Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

I see.
Thanks for the explanation.

That was easy, wasn’t it? Just humbly ask someone from the New Order and you will get the current meaning of the word ganking.

1 Like

Really thought this was a video where you sing EVERYBODY GANK NOW

Your post makes you look like a loser in real life, is that really any better?

1 Like

The definition seems slightly flawed to me as superior can mean a lot of things and will definitely get misused by some on the human level only to say they’re superior.

I personally define it as “being attacked or shot down in an unexpected, surprising or non-consensual way”.

I often see it as the main reason for why people are saying it. Only when they knew it’s going to happen, when they have predicted it or knowingly forced it to happen, then it’s more often seen as a loss, a kill and less often as a gank.

When I know there are gankers in Uedama and I know I have billions worth of cargo, and I got scanned, and I still keep flying my ship through it, and I’m now getting bumped, too, to finally I have 20 destroyers dropped on me, then I don’t consider it a gank. To me it’s only a loss, a kill, or I might just use the word dumb, but it’s not a gank to me. If I said I got ganked in this situation then only to pretend that I’m a victim of circumstances in which I had no control in, that it was totally unexpected, etc., while I know it’s not true.

But when I sit in a belt with a 90k eHP Skiff mining peacefully, and a destroyer starts shooting at me, because I didn’t notice it coming then it’s a gank to me, even when the destroyer didn’t get the job done. I’d still call it an attempted gank. Nor does one always get attacked when mining and so it still is a surprise and more unexpected than expected to happen.

But … I also like the definition of gang killing even when I see a lot of people using it for kills in a 1vs1 fight, or when they haven’t even been killed.

Eve-online universe is much more important than life. That’s why we are all here instead of working hard in life

:rightparrot::rightparrot::rightparrot::rightparrot::rightparrot:

2 Likes

I am on my first vacation in years. Two free days in a row. Amazing!

Edit: WTF is that on your picture?

1 Like

I personally define it as “being attacked or shot down in an unexpected, surprising or non-consensual way”.

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT what gank means

When I know there are gankers in Uedama and I know I have billions worth of cargo, and I got scanned, and I still keep flying my ship through it, and I’m now getting bumped, too, to finally I have 20 destroyers dropped on me, then I don’t consider it a gank.

This is EXACTLY what gank means.

At this point I think I’m just answering to a troll now. Misunderstanding the definition of “gank” at this level of wrong is just…
…typical eve online forum conversation?

And finally, I don’t think the words vastly superior can mean a lot of things either, I think everyone knows what that means.

It’s my observation on how the word is being used.

Just like one can say that whenever people are aroused and then start responding, that they’re more often wrong than right, and because they didn’t think before responding, but act out of impulse, thinking they got attacked and now need to defend themselves by any means (i.e. using caps, calling someone a troll, blaming the forum, etc.).

I changed the name.

I sing “Everybody Gank Now” in this post :smiley:
Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

1 Like

Are you perchance a beta? cry more
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Feel free to spend more of your vacation crying/admiring me. It is true that I’m a pretty big deal

Fill an entire page with emojis and we can discuss how big of a deal you are. This right there is at best an expression of a noob’s insecurity.

1 Like

:milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass::milk_glass:

Okay

2 Likes

Fun gank songs = cringey loser.
Spamming emojis = alpha winner.
Gank = whatever you want.

I no longer understand the world :confused:

That’s what happens when people don’t evolve

Dw, it happens to everyone at some point

Don’t mind the preadolescent, ya know how these kids are. Always runnin’ around showin’ off. Yo, wanna go gank some amarrian? I’ve heard it’s rabbit season on my planet and we ain’t got no rabbits anymore since the last time we declared it for a whole year and a half, for the whole fuckin’ planet. So instead nowadays we go shoot the next best damn thing, ya know?

1 Like

Post your whiny code complaints here

I’ve got a complaint. The thread’s title is bogus. Whenever i fail gankin’ someone CONCORD never shows up to blow him away.

Why is it so hard for supposedly smart people ( only smart people play EvE, after all ) to spell ridiculously simple words like ridiculous?

Pretty much this it’s just being a sociopath really because you can get away with it.