Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged

Freighter pilots are 99% solo Soo ya I’m asking for a fighting chance.

Have you ever considered the possibility that perhaps it shouldn’t be that way?

7 Likes

In most situations in this game you will need friends to have a fighting chance. And if you fly solo, then maybe don’t pick the fat capital ship that is susceptible to tactics that may require friends. There are other options for solo players.

2 Likes

For 15$ per month you’ll must have all possible chances ingame !!

1 Like

Nonsense - for $15/month he has a perfectly good chance of making friends who’ll help him achieve his objectives.

2 Likes

ftfy
… you welcome :joy:

Just another carebear asking for invulnerability in a competitive PVP game.

4 Likes

I had a thought…bumping over a certain speed could be what results in mutual damage and a suspect timer rather than just bumping itself. Slow speed bumping is not very useful is it? Nor could we expect significant damage and we could say that shields won’t be affected by slow speed collision.

At undock, your speed could be limited to just below that speed until you change your speed by your own hand.

Immunity to the timer but not the damage could be granted by being in a fleet with the capsuleer of the ship you bumped.

And if you don’t pilot well enough and incur a yellow flashy…tough.

It all seems more sensible to me. But, its easy to miss something.

Galaxy Pig

Does the pattern of labeling and accusation ever get tiring to some people? Really…any child could do that and also not add a damn thing to the discussion. Tell ya what, from now on either say nothing or add to the topic and we will just assume you threw out a derisive label and accusation of weak, selfish motive in to the forum ether…okay?

1 Like

15$ give you access to all the games features. The rules are for all players the same. If you think some of them require a change you are obviously welcome to make a comprehensive argument. Did not see one from you though

1 Like

Bumping involves two ships. So both should take damage and get suspect?

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Who are you, again?

2 Likes

Canceled subscritions are best arguments for CCP :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for pointing that out.

The key factor would be velocity toward the other ship at time of impact. So if you are not moving or moving slowly, you are safe.

Now I see another problem…someone bumping your ship into another ship over the “speed limit”.

This is indeed not an easy nugget to crack.

Edit: Probably bumping someone so hard and accurately that they bump another and get a suspect flag would be near impossible…but I don’t know. Perhaps a further fail safe of if that speed is even normally possible in your ship is needed…that would save barges and the like.

@ Galaxy Pig Who am I? Someone adding to the discussion here. Also, apology accepted.

Multiple bans should tell you that CCP didn’t want your money anyway…

1 Like

It’s become a honey trap for whiners who like this obviously anomalous feature/bug.

It becomes no less a weird and rookie-unfriendly characteristic for that: it’s a highly effective combat capability (no less specialized than many many others) that unlike the others, requires no module to use and has no defensive module.

I can understand people saying they like it. And if they did it politely I don’t think many people would object.

Calling it a ridiculous topic? I think you’re looking to wrestle.

1 Like

Man, you reminded me of this guy and his Marla.

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

■■■■■■■■.

Rookies don’t fly ships that can easily be bumped. There is nothing rookie-unfriendly about bumping, unless you want to suggest rookie fly freighters. A rookie buying himself to a freighter, though, is fair game!

Rookies would actually be better off when they actively bumped, which can already be done in a properly fitted venture. It’s fun and teaches maneuvering the ship. It’s not the best bump ship, but enough to disturb the evil miner who wants to steal his ore form the belt.

2 Likes

The whole damn game is anomalous, and according to some shouldn’t exist at all because of it.

1 Like