Ganking in highsec

Everyone already owned you and provided answers.

My answer: Learn to EVE kthx :smiley:

Also keep crying more :smiley:

Ganking is a part of the game. Get gud or get out.

In your initial post, those gankers had a 50/50 chance of making profit on that marauder kill. If they catch 50% of those drops, they are in profit. The freighter moving through Uedama without tank or agility implants, and presumably without a webber, was making a mistake that you yourself admit they should know about - Uedama is super dangerous for ganks, enter at your peril. So I feel like you’re not considering the whole picture in your objections.

There are plenty of excellent suggestions here to avoid the attentions of gankers - moving to a quiet neighbourhood is probably the most practical, should you wish to stay in high sec. I’d done this several times when I lived there.

If you are uncomfortable with the risk in moving freighters full of ore to trade hubs, there are services that exist to remove this risk. PushX and RedFrog are the biggest and - arguably - best. If you make things safer in high sec, you will remove this playstyle from the game, which would be terrible for the many people who have spent significant time and isk to build up these services and the pilots to populate them.

2 Likes

People assert that empty freighters did nothing wrong to get ganked, while asserting that empty freighters get ganked. Am I the only one who sees a problem with that chain of logic?

If you know that gank fleets will gank empty freighters, and you travel through a system with an active gank fleet without taking proper precautions, then you made a mistake.

https://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/

FYI, I was once jumping into LS, and Eve Gatecamp check said the way was clear. But when I jumped in there was a gatecamp there. I luckily managed to escape, but I almost had the dubious honor of being their first victim. The moral is that even if you do use Eve Gatecamp Check, your can still be caught off guard by a fleet that just stood up. Thus, if you want to be absolutely sure that the coast is clear, you should scout ahead yourself. Perhaps, keep a shuttle in your hauler/freighter/bowhead, and then use that to scope out high risk systems. Or, you know, you could just blindly stumble into 50+ man gank fleets and then proclaim that you did nothing wrong.

I don’t know if you worded your comment awkwardly or not, but it implies that you think that the only thing required for a properly tanked ship is the inclusion of a damage control.

Second, more goes into risk management besides just your fit.

Third, nothing is gank proof, nor should it be. The key is no to try to make yourself gank proof, but learning how to manage your risk… Unless, of course, you’re trying to set an impossibly high bar for determining whether or not ganking is properly balanced (i.e. ganking won’t be properly balanced until people can make their ships gank proof!)

https://imgur.com/a/OVGxFWW

I remember being told to look in the rear view mirror every 10 seconds or so. That’s a hard habit to learn and easy to unlearn. In Eve that rear view mirror is your dscan. Taking the advice of other, wiser folks, I remapped the space bar to perform a dscan. That makes it very easy. That advice about marking ganker corps with negative standing makes looking in local very useful. Keep an eye on the COUNT of those in local. If you see it surge, then a fleet’s afoot. The you will see them as a bunch of reds in the local list.

Add Corp/Alliance as TERRIBLE

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.