand the kind of game they are entering. Often times they would hear stories of the backstabbery that goes on in Eve Online only to join and see that Eve Online is so much more cutthroat than they thought that they get scared and drop the game. Often times this is because the mechanics for the new-player experience is lacking in helping newbros fully understand that part of Eve Online while also preparing them for it.

One player on Twitter, @ScoutLagspike, suggested getting the NPE to teach PvP by having a thunderdome at the end where the newbro has to kill to graduate. He didn’t go into specifics but I imagine maybe requiring a duel initiation somewhere or perhaps having the player face an NPC that has the experience of a real world player but with a fit that is on par with the newbros’. The duel part probably wouldn’t be hard to achieve since there would be plenty of newbros in the same starter systems.

As for mining, the newbro would probably be forced by the new-player experience to get ganked by an NPC that has its gank fitting match that of the popular fits used by their player equivalents. They could be given a one-time mining barge by the tutorial that doesn’t take skill to pilot and offers a range of civilian modules to use on that one-time barge before they lose it to see if they learned anything on how to prepare next time. These would all be one-time items so they won’t have any impact on the economy should the newbro decide to not use them which is not likely to work out since they have to lose the ship or survive with it at the end of the tutorial to graduate.

Overall, we are seeing newbros being shown a shark-infested pool but are thrown in with no proper training for pvp. The current tutorials are an improvement from long ago but they still need work. If your friend had been trained properly you wouldn’t be posting this thread on the forums about how your friend lost a 300 million ISK barge to a ganker. She either would have learned to survive the gank or elude the gank.

In case you ask, I’m an industrialist. I mine and manufacture for a living. I have survived most ganks and failed to avoid a few. Some of which I lost were expensive as hell. I even participated in Hulkageddon to see what I can learn to survive and it taught me a lot. You should do the same too.

1 Like

Uh huh.

Oh, my God… High Sec is not safe!

That statement of yours is completely wrong: the gankers are not dictating your experience, but actually you are dictating their experience by making yourself a target.

2 Likes

Looking at the replies, this looks like bollocks.

Can you break that down exactly. Which gankers posted to try to justify their actions and which other are affected and reacted positively?

How about this: total losses that ganker party incur as result of being killed by the CONCORD will be automatically be given to victim, and the ganking party will be fined 300% total value of their kill (divided among each gankers) by CONCORD for initiating unprovoked aggression, ‘littering’ major routes of traffic, and disturbing peace and endangering bystanders and public in general. In addition, gankers will suffer 10% flat faction standing loss with the faction that the victim was doing missions for.

It is only logical that CONCORD will have to pay for everything they do, including responding to capsuleer aggressions and cleaning up of mass after enforcement; as such, CONCORD would realistically force the gankers to partially compensate for the victim, and also force the gankers to pay fines for committing crimes of attempted murder (didn’t kill pod), destruction of property (obviously), assault, robbery and theft, endangering of public safety, murder (if podded), pollution of environment (all those wrecks near stations), endangering and hindering traffic (all these wrecks surrounding stations and gates), etc.
In addition, just like in real life, CONCORD will permanently keep records of gankers and pay extra attention to them to be able to respond faster should these former convicts commit crimes again in Hi-sec, and once gankers’ security status is low enough CONCORD will label them as high threat and launch investigations to track down gankers’ co-conspirators and supporters (just like how the FBI in the United States dealt with mafias eventually); once long enough time has passed and the gankers continue their activities, or do not drop out of their corps and alliances for at least a year, CONCORD will declare the gankers as public enemy of all four empires and launch raids to destroy POS and all members of the corp/alliance in Hi sec.
This is completely realistic and expected CONCORD actions; after all, police forces also carry out this thing used to track down criminals known as INVESTIGATIONS.
Also, faction agents will of course be made aware of such act of piracy, and thus tell their boss about who disrupted their operations, resulting in faction standing loss for the gankers.

TLDR: CONCORD the police should also investigate repeat offenders and their alts/corps/alliances, and if those gankers do not bother to shake CONCORD off their track (by dropping to npc corporations and laying low for a long time), CONCORD will be successful in their investigations and launch a raid to terminate ‘capsuleer terrorist scums’, with all convicts and their alts designated as kill-on-sight by CONCORD in Hi sec. In return, ‘laying low’ for a sufficient enough time will gradually allow security status of player to increase up to zero. Besides, that 300% isk fine on gankers to be paid to CONCORD means that every ganks will now remove 300% more isk (of value of goods of victim destroyed or dropped during the gank) from the total economy!

2 Likes

3 Likes

It is rather a sad sight to see so many good men get wounded and even die to protect and serve citizens, and yet be portrayed as incompetents who have too big a gun and too little a brain in media and games; CONCORD only has big guns, and not the brains to launch investigations against repeat offenders. Hey CCP, it is about time that you folks recognize the actual capabilities of policing organization by taking into considerations investigations and war on terror/drugs/organized criminals that have saved so many lives, at the expense of the few but the brave.

May the courageous officers rest in peace, knowing that their sacrifices made the world a bit safer place for others.

You appear to be confusing our pretend game world for our real world, Alexis

I would call it ‘political correctness’, unless my 20th century brain misunderstood the definition of the term. Apologizes if what I interpreted ‘political correctness’ to mean is not how it actually means. In persuit of content, removal of isk, and reflecting of reality I may have appeared to be confusing fiction and nonfiction. I merely want the CCP to better depict the real capabilities and the good work police do, in accordance with what I perceived to be the main topic/issue of this thread.