Give us a checkbox to disable annoying popups about proving grounds etc

Why do I have to click this ■■■■■■■■ away on all of my accounts!??
Give us a checkbox to disable this!!! Why isnt there one yet?? I don’t give a damn about ingame events. Annoying af!!

The fact that you deliberately left us no way to disable this ■■■■ tells me that your goal is pissing off paying customers, what a great policy!!!

10 Likes

That’s because you are supposed to be enjoying this instead of anything else. Of course they won’t allow you to disable seeing the most amazing and awesome thing they added ever.

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Aurora

I don’t know who to bug about this, so I’m bugging you. It would be nice to disable event popups. I’m not sure why you gave us the option to disable the daily login rewards and the agency, but didn’t do the same for event popups. Naturally, closing a popup is a mild annoyance, but it’s still annoying, and I have to imagine that it’s an easy fix. And it would certainly make all the people with multiple accounts happy.

Also, are they all that effective at increasing engagement anyway? I mean, you have to be pretty disconnected from the community, Eve news sources, and ignore the ads in the launcher to not know that an event is going on. I don’t know, maybe it might be a good thing for newbros or filthy casuals :stuck_out_tongue:. But for your more dedicated fanbase, it’s just an annoying popup telling you something you already know.

2 Likes

or who isn’t interested in arena pvp at all, which is not something that I started playing eve about.
Never participated, never will, but still have to click these idiotic info boxes away.
Keep that for eve echoes or smth.

2 Likes

bump…

1 Like

bump

1 Like

Eve needs third party ad and popup blockers. It also needs serious spam blockers.
At this rate it will need tracking and malware blockers soon.

1 Like

bump

1 Like

bump

1 Like

bump

You guys are so needy. It’s literally a click. And it only happens once per account.

I’m sure this is effecting your multibox krabbing efficiency or whatever, but seriously take a minute to think about how this just doesn’t matter at all.

1 Like

now, don’t come in here using logic… multiboxxers don’t like logic.

It’s one click more than I should need. They already have the launcher to advertise this crap.

1 Like

its a click, per account… x times a month. Thats not even a question, the question is why do I have to do that 1 click, with no way to disable such kind of cr*p altogether.

THIS IS PRIMARILY A USABILITY AND ANNOYANCE ISSUE

bump

how is ccp to know who is interested in it, and who is just being a whiny a hole about having to click a mouse button one more time than normal…

I’m not asking them to know it. just for a way to opt out of it for all who aren’t. You know… choice to not see what I don’t want to see.

It’s not about what you want to see. It’s about what ccp wants you to see.

1 Like

yeah fck CCP, I unsubbed all my accounts anyway for now. They killed industry with the idiotic relisting fees, now upped taxes to ridiculous levels, they killed most pvp I enjoyed… they’re even screwing pve… fck this game there is nothing left in it that gives me joy doing anymore.

Can I have your stuff? Or at least remaining liquid isk? I’m not ready to give up yet.

The poor mans AT, instanced PVP where who you know is far more important than your PVP skills.