Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

Did you read the OP at all? Salvos is the best thing that can happen to this thread.

@Salvos_Rhoska Go ahead, do your thing.

Yeah, that post is one of those abominations that should have been buried somewhere out back. Instead you summon the carrion eaters.

Already did, but this thread is full of snowflakes that think words mean whatever they personally want them to.

They see definitions as authoritarian and patriarchal. It offends their delicate sensibilities.

1 Like

Dunno, but its not suicide ganking without a gang.

Gank = Gang kill.

Term originated in WC3/Dota, for the act of ganging up on a sole isolated hero (usually an idiot over-extending alone or caught forest creeping).

Well, it’s a classic comedy, isn’t it?

Guy walks into a bar, orders a glass of milk, starts lecturing the barkeeper on Whiskeys, and ends up getting hit over the head with a bottle of Whiskey. Everybody laughs or smirks, a few pity the foolishness, and when the hit was hard enough then “ISD Policy & Ambulance” come to secure the place and rescue the wounded. And the curtain closes.

2 Likes

They dont understand that without definitions, language becomes useless for communication.

If everyone has their own definition, nobody knows for sure what another is trying to communicate.

They like this, as snowflakes, cos its an easy way out of an argument they dont understand or cant win. They also like it cos it strokes their ego to use language in their personal snowflake way. Oh so liberal and progressive.

Give them a dictionary and a red pen, and see them cross out everything they “dont like/disagree with”.

1 Like

I believe they do understand it, even if only subconsciously. They accept that in EVE we have our own terminology. But then you get the guy who goes “full retard” as they say and wants to correct others, while really he fails at picking up the nuances hidden within the context of discussions.

Somebody says ganking, which can mean a lot, and so we follow the trail of clues or ask questions. Only some want it all spelled out, because doing what we do is a little too hard I suppose.

2 Likes

They maybe right, that the definition of “gank” has been bastardized and ambiguated by millenials to mean “whatever you want” in EVE and games overall.

But that doesnt change what it etymologically means at its root.

Just shows they dont know any better, or dont care cos its more convenient to use language however their dear snowflake heart desires at whatever moment.

1 Like

Etymology is the hidden Whiskey bottle. We use it to hit OP over the head with it. The guy with the milk glass can be perfectly right in his view (although he cannot even spell the word “ridiculous”) and we can share his view and can agree with it, only he doesn’t understand that he’s drinking a glass of milk while everybody got their Whiskey and is their very own expert on Whiskey.

Or in other words. We all know, but we no longer care for what it means as everyone is their own expert. We care for the story the word is being used in and not for the word that’s used in the story.

Considering the word predates dota, it’s already been redefined. And use of it to describe solo kills has been common nomeculture since its inception. So… don’t whine that the dictionary you refer to actually fails at reflecting the long term usage of the word

1 Like

Mind you, but two adults are having a conversation here.

1 Like

Only by/in WC3, of which Dota is a mod.

But wth, who cares, right?

Everyone can define it how they want!
Who cares about definitions!

Examples:

• Omg Im earning so much isk ganking these NPCs in my carrier.
  • I made so much ganking profit selling my old PLEX!
  • Im really good at ganking french cuisine.
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

You appear to be ganking your lungs in that video.

So, you don’t want to be ganked, but rather get bumped.

… “Bump, bump”

3 Likes

Holy ■■■■ Salvos I’m so gonna use that in the future if you don’t mind me spreading it?! btw, are you in some military chorus? You got some nice voice mate! Hey and how 'bout AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS GANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU from Whitney Houston?

2 Likes

Here you go, bro.
Save the download cos I might purge someday.
Nio military choir, I just like singing though Ive ruined my voice with booze and tobacco.

4 Likes