Gideon Zendikar for CSM17

I don’t care what you do. I give my feedback on CCP’s official github and forum sections.

Perhaps you should read those forum sections sometime and their github.

Do you even bother reading github issue tracker and the suggestion forum?

You probably don’t even care about Linux gamers or the ESI API either.

This CSM will just be another datapoint in the player decline chart.

CSM this year, no different from last year, or the years before.

Actually you seem to care quite a lot. You post in practically ever candidates thread. If you don’t care please f*ck off and make way for people that do.

Who does. Linux is nonsense. Die Linux.

Get new material. This got old weeks ago.

But you don’t care…… so it makes no difference to you right?

1 Like

This escalated quickly.

Well I’m fed up of the same person sabotaging every candidates CSM thread under the guise of “I don’t care. The CSM sucks”.

It’s disrespectful to every single person that’s putting themselves forward in order to try and do a bit of good in game and out. The candidates themselves are stuck having to be polite because they are campaigning and don’t want to lose votes for calling out an idiot.

Saying no more on the subject because I don’t want this hijacked

@Gideon_Zendikar apologies for the rants and good luck with the campaign.

2 Likes

It’s a simple question, do you or do you not check and track what issues are in the Eve github repositories for SSO and ESI and the suggestion subforums?

Do you or do you not take note of Linux gamer issues.

If you do not, then I don’t see why there is any place for a person that doesn’t follow those information sources on the CSM.

It is a VERY relevent issue w.r.t CSM.

To say that github SSO-Issues and ESI-Issues repositories and issue trackers are irrelevent and the suggestion and feedback subforums are irrelevent, then why are you even running for CSM.

Those github issue repositories are a wasteland, CSM doesn’t care, they don’t even look at them or mention the ESI, Linux gamers they treat with distain…

Do I have to provide you with links to those repositories? If you don’t even know where they are then that says all I need to know.

You should have a link to the topics of relevency from the suggestion forum and the ticket numbers of issues to raise from the github trackers. What is your role on the CSM? To advocate for the gamer, yet you don’t even bother with the sources we put out of information.

Why do we bother opening tickets on the github trackers and subforum for suggestions if the CSM don’t even bother.

All the CSM care about along with their fanbase, is null this null that. Brag about how they got the bigblock vote numbers and so forth.

I suggest you go play the game and not use SSO and ESI based tools if you don’t even bother with the issues. First thing you reach for is one of those tools I bet.

To save you some time, here is the links

SSO-Issues Issues · ccpgames/sso-issues · GitHub

ESI-Issues Issues · esi/esi-issues · GitHub

Features and ideas subforum Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

Next time you play the game, write down which tools you use and how often, then try not using them. Good luck.

Maybe we need an ESI blackout sometime.

1 Like

Tbf most of the adressed issues on GitHub are from older players - not many pilots just starting the game will push tickets on GitHub and I highly doubt the average player will make their concerns heard on GitHub. I am an IT student and could work with GitHub and similar sources and I personally do not think there is anything wrong with Linux for coding but Linux and gaming has been a shallow border topic for any game developer out there for multiple reasons:
If you got any issues with one distripution you do not know if it is cause of fault of your own or some side effects of used packages of the user (and there is a lot that can go wrong here as you should know). So it is an unrealistic ideal that Linux will be supported in a way that it will work without any problems on the user side - esp when considering the massive ammount of developer time that would be needed to achieve that goal for a small number of players. The market share is just not there - many bigger studios tried supporting Linux (look up the available games for Linux on Steam) and many stopped after a certain ammount time as the returns are just not there - why do you assume the calculus is different for CCP?. Accept reality.

On the other hand I do and used to engage with a lot of new players leading (FCing and other orga work) some of the fastest growing Alliances at that time (T.R.U had 2000+ members during the provi war from not existing at all). Evictus was a newbro friendly Alliance while I fced there (went from 1k members to 3k until it finally died this year) and Spectre Fleet npsi is the defenition of newbro friendly. Issues concerning these new players are by far more important than a potential non existtent Linux user baser that does not have a seperate gaming machine with another OS.

ESI issues are a double edged sword - whenever you were part of any bigger coalition that had the IT people that would put in the effort you had good tools at your finger tips - once leaving to a smaller entity some of these were not available to you. So the better ESI etc are the more it facilitates a support for exclusive access to your own peers and the bigger the gap between smaller and bigger entitiys. A good example for that would be the Jump Bridge Route calculaters that started poping up before it was implemented into the game itself. Legacy had access to tools that managed that Provibloc did not. Is this a good thing for the game? Debateable.

