Getting bumped in a freight highsec should make the bumper flagged

Solecist

Have you ever reflected on the fact that the website of the “Cabal Of Dishonest Extortionists” is called “minerbumping.com”?

Freighters? /lol. Just another straw man.

I’ve taken your statement and pointed out that it’s ■■■■■■■■.

Bumping is not rookie-unfriendly at all.
You’re just making ■■■■ up in hopes you can use it.

You choosing to ignore the content of the post, because Ignorance apparently is Strength for you, isn’t my problem. If you want to explain how bumping is rookie-unfriendly, feel free to do so … or point me at where you already did so.

2 Likes

Solecist

Are you aware that there’s a concurrent thread about bumping in this very forum created by someone who was ganked by CODE? Not exactly a rookie perhaps, but he must be relatively new to EVE since he believed “the CODE” is anything other than a distraction.

I think you’re just making stuff up to suit yourself, then doubling down when you get called on it…

Classic deflection.

There’s also a case to be made for the pot calling the kettle black.

3 Likes

So you’re declaring it a “rookie unfriendly” mechanic because of a “perhaps rookie”, of which you don’t even know if he is one? He isn’t! You base your statement on a ■■■■■■■■ assumption and you know it.

Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…

Funny how it’s now apparently me who’s making ■■■■ up!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

You fail to explain how it’s actually a rookie-unfriendly mechanic, while I gave an example of why it is an actually rookie-friendly mechanic. If you already explained it, then feel free to point me at it. No, this thread is not evidence, especially because:

There is no evidence that what he claims actually happened.

I’m still waiting for some actual answers/explanations from you.

3 Likes

You aren’t welcome to twist my words - make up some of your own which aren’t the usual nonsense you spout, and I might listen to you.

3 Likes

LSG is apparently Croatian for a butthurt troll with 180 odd alts.

3 Likes

I can see a certain virtue in both taking damage - the problem with going suspect is working out who’s responsible (ever had a contested insurance case in RL ?)

eta: sorry, that was meant to be a reply to Ridley Rohan.

2 Likes

Jump Drive I

2 Likes

…LOL

2 Likes

Should we tell it that their acronym definition is an oxymoron?

A cabal being a secret faction or organisation, open to the select few; and CODE. being the exact opposite.

I prefer mine, because Company Of Dastardly Entertainers is truer to the reality.

3 Likes

Well at least my comment made you think about it clearly :grinning: . Look, I know you mean well, but this isn’t the first time this idea came up. It just gets posted at least once per week in various threads.

Another big problem with the suspect idea is that currently you are safe of becoming suspect if your switch is on green. So what happens if you attempt to bump someone with switch to green? Will you slide trough him (how realistic is that?)? Will you become suspect anyway?

Let me just tell you that if there was a possibility that you could make someone suspect with the switch on green, no matter how unrealistic it sounds, you can’t even imagine the amount of effort people will invest to figure out a way to get it done in a consistent way.

I mean we have seen crazier things people managed to do.

Also the damage idea is just plain obvious to abuse. People will do the math and figure out exactly how much ships they need to crack a freighter open this way and no amount of suspect flag will prevent that. I mean they literally sacrifice the ships now to CONCORD, so that would be an absolute upgrade and you could do it cheap everywhere not just in 0.5.

So as you can see I’m totally on board with the idea :wink: . I hope one fine day this gets implemented. I just want to see highsec burn.

1 Like

Yes, even more carebear crap.

2 Likes

And a fan of BattleStar Galactica! : )

1 Like

Hell yeah! It would be amazing! What a gold rush! :smiley:

2 Likes

You might want to stick to a tier 1 hauler until u learn more about the game.

Make sure you get a permit.

2 Likes

Also, bumping is rookie friendly.

Bumping is one example of how even a new player can make a real difference. Even a Venture can successfully bump that big blingy skiff off the ice! With a little more practice, you may still be unable to afford a freighter or orca, but with a little effort you can make sure they notice your name in local. Some will even agree to pay 10 million isk for blue status. I recommend bumping as a career for all new players.

6 Likes

LOLOL, you carebears really must get together and decide whether we’re a big deal or not. :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s not obvious what you think connects your reply to my post.

In case it’s an unreasonable expectation of my knowledge of the organization: I checked the web site, and I noted that to conform to its usage, I should have used “The Code”, meaning the web page full of lies that tricked the OP into thinking he would not be ganked because he was salvaging, not mining.

His “beginner mistake” was naively believing anything the organization CODE or its members say.

BTW it’s ironic to see a member of CODE use the term “Carebear” in a negative sense. Even by EVE’s standards the organization and its members are exceptionally risk-averse and very shy of even combat. The rent-seeking behavior is no worse than e.g. Goons, but at least Goons are combat capable, and would presumably fight effectively against a real enemy.

1 Like

To conform to the usage of the website? :face_with_monocle:

I’m not following you here, man. This happens a lot, I’ve noticed…

Is English your first language? Just curious.

1 Like