Please stop this login popup nonsense

This stuff belongs on the launcher. Not as a popup that gets in my way when I may be logging into space instead of a station or citadel.
I could even understand if it was a notification, so long as its not in my face right when I might be trying to get off grid/cloak/etc.

11 Likes

Once they took away Alliance ads and put in ads for the NES this was only a matter of time.

My daughter once dated a marketing guy, he was pretty, but man he was stupid too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This pop-up prevented my second account from loading for several minutes. It was fine for the first one, which had the character docked, but not on the second one, which was outside.

To CCPs defense, though, must I say that putting it on the launcher only leads to it being ignored by most people. The only way to raise awareness about something is to literally shove it into everyones faces without any way of avoiding or ignoring it.

Of course, there will always be those who even ignore such a pop up, but the point of the exercise is to minimize the amount of people doing so. Convinience is of no concern when it comes to this, otherwise they’d not be doing it this way.

A marketing guy who’s not smart enough to sell himself above his value is quite hilarious. :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t think “selling” is an issue for most marketing people. The problem is when “quality” and “specifics” come up. :wink:

3 Likes

Ah, you’re in marketing? :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed, these pop ups need to be removed.

This is why god invented the baseball bat (in-game).

1 Like

Accounting, actually.

Marketing doesn’t like it when we audit their shenanigans. Heads tend to roll. :wink:

2 Likes

Please.
Stop.
I logged in today, wasn’t docked. In logoff trap. stupid box takes too long to get out of way, didn’t move fast enough, and target got away.

Thanks… < sarcasm

1 Like

HOW ELSE WOULD PEOPLE KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON?
HOW ELSE?

THEY WOULD NEVER KNOW!
THEY NEED IT SHOVED INTO THEIR FACES!

THEY’D BE LOST WITHOUT!
LOST! YOU HEAR ME!
CAN’T HAVE THAT!

1 Like

I for one love the pop-up windows. I desperately need to know how many NPCs I have to kill to get bonus skill points so I can immediately apply all of those skill points to Sarcasm.

:roll_eyes:

(They really need to be made far less obstructive in nature, or moved to the launcher.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.