[GMVA] Declaration of the Villore Accords on the Triglavian Crisis

Julianus Soter, Executor of the Villore Accords, has made the following declaration to the Citizens of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime, as originally presented here.

Citizens of the Federated Union of Gallente Prime,

The findings from the latest Capsuleer summit regarding the events in Abyssal Deadspace have unveiled incredible sights of a capital-ship sized construct being assembled by the Triglavians.

We are now on the razor’s edge of a catastrophic scenario.

The Triglavian Collective does not invest resources without need. They are constructing what we believe to be carrier or dreadnought-class vessels to wage war.

Their primary targets, as broadcasted by the messages on our hacked billboards, are the Sansha, the Drifters, and the Rogue Drones. Capsuleers may also be recruited, manipulated, or conscripted into this cause.

Humanity as a whole, including those that are not capsuleers, will be impacted by any conflict, as the territorial integrity of the Federation may be breached by whatever military deployments the Collective will unleash in their uncaring objectives. Collateral damage is guaranteed. The drone-infested regions of Algintal, for example, are an area of extreme concern given recent messages about the Rogue Drone populations in New Eden. We call upon Creo Dron to amplify all surveillance and reconnaissance missions in this and other infested regions.

We are witnessing the dawn of a completely new age. And where are our leaders? Where is the Senate? Where is the President? Where is the éminence grise, Mentas Blaque? Where are the vainglorious Black Eagles?

Are we to politely wait for our doom? Shall we sit casually as the universe shifts beneath us and makes the Federation an object of curiosity in some history book?

CONCORD has prohibited all information sharing to the public about this situation. If the Inner Council has been informed, that information has also not left the confines of that chamber, or their respective Empire leaders. The Federation President, whose sole mandate is to serve the interests and will of the People of the Federation, has not made comment on this issue. And yet, we wait, and watch, as more and more horrors emerge from beneath our feet in the deep abyssal deadspaces below New Eden.

There is no visible sign of any mobilization of our population, our society, or our armed forces to face this possible threat. We have not gotten off the couch to even voice an opinion about the continued survival of the human race. All we receive are petty insults and pathetic lies from the CONCORD representatives involved.

CONCORD was once before compromised by the Sansha’s Nation. I personally participated in eliminating that threat, Sutola Endoma. It was later discovered she was utilizing Sansha’s Nation Slave implant hardware and coordinating with the Sansha incursions. Shortly thereafter, she was reincarnated as a True Slave of Kuvakei. CONCORD is not infallible.

Information is the lifeblood of democracy. We must hold our leaders accountable through all necessary means to protect our democracy from those that would manipulate it through disinformation and obfuscation. The voices of the People should reverberate through every hall and chamber of power, through every citadel and every dark dungeon.

Every moment that we stay silent, we surrender our rights and abilities to make sovereign decisions in our democracy, and hand that power over to those that control the truth. CONCORD must declassify the information about the Triglavians and the Drifters, who we theorize are both Jovian Second Empire remnants, and enable the People of the Gallente Federation to make informed decisions about our current course of action.

The People should not be afraid of their Government. The Government should be afraid of the People.

Julianus Soter

Executor, Villore Accords

Gallente Militia

The Villore Accords military apparatus has been moved to Condition Two.

Please provide all questions and comments below and they will be processed by our public affairs officials.

Regards,

Althea Ekran
Secretarian of the Villore Accords

2 Likes

That MUST happen.

1 Like

What makes the Triglavians, in your analysis, so much more of a threat that justifies increased mobilisation, when there has been no major mobilisation to counter the Drifter menace, or police the Nation incursions ?

2 Likes

In fact, the Federation government and military made comment and mobilized defense forces in response to both the Drifters and Sansha’s Nation incursions.

Gallente military:
A pigeon flies by. MOBILIZE!!!
Caldari fleet liberating Caldari Prime. RUN AWAY!!!

Did they ? Hmm. I can’t say I noticed any difference when travelling in the Federation.

Nobody noticed the mobilization for Operation Highlander until it happened either. No doubt there are secure Federation Navy deadspace facilities that you and I are unaware of. At any rate, comments by the government and references to defensive mobilization were published in news articles at the time of both events.

Hmm. Fair enough. I have another question.

General Soter raises the issue of devastation of Federal space due to Triglavian combat operations. What evidence is there that the Triglavians wish to conduct such operations, as opposed to simply secure their own space ?

