Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

It’s prove of words needing a long time before they change. It’s not proof for words changing quickly.

You’re only proving him right when he says they don’t, meaning, they don’t do quickly or not in the short span of a person’s life. For that you’d need to find better proof than a list of words whose meaning has changed over 300-800 years.

Look up 2 posts, specifically ones for the internet age.

It’s asking me to become a member. Not interested in clicking further just to find whatever the link holds. Got a better one?

This is just demonstrably false. In the short time of my life, with the rise of social media, I’ve definitely seen the definition of the word ‘friend’ change.

Why would you say something so foolish and obviously wrong?

1 Like

He didn’t say anything about time. He did just say that words don’t change meaning. And as long as he is not your alt I doubt you can read his mind about the true meaning of his words.

1 Like

I wanted to improve the thread with OC, but aside from @Whitehound, its just fallen down to the same low-tier crap

That legit makes me sad.

You people really dont know, or remember, how different this all could be. Instead, you make it all crap, cos thats all you know how to do anymore.

Very sad.

Ah.
The list from there is…
Bump
Block
Canoe
Catfish
Cloud
Firehose
Footprint
Friend
Follow
Handle
Meme
Ping
Sandbox
Swipe
Tablet
Tag
Text
Timeline
Troll
Tweet
Unplug
Viral

2 Likes

Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it crap.

1 Like

Do you like this?
Do you like what you are doing?
Does this make you happy?

But of course it does

Just like repeating the same thing over and over makes it true!!!11
/s

1 Like

A very stereotypical C&P discourse on word definitions and application?

It brings a smile to my face.
I like looking up stuff, and talking about history… so, yeah.
So… yes, yes it does.

I don’t go to the grocer to buy a house, nor do I expect to find them there. (except in the fliers)

No, you haven’t. You’ll only have found new words, which mean similar things and learned about the nuances of the word friend. That’s not the same as a word having a new meaning.

Used to be people having fun together, but that is becoming evermore distant and rare.

Used to be we used the same definitions for words, but now everyone wants their own.

Used to be OC was appreciated and reciprocated, but now thats gone too

Im out.
There is very little here of the EVE that I love.
o7 @Whitehound

1 Like

Bye Felicia

We’ll keep on having together with the right definitions

o/

1 Like

Don’t mind them. They’re innocent and don’t know what they’re saying. Or as a wise man once said, “The youth is not stupid. The youth is meant to be stupid.” - The difference is that the older ones are supposed to accept them for who they are and to tolerate them. Wisdom is what follows.

I’m only young at heart, most of us are…
We’re not bitter old farts like you guys lol

2 Likes

Oh so saying someone is a friend has exactly the same connotation as it used to, huh?

I don’t feel the need to refute this, is such a foolish claim to make. Everyone reading this knows you’re wrong.

What’s it like to be so butt hurt over a video game that you feel the need to be obtuse about other, unrelated subjects?

1 Like

It’s not so bad actually.

I am having fun! Both here and in game. Join us if you are not having a good time in game.

Every post on these forums ends up in people insulting each other

1 Like