On another Hand you make it sound like the only Issues that matter are only to be found on GitHub - and that is just not true as laid out before: Many of the esp. newer pilots do not go to GitHub to complain - They complain on TeamSpeak/Discord or other normal ways of communication and I am convinced the majority of players do complain in these ways and a small minority would acutally try to get an issue resovled through GitHub etc. Touch Grass seriously.

1 Like

All good mate - One has to learn how to deal with people that are too deep into their advocacy to see how far removed they are from the average User/Consumer/Person/Voter

Of course it’s not the only issue, but, as per my suggestion (or challenge as it is in a way), play the game without using tools consuming ESI (and SSO), you probably will find yourself reaching for a tool out of habbit, like reaching for a manual stick in an automatic car, out of habbit if you’re use to manual, same if you drive on the right side if you’re used to the left side, again out of habbit.

I fully support an ESI blackout as a form of “API appreciation day”.

Funny how I get lots of CSM vote spam ingame, yet they never contact me after to ask for my issues/feedback.

I do not deny the importance that some of the 3rd party tools have on the average player (Zkill, Dotlan, evepraisal). Some of these tools are arguably too powerful and people including myself have advocated for a delay in the ESI for that very reason. So am I aware of every issue concerning ESI no - do I value the effort some devs put in in their free time yes. Is it the major issue the game currently has: HELL NO. Again touch grass:

You wanna know why nobody responds to your messages and asks for personal input? Because you are very aggressive and hostile in your approach - I have no connection (at least as far as I know) with the former commentators calling you out and I agree with their assesment and even Brisc who I have spoken to once? (Hello Brisc btw) have a like to the commentator calling you out. So my question back to you: Has such a hostile approach ever worked for you?

The CSM and their vote block will constantly spam local chat, my evemail, to try to get my vote, but after the election I never hear a pip out of those people following up to ask “how’s it going, things ok? Any feedback or issues?”

I don’t expect you to respond to my issues. I don’t contact the CSM ingame, they and their flock spam me. Good luck with the vote, no CSM member will get my vote, and unfortunately there is no “none of the above” option.

It’s a game, we’re customers, not your flock.

Don’t worry, you don’t need my vote, I am sure your “flock” block has plenty to give you.

Still not sure why your flock will attempt to contact me in local and evemail constantly. You’re the ones harassing me. It’s the same every year, harassment ingame from CSM flocks, spamming, hounding, for a vote.

Let me know if you get any solicitations for me - you shouldn’t.

1 Like

Currently booking CSM 17 interviews on behalf of Ashterothi. Sent Eve Mail with details. Let us know if you’re available this weekend.

1 Like

Thx for this amazing interview - really like your approach and most of all I really value your effort and time <3

Gideon for CSM!

1 Like

Gideon is one of the best players I’ve ever flown with and I am happy that he is running for CSM. He has the experience and temperament needed to stand up for new players and smaller communities and to be able to hand practical solutions to CCP about improvements to the game. I wholeheartedly endorse his candidacy.

2 Likes

I think this is well worth giving a listen to for anyone unsure if they want to add Gideon on his ballot.

1 Like

As someone who routinely used to bait and kill pvpers using procurer and athanor combo, I can attest to structure ECM being overpowered against solo roamers and micro gangs, and frustrating if you find yourself on the receiving end. I refused to use it until CCP forced me to do so, by nerfing combat procurer into the ground.
As it is, just about every battlecruiser and below can put itself in procurer’s scram range and then moonwalk out anytime it wants. The only counter is to put MWD on the procurer, and then pray your target has neither web nor scram - or jam it.
If you want to get decent fights in moon belt, by all means take away the structure ECM, but give procurers and skiffs ability to move!

1 Like

O_o 2 mids wtf. Could just go skiff? Man that thing has a speed of a carrier and the fitting of a frig wtf cant even put a med neut.

I enjoyed very much being your enemy in Providence when i was in CVA , running after you and your friends Quicky and Zhags . i did not get bored :smiley: :smiley:. Now i am in TRC but i play less than before due to personal life
You will have my vote and i hope you will come to annoy me in Provi soon :smile: :smile:

1 Like