Has there been any evidence, other than the sole captured ship piloted by Oveg Drust, of Triglavian forces entering New Eden space ?

Given the apparent confidentiality of all official CONCORD information about the Triglavians, what are the facts that are being used to support the idea that Federal space is in danger of devastation ?

The governments and corrupt capsuleer organizations are afraid of the people, that is why the people are afraid of and fed up with their leaders. :wink:

I’m striving to be as polite as your inquiry seems at first glance, but to be frank I think your questions demonstrate either a lack of reading comprehension and critical thinking applied to the subject, or thinly veiled concern trolling.

Successful military strategists don’t confine their threat analysis to merely divining the unknown “wishes” of an entity. They consider raw capabilities, as well as motivations. It should be obvious to anyone that conflict between the Triglavians and their enemies are a potential threat to Federation security.

CONCORD’s classification of relevant information and failure to adequately defend or neutralize recent security breaches only increases the need for the Federation to demand greater transparency.

1 Like

This comes across to me slightly as concerned warmongering. There is still a lot we do not understand about the Triglavian Collective. While their recent attempt at communication was, if the statistics of capsuleer treks into abyssal space have anything to prove - it is that, should the Collective prove to be a detrimental threat to the Federation, they will be one that can be crushed.

In my own interpretation of the recent billboard communication, it would seem that the people of New Eden have nothing to really fear. How can an alien civilization who declares Sansha’s Nation, the Drifters, and rogue drones as enemies be detrimental to the people of the Federation and cluster at-large?

Still, I eagerly look towards Villore to see if the Senate will quit bickering on topics such as banning death penalties at the Federal level and instead focus their energy on larger concerns.

Well, the Triglavian communication mentioned their space being invaded, and that they are going to destroy the intruders - the Drifters (ancient enemy) and the Sansha’s Nation forces (due to some unspecified disagreement), and the Rogue Drone intruders must conform or also be destroyed.
But they make no mention of extending that conflict outside the Triglavian realms.
The Triglavians communication also appeared to be seeking assistance to destroy the intruders. Which does not suggest they are doing all that well in their wars. They used the word “prayer”, after all. Which usually suggests somewhat of a desperate situation, no ?

And given that the Federation Navy is already actively hostile to Drifter, Nation, and Rogue Drone forces, then… I’m really not getting how Federation space is at any more risk of devastation, compared to the routine devastation caused by the Drifters, Nation incursions, and Rogue Drone outbreaks.

It’s typical for Gallente to panicking at inexistent threats.

How is it warmongering to call for our government to to take notice of this issue?

Are you really so naive that you think all out war between the Triglavians and their enemies could never possibly spill over to threaten us? That our government should make no preparations whatsoever, and offer no guidance to the people of the Federation?

If you want to bury your head in the sand, by all means do so. GMVA’s position is that the leaders of the Gallente Federation should not join you.

We believe that a democracy must keep its populace well informed about the issues that concern its government, and a government that is not concerned about important issues should be subject to public criticism by the people.

1 Like

Apologies, I believe fearmongering was the correct term. Engendering fear is something that Soter has quite the track record of. The Federation leadership, as well as the leaders across the other nations and Concord, should speak more on the subject of the Triglavian Collective. But blowing up the proportions of the ongoing incident serves no good to no one.

Could you keep your wretched democracy INSIDE your borders and not spread this filth, trying to infect healthy nations with such unhealthy concept?..

Please, tell me more about this history. Were General Soter’s past activities part of your required reading at the Federal Navy Academy or something?

Soter has been accused of a great many things by ideologically or personally motivated detractors in the past. Was he “fearmongering” when he helped uncover the Sansha infiltrator in CONCORD referenced in the post above? Or was it when he blew the whistle that the FIO was planning to massacre our Minmatar allies at Coliele?

I’ve flown with Julianus for nearly a decade now, and seen him repeatedly proven right about the threats we’ve fought together. Perhaps someone barely a few months out of their cadet greens could stand to learn a thing or two from his “history.”

This was something I was dwelling on while in Malpais earlier.

Prayers aren’t just exclusive to desperate situations, and with the construction of this… “defensive structure” it appears to be reaching the most interesting part. It would be foolish not to have some measure of defense just to avoid getting caught in the crossfire.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.