Golden ammo

Munches popcorn

:popcorn:

For real uh… buying damage boosters that last for 2 days is a crazy thing! I am happy I get 1hr out of my pyro boosters!

The thing I find most disturbing about this is the fact that there’s no log-in or in-game event happening for Amarr Foundation Day…

2 Likes

Could this have anything to do with how they treated *Minmatar citizens at all?

There is always something happening isn’t there…

I haven’t really had time to play in the last month or so, and with this happening, I see no reason to use what little free time I have right now playing EvE.

1 Like

With any luck, the csm will get this removed

There is a proving grounds now in Eve Online, so is this booster allowed to be active in that?

Wasn’t it cancelled or something? I had a break when it happened, but last 2 weeks there was no arena at weekend as it used to be.

And I think that when the proving grounds was a thing that boosters were disallowed. I know this for a fact, but it is possible that there were different rules for different fights and maybe some o f the cruiser or bc fights allowed it.

Oh yeah the Assembly Hall thread back in April

CCP might. There are 84 replies at official forums and 379 reples (and 523 likes) at reddit. No wonder CCP is giving reddit more weight when it comes to players feedback.

Well just gone over that reddit thread in question and the summary points to the future with what else is in store for us to buy.

I on the other hand only seek one item which is a frozen corpse of a particular pilot.

1 Like

In its current form this booster really should go. If it can be acquired through other means, whether that is plex in the store, through drops, or traded on the market, then that would be acceptable.

I am struggling to understand why CCP would work so hard to try and build back some trust and credibility with the player base, only to then utterly destroy it with this pack, knowing it would cause this kind of reaction. :confused:

1 Like

I really, really don’t understand the difference between the state when this booster is tradeable between players and when it is “soul-bound”. It is P2W either way no matter how you sugar-coat it.

But I guess because majority of the players can’t see it that way, we are where we are.

2 Likes

The biggest update ever… as promised 1 year ago.

I think there is a lot of grey in the black and white here that warrants a wider discussion.

What I am struggling with, is why CCP would even go near this firewall and run the risk of alienating (even more of) the player base, considering the general sentiments towards these things that seems to exist in the player community.

I obviously don’t know how the RL market analysis for this looks like, though I am wondering whether a single person currently not spending RL money on the game, by paying for Omega and/or items from the store, is looking at this (or similar) packs and thinking…“yep, that’s the item that convinces (!) me to buy it and get into the game…the PLEX, SPs, apparel and SKINs in it are fine but not doing it on their, but this booster drives it over the top for me.”.

All those already playing are the target group and couldn’t be “convinced” to buy a pack with something else that’s usually already available to them in these packs?

How would including, let’s say 500 more PLEX not achieve something similar, allowing players turning the PLEX into ISK and buying things of the market of similar/equal value while not having this discussion start all over again every single time?

500 PLEX, just as an example, would let you end up with ~2.5 billion ISK which gets you 40+ Pyrolancea Dose IV (all based on current market prices) or equivalents. If you keep chugging those that’s 20 hours (base time) worth of boosters and yes, it has somewhat of a different profile. That obviously not the same item/bonus but as an example. And, what would stop the game developers to introduce a similar item than the pack booster into the game, with having BPs become available, etc. while cutting down the run time of them as well to the 30 mins base time or some such?

It wouldn’t leave the in-game economy intact and wouldn’t avoid this discussion springing up over and over again?

The only thing that would make it somewhat acceptable is the “drops”. Even that is a very bad idea because it still removes potential from drug production activities in the game and thus removes characters from space (while there are no events running that drop these boosters).

Getting it for PLEX is no different than getting it for RL cash (why would you even think that it would be different? PLEX is literally the RL cash equivalent EVE currency). Being able to trade it on the market does not help the destructive impact of this or similar products at all, because it does not change the fact that you remove ingame activities with these products. As described above, being able to trade such items on the market makes these items even worse.

There is absolutely no logical or rational way to paint these boosters in any positive way unless you are gray matter devoid corporate greed goblin.

InB4

:thinking:

:psyccp:

1 Like

If it is tradable then anyone can take advantage of the booster. If it isn’t then it is locked in to only those that can afford to part with the £60 it costs.

I wish that the booster wasn’t even a thing, but here we are. If it is available for plex, then there are ways that people can acquire that in game without having to part with their RL money. At least that way you make it so that everyone can potentially have access to it, rather than just the wealthiest amongst us.

Again, I am trying to put lipstick on a pig here. The best solution is to remove it from the game.

2 Likes

Yeah your definition of p2w is very tight. It doesn’t matter whether you can buy it with ingame money or not, the origin matters. And the origin of this booster is only from paying by cash. P2W mechanic doesn’t suddenly become any less p2w if the players are allowed to give it to someone else.

It is the same as if someone else bought if from NES for you - and then you didn’t have to pay for it yourself - then in your eyes that is not p2w right? Do you see it now? Well I doubt… But actually accepting that this new booster is p2w is a start. There are still those who doesn’t accept it even now lol.

That being said. I am not saying that EVE is a ■■■■ game because it is pay to win. Game can be pay to win and still be balanced, fun to play and whatever. EVE is such a game. No need to feel ashamed for playing it and bending the definitions of pay to win to rationalize you are playing it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Made my first ever post to let you know Golden Ammo is a lazy and trash design decision.

Have a good day!

2 Likes