Give me tools to hunt cloaked ships

Why would you want to hunt cloaky ships when there are plenty of other targets available…and probably easier and quicker to find :laughing:

For example, because some players have one-sided interests. They park their alts in many systems and choose their targets without danger. I want to make life difficult for such players by chasing them. They have to play actively. But that would only be an example of what I could do. If it were generally possible there would be many other possibilities.

Like I said, I don’t want them to disappear. I want an active game for both sides.

Yea I lied, but I just couldn’t resist.

Yea everything you are saying is exactly what has been said already in the AFK cloaky mega thread. You wanted to try and spin it differently so you could make a new thread but your arguments are the same.

1 Like

It may be that someone had the same ideas. I don’t know the thread. But in itself, would it be a bad idea to have such opportunities? I want more opportunities for everyone, not less.

I think a tool like that would, for example, damage wh pvp. One of the upsides of a wh is that there is NO LOCAL. So if you are a cloaky hunter you have the benefit of a target not knowing you are there. The downside (and also added thrill imo) is not knowing if there are other cloaky hunters in the wh either. If there was a tool to actively hunt cloakers first then i feel it would ruin the appeal of ‘no local.’ and also cloaky hunting in the first place. I already have a penalty as i have a delay in locking after cloaking.

1 Like

Good point. I’m rarely in the wormholes myself, but as far as I’ve seen, the locals use alts at the entrances everywhere anyway. That’s how they know what ship and numbers is coming in.
At the latest with a fresh ZKill record you know that something is there. My idea can of course still be worked out, so there are no one-sided disadvantages.

This. This is just another pointless whine thread from RMTers and renter trash demanding even more safety for their farming operations. It belongs in the AFK cloaking trash can along with all of the other anti-cloaking nonsense.

1 Like

I’m sorry for you that you don’t need a constructive word besides insults and insinuations. Keep it up.

Yes then you best not speak on things you don’t know. Having spent most of my eve career in wormholes that is clear.

No it can’t. There are one-sided disadvantages all over EVE.

The main takeaway from this thread.

You dislike AFK cloakers. You hate the idea that someone shows up in local but you can’t find them.
You are even more scared of the idea that cloakers would disappear from local. You’d never be able to undock again because who knows what might be out there :open_mouth:

The root problem, that has always been even before cloaking is the instant intel of local. Personally I’ve never understood why it worked the way it did. The way it functions in WH space just makes more sense. You don’t show up until you say something.

Stealth should be stealth. However it isn’t because of the instant intel called local.

2 Likes

It’s ok, I saw the other thread and understood that it makes little sense. Just last words.

You can’t make cynos in wormholes and have limited inputs per ship type. So you can handle/manage more parameters there than anywhere else. Depending on the wormhole, you may not have visitors all the time. So it’s a completely different story.

I do different things, PI, scanning, crabing, somethimes hunting, gatecamping as well. I’m not a nomad. So it should be understandable, if you have certain residents in your system you want to “meet” them.

I just want to help make my home a little cleaner. There are too many bugs lately. :slight_smile:

Please stop, it is just getting embarrassing.

You already can. Due to the wonderful instant intel called local, you know they are there. Now an AFK cloaker is like there for 2 reasons.

1. Just to disrupt. In which case they are truly afk and actually no threat. Ignore them and carry on.

2. Looking for an opportune time to hit an easy target. Bait them, and then stomp them dead.

Yes, OP, please stop. You are in nullsec and you are afraid of the dark. CCP tried to fix your problems by emptying local - people like you screamed and screamed like babies. If you guys cannot accept the obvious solution . . . then what are you asking for? Even if you somehow got rid of cloaking, people would just do the same thing to you with empty clones in corvettes on autopilot. You nullbear isk grinders have to be disrupted, by any means possible.

5 Likes

Actually thinking about it you already have tools for catching cloakers. BAIT SHIP!! And it has been used against me sometimes to great effect… :thinking:

2 Likes

There is nothing constructive to say about these renter trash and RMT botter whine threads.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.