Ganking in high sec

You are aware that the general theme of the game is “dystopian” in nature… right?

As in… the opposite of a “utopia.” Where laws, rules, and mechanics are turned on their head and pretty much everyone regardless of affiliation is a “bad guy” in some sense.

I would argue that CONCORD is not incompetent. They simply don’t care that much. Or they may even make money off of us killing each other.
Consider this:

• Each time someone buys something off the market, that item is taxed.
  • Part of said tax goes to the corporation that owns the station.
  • Another part of the taxes goes to the SCC… the division of CONCORD that monitors the markets.
  • The SCC funds CONCORD’s military wing.

The more people who buy stuff, the more taxes are paid.
The people to buy more stuff tend to be people who have lost and/or need to replace things.
Gankers have lost ships because they have been shot by CONCORD.
The Gankee, if they are unlucky/unprepared, have also lost things because they were shot by the gankers.
Both sides are buying more things and paying taxes… thus funding CONCORD.

Why would CONCORD want to stop the violence more than what is absolutely necessary?
Chaos and mayhem fuel their hardware and activities. It makes them legitimate too!
And they keep just enough peace so that the grand majority of people can pass by unmolested and continue the majority of trade. :smiley:

No, thats stupid.

That would be like “In addition to the death penalty, you will also be fined and will have to pay restitutions to the victim of the family.”

The punishment is death. The punishment is losing your ship.

Well, no. If you actually want realism, then 40% of violent crimes go unsolved. In real life, the moment you commit a crime, police dont magically show up on your doorstep.

If we were making this actually realistic, then the victim, or someone within the vicinity of the gank, would have to press a button to make a call to call in Concord. Only then would Concord show up.

TLDR: Your proposals are ridiculous

1 Like

Seems your 20th century brain is fine, however the game is set in the Gregorian equivalent of the 230th century where Earth isn’t even remembered as a planet.

Seems post apocalypse tv shows and movies depict even not too distant into the future a pretty dystopian society. In EVE lore, that apocalypse did happen, when the EVE gate closed.

As a result, here in New Eden, we just aren’t in Kansas anymore and what we consider PC in 20th century western culture means nothing.

FREEDOM!!!

And a CONCORD button in every capsule. That would punish afkers, brilliant.

As a week old player I like the idea that high sec is dangerous, you can get ganked in the safest places. and this game does not hold your hand.

I wish I had found this game when, as people have told me, they just give you a ship and kick you out into space.

2 Likes

The advice I’ve often given to my children is this: Life doesn’t get easier; YOU get better. The same philosophy applies in EVE.

3 Likes

damn, old thread.

Necro is better than nothing…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.