Ganking makes Eve a better place

Yah, that’s what gankers do all day, dropping 15 Catalysts on 2 day old Ventures in the starter system. Right.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Never happens ?? Zkillboard shows a 4 day old noob in a Procurer being ganked only yesterday by Safety.

1 Like

Are Procurers a type of Venture, or are you just the kind of person who doesn’t even read their own posts?

2 Likes

Oh…we’re down to hair-splitting now.

We are down to you obviously being ignorant.

1 Like

Mining isn’t a good way to make money, and solo mining in a venture in high sec certainly isn’t a good way to make money.

I think getting ganked early and often in a Venture is probably a really good thing for a new player. There are plenty of people who would be delighted to help a new player who just lost everything out, and probably teach them about better, more productive ways to spend their time in game after something like that happens. And if it doesn’t, it at least teaches them that no matter how small and worthless they are, someone will be willing to kill them just for a laugh. If you lost 5 Ventures in your first couple of days/weeks playing, you’re not going to buy a Hulk the immediate second you scrounge up enough isk to to AFK with it out in a field because you know exactly what’s going to happen.

I imagine more than one player has quit because they saved up for a literal month and a half to get a shiny new exhumer only to get it blown up immediately after. How many of them wouldn’t have if they lost a couple worthless ventures first?

3 Likes

I’m not a big fan of high sec ganking.

But I really dislike the cocky, zero tank, AFK - Retriever pilot grabbing all the belt ore without a care…

So, I guess the enemy, of my enemy, is my friend??

4 Likes

Also given the crappy yield in a Remnant Belt, they are obviously doing it to try and shield themselves by hiding in a noob system.

Which, ironically, is a noob mistake in of itself.

1 Like

If you in a proc, you ain’t a nub. But if you no fit tank in proc, def nub by choice but not by time :smiley:

1 Like

But why is it anyone else’s business what a miner ( can’t help but notice a consistent disdain for miners from gankers…even though the miners are mining the ore that replaces your suicided ships ) does in highsec ? Does Eve need policing in case some guy bores themselves witless watching a mining laser all day ? Who cares ? It seems to me the people who feel the need to rectify this must be a heck of a lot more bored !

1 Like

Because its a multiplayer game and we all share the same space.

If I ganked Id just build my own ships, and as I dont, Im glad they buy ships I sell.

Im glad both sides do.

You seem to care enough to attempt to make a case that someone who lets themselves get ganked is more moral that someone shooting at them.

Nobody ‘lets’ themselves get ganked…as there is no such thing as being un-gankable. So the whole ’ you hadn’t learned to tank up’ thing is a myth, because given enough gankers almost any ship can be destroyed.

Oh no, peeps def let themselves get ganked. They don’t do the measures you yourself have already claimed to have learned, including fitting a tank.

Hell sometimes on the KMs, they don’t even run a fill mining fit on the barge. Make it make sense LOL.

1 Like

Yes. That is a job for public Safety.

Yes they do. All the time. Saying they dont doesnt make it so.

Often it’s a mining group that will forum an offshoot ganker group, a way of protecting the ore in a sys for them selves. I have 3 or 4 on my list , ice miners in particular.

1 Like

But that claim that ganking helps people fit a proper tank is nonsense, because extra shielding, armour, etc merely increases how many gankers it takes to kill you. It doesn’t make you un-killable…it just means it needs 20 gankers to kill you rather than 10. Player is still just as dead at the end of it. Given that gankers can scout and know exactly what fit a person is running, they can also plan ahead for what weapons to use.

Plus the claim that ganking somehow ‘helps’ people is sort of like burglars claiming they help people fit proper burglar alarms…when people wouldn’t need the alarms were it not for the burglars in the first place :slight_smile:

Thank Bob for that.

We don’t need a 100% safe EVE when we are in space. That would be a huge change to the fundamental game.

1 Like

The claim that people ‘let’ themselves be ganked would be true if it were possible to be totally un-gankable. But that is not possible. OK so someone with ‘not enough’ shielding got KO’d by 5 gankers…but if they did have max shielding the gankers could simply return with 10 ships. And given that a lot of gankers seem to be in it for the lulz I don’t see this arms race and ISK loss for gankers being an issue. Maybe it would be if ganking was solely for profit.

They could indeed return with 10 ships. Or they could gank the other hauler with 5.

To run from a bear you don’t need to be able to outrun the bear, you just need to run a little faster than the other people fleeing.

2 Likes