Gravitational pull

I actually have a SS at the center of the star in Rens.

Its interesting what happens when you warp to it.

SS? Do you mean a bookmark by any chance? I had a few inside my homesystem star. I cannot warp to them anymore though.
So i made the travel again and parked an unused alt there, in case i want to go there sometime again.

realtime multiplayer kerbal space program with infinite fuel, infinite ammo and infinite power cheatmods on.

nah…

“Physics engines” were all the rage years ago. Not so much now. I remember dabbling with the code.
Maybe when the current speed barrier for CPUs is broken. We can play Eve with Real Physics in the nursing home.

A computer of vintage 2010 could easily handle gravitational calculations on thousands of entities simultaneously. But I’d have to agree with most here in regards to EVE gameplay… why? Gravitational force is so weak, at orbit and beyond, especially compared to the speed and acceleration of afterburners and MWD’s, that it would hardly be noticeable.

However, there’s an old old game from the 1990’s called Star Control that pitted two ships around a planet with greatly exaggerated gravitational effects that was a lot of fun back in the day. The sequel (also sometimes called Ur-Quan Masters) even had a pretty cool and humorous story.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.