Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

Yeah, but where does the definition comes from? It doesn’t get dictated by someone it develops and changes over time. So while it is important to know the origins and history of how a word came to be it is also important to recognize how people are using it today which may be different by community or context.

You know it is completely fine if you state your opinion what a certain word means for you. But your chosen definition is never particularly special in that it for example would be the original definition, which would be understandable, or the currently broadly used definition most would agree… No, you pick one which makes most of the time only really sense in your head and then completely obsess about it for hundreds of posts and wonder why no one agrees with you.

The only real snowflake is you Salvos.

1 Like

Already told you, twice.

You pull them out of your ass right?

I was there when it happened, kid.

I was there when Queen Victoria was crowned

It’s true because I said it on the internet

I played thousand plus hours of WC3 multiplay, Dota mod through many versions, and Battleship mod as a niche that never really caught on. Also Tower defence, survival, and marine mods.

This was before your time.

Well, one would hope so… since it was yours.

1 Like

Things have gone to ■■■■ with you millenials.

No respect for the history of video-gaming, or when it finally went multiplay, when you all tagged along years later.

That is cute Salvos. I played Master of Orion 2 (in DOS) and Diablo 1 over the phone line because there was no internet.

As did I.

But I also played Space/Kings Quest, Sopwith Camel before that. First game I ever played, was Pong.

The root of the term “ganking”, is in WC3/Dota, and it means gang-kill.

Also, wtf with ignoring my OC.
Back in the day, people used to produce it and salute others that did so too.

Have you forgotten that too?

That might be true, but the meaning of words changes constantly, and so has ganking. Isn’t gang-killing blobbing?

No, they dont.

They do. Read an old book., like 100-200 years old. You will see that words meaning change.

No ■■■■?

Yes they do

Ive read Chaucer, Shakespear and many Greek Antiquity works.

List me 5 words that have changed meaning.

Tell us more about how phones used to be attached to the wall, Salvos.

This is so weak trolling, especially when I produced 7 original vids in song on ganking.

You are like an angry baby.

I will congratulate you when you actually undock and gank something

1 Like

I’ve also heard that the internet used to make this weird sound when you connected, is that right? :smiley:

Yes and no. Over long time spans can words change. But you’re using books as an argument and you talk of 100-200 years. Yet the word “gank” or “ganking” doesn’t even show up in today’s Webster’s Dictionary or the Cambridge Dictionary. Only the Oxford Dictionary has the following to say:

The word simply doesn’t have a solid definition for it to have changed over time, that’s how new it is.