Gila for abyssal sites

I’ve recently gotten into abyssal space and quite love it been using a purger passive regen/buffer gila and would like to try and start min/maxing it for tougher sites

[Gila, Gila]
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier

Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Gistum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pithum A-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Just on a quick glance replacing the mwd with corelum will save me some capacitor per cycle.

I mainly run tier 4 firestorm in this and have had 2 close calls in earlier runs-first was against mix of starving/blinding leshaks managed to neut me out before I got in range of missiles and secondly drifter battleship near tracking pylon cut almost all my shield off until I closed the distance after kiting the cruisers and killing them both times I lived but I could as well died.

I currently have 3% SP and SM implants and am planing to change them to 5% I was also looking at genolution set it’s mixed bonuses seem good considering you gain bit of fitting capacitor even shield.
So apart from upgrading the clone and that t2 invul what would be the best next upgrade? Higher shield hp LSEs than faction like abyssals?

I am not confident enough to take the ship in tier 5 sites as it is now with genos and better invul can I do tier5 gamma exotic and electric?

Hi,
you might want to check out my thread “Gila-surviving the leshak spawn” right in this section.

I am afraid to tell you that your Gila will die if you encounter a full neuting spawn of Leshaks, as it happened to me earlier - I had a similar fit to yours, just less bling. A purger Gila does not work in 5’s, you need to get active and throw ISK at it.

I managed to get a working fit for me for T4 which should be able to deal with the neuting Leshak problem - basically a hybrid with shield extenders, one LSE, med shield booster and med cap booster. It provides you with a safety buffer, while you inject cap and rep up between neuting cycles. But it won’t do for 5’s either - you need to invest into a full high grade set of implants and lots of ISK on the fit, there is a guide for 5’s on the forum for that.

In regards to neut leshak spawns, their neuts fall off hard after 50km and are nearly useless at 60km+. Kite kite kite. Let your drones dunk the neuts while you’re safely out of range. It’s a little dicey in firestorms but if you’re careful, they’re actually not too bad.

I’ve encountered a large neut plus damp leshak spawn and it made me reconsider my aproach to to how I engage but not my fit.Said encounter was very close tho I got to 1-2% shield but like I said this was before now I am much more confortable with the spawn and leshak spawn feels easy.

I avoid tier5 firestorm it’s a bad idea given the most npcs have lots of armor you sign your potential death by timer.I run alot of tier 4 firestorm tho and tier 5 gamma electric and exotic

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.