[Good Samaritan] Saving up for my first Super, FAX, & Titan through elite pvp (UP TO 110b!)

Your names dr skill injector, why not just inject an alt like everyone else does lol…

It appears that CCP is a fan of my work and have decided to add in wagers to duels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/74r8a0/wagers_on_duels/?st=J8H2MS11&sh=fbebd028

The Dark Lord is pleased. His will be done.

4 Likes

Oh lawd
This should be good

Sounds crazy I know, given that the Freighter Pilot has money and size on his side, possibly the backing of IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN A NULL SEC ALLIANCE, but my ISKies are on the pesky little guy in the Fleet Typhoon.

1 Like

Ransoming and milking a target for all he has really is a ton of fun. When you get them cornered, feeling desperate and helpless is the best time to finish them off.

This works best when the target has something of great value to lose, and when you’ve got a target that fits that bill you can get all sorts of stuff :slight_smile:

Try it today!

4 Likes

Hey Faylee . . . apologies for my ignorance, I’m fairly new, but I am missing a piece (probably a bit more than a piece - lol) of the puzzle. I get most of the grift . . the “I’m here to help by webbing you to safety” part . . . but what is the Roper (‘bumper’) doing? He must have the target webbed and makes the threat. Then, if in high sec . . . why doesn’t the target just do nothing? How can he be killed in high sec without CONCORD showing up? Is it a wardec thing? Again, I am probably way out in front of my skies and certainly way off from the SP or experience to actually DO any of this . . . but have read the posts until my eyes are getting sore - so sorry if it was already in there somewhere. Super interesting stuff - from both sides, the grift and the counter (as there is usually a counter to everything in EVE). Not looking for the magician to disclose any secrets - but it doesn’t appear that is your intentions anyway. Thanks for the read and advice - I appreciate it.

He’s bumping the freighter with 1 character, then baits the target to duel him saying he’ll web him with the another. But instead of webbing him, he flies off once the duel is accepted and brings back a combat ship and engages him in Elite PvP.

Ransoming and milking a target for all he has really is a ton of fun. When you get them cornered, feeling desperate and helpless is the best time to finish them off.

This works best when the target has something of great value to lose, and when you’ve got a target that fits that bill you can get all sorts of stuff :slight_smile:

Try it today!

@Faylee_Freir

One question, how long on average do you usually spend waiting for a good price to come through and take the bite ?

It just depends really. There are a few deciding factors that occur that determine if I’m successful or not, but it really is just a lot of bumping. I’ve logged on many times and gotten a duel within the first 5 minutes. I’ve played other times and gotten back to back duels. Then theres a dry spell that I’ve fallen into lately that can be directly attributed to me not putting in the time to bump like I should.

The more you bump, the better chances you have. If you are bad at the talking part, then your bumping will be pointless. So just because you don’t get a duel doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have dueled if you did something better or differently.

This isn’t just some cheap trick that only idiots and noobs fall for as some of the ones I’ve killed have been nullbloc FC alts for example. Those people that lead fleets in “elite” pvp are dying in an even higher form of “ELITE PVP”.

In short, it just depends man. If you do it for a few hours and get discouraged then it’s not going to be for you. I remember combat probing and trying to suspect bait mission runners… Sometimes I’d spend days not getting a bite, and I would try for like 6 hours a day, every single day. You put the time in and you get results.

Hey Faylee . . . apologies for my ignorance, I’m fairly new, but I am missing a piece (probably a bit more than a piece - lol) of the puzzle. I get most of the grift . . the “I’m here to help by webbing you to safety” part . . . but what is the Roper (‘bumper’) doing? He must have the target webbed and makes the threat. Then, if in high sec . . . why doesn’t the target just do nothing? What happens if the target does not accept the ‘help’ and does nothing?

The bumper doesn’t have any kind of point or web on them as that would result in him getting Concorded. All he is doing is making the freighter pilot believe that he’s about to get ganked. Then the webber comes in to “save” the day.

If they don’t fall for it in a reasonable amount of time, I just let them go.

1 Like

So then the guy could just go leave the game on and go eat a sandwich or go bone his wife/husband ? :wink:

Heh it would be funny to know how many actually do let the thing run off and how many desperately cling to it.

It’s like those people you’d see rushing for their belongings in a planecrash, just on the off-chance that …

this is why i pay to have my stuff moved for me on contract

I also pay for others to move my stuff around, but that’s because I can think of plenty of other things to waste my time doing. Watching cat videos is one.

If you have basic brain function you absolutely can move freighters and haulers around safely.

@Faylee_Freir

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcjR93Jin4Y

I have failed to deliver on my original goal and purpose of this project. I had taken 3 months away from the game, and honestly never thought I would play again… well you all know how that goes.

I’m back and seek to pickup where I left off. The Dark Lord is severely disappointed in my lack of service, but I hope to gain his approval once again…

6 Likes

shame

As promised… here we go. Nice little video to celebrate passing 100b!

7 Likes

When my grandson stays the night on weekends my wife reads him stories. Up until a few weeks ago that is. Now he has Poppa tell him stories. He loved the one about dre guy and the scamtract so much that he hasn’t requested grandmas reading for quite a while. When he asked the other day if Dr. Dre was still gettin scam I was slightly sad that I couldn’t answer but I let out a hardy laugh that not only did he relate Dre Guy to Dr. Dre but he remembered the scam part. hahahah. Its still funny. I fear the day @Faylee_Freir stops as I will surely run dry of material to tell lil chunks. I need to keep this poppa cred strong at least until he is 7. He is currently 4. Keep it commin Fay, Poppa needs you!

2 Likes