Gila Botting is Out of Hand

Is yours the bots’ official position or are you speaking personally?

1 Like

are you attempting to slander me now with another false accusation of botting?

there is no botting going on just upset false reports. period, the end.

My apologies. I didn’t realize you were just making a joke.
I’ll be serious, then, since there’s no fun in making fun of someone who is already making fun of themselves.

The rats are “bots” that are programmed to destroy capsuleer ships. ∴ There is “botting”. ∴ You are incorrect.
I suggest you step back from the conversation and reassess your information and conclusions.

1 Like

Please keep the discussion on the topic.

1 Like

Let Us ust accept the bots. CCP should just regulate it and active players can farm it. CCP knows who owns this bots- The Leaders of big alliances are the biggest boters. Let’s stop playing innocent.

2 Likes

ALL faction and pirate ships should be Omega.
As should all faction, deadspace and officer modules.

It’s obvious.
But CCP don’t care.

Then there would be even more pay-to-win accusations against the game.

i remember years and years ago, like 2006 ish in runescape farming bots at green dragons in the wilderness using just cheap stuff cause theyre bots what are they going to do? Suddenly out of nowhere comes some high lvl account in seriously expensive gear who kills me specifically.

Bots still using the same tools it seems lol

Bottters love ships like that.

Bubble everything!
Lots and lots of bubbles!

They disabled the discourse bot :frowning:

1 Like

Ok…
What the hell is going on here? I was going to try to figure out how to make botters useful to real players and… Ummm…
Then lilsteel started happening over and over…

What the hell am I reading?
Holy crap that was distracting, I need to stop doing this at four in the morning.
Ferfuksake

So anyway, it seems to me that if bots are able to detect someone arriving in a system and warp off, either to a safe spot or a station to tether or log off this makes them predictable.
It also means that you now know where they are, right?
If it were me finding them and I had more resources I would conduct a test by bubbling all of the ratting sites, and the approaches from them to tether-able stations and then leave the system for a bit to see if they pop back out and get bubbled. It seems me that if you leave the system and come back in say one minute and there’s no Gilas on Dscan, you could just leave again and come back in say three minutes, if there’s still none try five and so on untill you know how long they are set up for.
Does this make sense?
Would it not be profitable to kill these things and take all their stuff, and wouldn’t being able to predict what they are doing make it easier to report them if you wanted to? Personalty if I could predict what a large fleet of Gilas was going to do I might (if I was feeling greedy) just start harvesting them instead of reporting them. Sorry CCP, but you wanted greed and violence, this is a good example of both.

What aggravates me though is that if this is that predictable how is it so hard to catch them? People have made AI’s that beat humans at chess, some game I’ve never seen called Star Craft, and most interesting to me the game of Go. If that can be done (and it has) I see no reason why the same tech couldn’t be used to catch bots. Or at least flag suspected ones for some human observation.

Am I missing something here? Why can people arrive in a system and know that what they see happen was controld by bots and CCP can’t do the same thing? If a person can see it in a few seconds of minutes, why is it so hard to catch them and do something about it?
Honestly it strikes me that if players can program bots to evade CCP (and apparently they are) then someone else ought to be able to do the same in reverse, meaning detect and hunt the bots themselves.

AlphaEve would be a hell of a thing, but it doesn’t have to be used for cheating, it could be used to stop cheating. Nor does it have to use Alpha, if people can write bots, people can also write anti-bot bots… And this will lead to anti-bot bot hunting bots and so on untill the servers melt I suppose, anyway, screw it, here’s a really neat video on the subject of AlphaGo for those of you who might be curious:

we need a “report as bot” button in the forum .

1 Like

I agree, but there are going to be people pushing that button for everyone and everything. They removed the ability for people to report others for grotesque behavior a while back, I’m not sure why, but my guess is that maybe it was abused.
That’s just a guess though.

You make a mistake in the title.

It’s not about the Gila, it’s about botting. Vexor botting or next ship in the line won’t make it any better.

Stop being so short sighted.

Alpha introduced a bot problem, how to fix it? Idk.

lol. Like there was no bots before alphas …

My fault there, should be more precise.

Alpha introduced a problem were getting banned makes no difference at all.

o7

It largely depends on how long they bot for, but the top 10% are making close to 1B ISK per day. 50% make more than 400 million ISK per day.

2 Likes