Gates to Pochven from within Abyssal Deadspace PvE and PvP

tl;dr Add gates in the final room of abyssal deadspace zones to reach the Triglavian region of Pochven. Once players are in Pochven, if they activate and survive a PvE or PvP filament in that region it would build positive standings with Triglavians and enhance loot drops.

Chapter 3 abyss content is pretty amazing. However, an issue I see with it so far is the limitation that in order to ‘reach’ the new Triglavian region you have to solely engage with some form of PvE content or its spoils.

Suggestion: Add two additional gates to the final room of all PvE (Abyssal Filaments T0, T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, and T6) and PvP (Abyssal Proving Grounds).

Gate 1: Conduit to random 1 of 27 systems in Pochven (Triglavian Region)
Gate 2: Origin Conduit will return normally to where player or fleet activated the abyssal PvE or PvP filament.
Gate 3: Reroll the site raising risk and rewards (i.e. run another PvE or PvP zone of similar type without consuming another key and increase drop rate odds of special resources. With PvP zones, the existing party cannot bring new fleet members in that died or lost ships, however by taking the third gate from within the zone they are transported to a stable abyssal zone to wait in queue for next match.)

Suggestion: Award positive Triglavian standings and resources boosts when activating and running abyssal filaments from within the region of Pochven. Standings boosts scale based on the filament level and whether the player chose to take gate three increasing their assumed risk.

Players have a clear solo or fleet friendly pathway to build triglavian standing by first proving their worth by completing a filament that started in k-space or j-space >> choosing to take passage via gate 1 to Pochven >> building standings and amassing bonus resources by initiating filaments in the more dangerous space of Pochven.

Additional notes:
In-bound 1, 5, and 15 player travel filaments can still remain very rare drops. Transit via the abyssal PvE and PvP are already very ship class curtailed and do not, at least currently, appear to tilt the dynamic of logistics transport into or out of Pochven via this proposal.

On Pochven bubble camps:
The potential for having a filament beacon in Pochven ‘bubble camped’ is quite real, making this proposal an even tougher sell to convince any player in a bling gila to run a filament in Pochven, forgoing the ‘safety’ of high security space so they could grind trig standings and gain better drop rates by starting PvE/PvP filaments in Pochven.

Here the three gate system can be used to mitigate bubble camps. While players can use the Origin Conduit (gate 2) and return to the Pochven system they initiated from, (gate 1) the one conduit as random exit to 1 of Pochven’s 27 system is still available in the final abyssal room. This inter-Pochven transit, again is random, and helps the site runner avoid an immediate camp on old filament beacon (so long as they don’t get combat probed down in the new system).

Players choosing gate 1 also deal with the trade-off of having to navigate back through the Pochven systems if they had a particular staging system with supplies. Once inside, the only way to leave Pochven still remains via wormholes or outbound filaments (which can have prices, availability and activation usability adjusted).

I would recommend a higher Triglavian standings gain if the player were to exit the abyssal deadspace instance via (Gate 2) Origin Conduit and face the potential bubble camp head on.

1 Like

+1 from me, great idea!

Yes, my ‘plan for people non trig to gain standings is to repeatedly suicide-run conduits in Pochven.’

The flow of Viraj is a meat grinder. I live, I die, I live again.

On Pochven bubble camps:

The potential for having a filament beacon in Pochven ‘bubble camped’ is quite real, making this a tough sell for any player in a bling gila decide to run a filament in Pochven rather than forgo the ‘safety’ of high security space for trig standings and better drop rates.

Here the three gate system can be used to mitigate bubble camps. While players can use the Origin Conduit (gate 2) and return to the Pochven system they initiated from, (gate 1) random Pochven to 1 of 27 system exit is still available in the final abyssal room. This inter-Pochven transit is random however helps the site runner avoid a camp at the expense of having to navigate back through the systems to a home Pochven station if they were ‘yeeted’ many jumps away.

I would recommend a higher triglavian standings gain if the player were to exit the abyssal deadspace instance via (Gate 2) Origin Conduit and face the potential bubble camp head on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.