Great job CCP! More Triglavian-like content needed

Maybe they should.

Some mission npc’s smack in local.

4 Likes

Heh, more like getting easy kills to pad your Killmail stats.

2 Likes

Ah yes, no thread would be complete without the invaluable input of DMC.

What, no multi-paragraph long blathering, bloviating response?

Not going to carry on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on?

You’ve disappointed everyone.

4 Likes

It’s not like you wallet padding types seek out the most difficult content either. I mean all you ever do is press F1 to shoot red crosses for the last decade or so, not sure if you should tell others they have it too easy.

2 Likes

Sandbox - yes, purely PVP no. No big time. Effort needed to get into PVP in Eve is enormous. World of tanks is a PvP game, Counter strike is a PvP game, but Eve is a universe. And that’s what makes it so special, so beautifull.

That. 150 % true. Risk averse so called pvpiers, who shoot ships, that will not shoot back.

1 Like

todays suicide is not now what been years ago. Today becasue of too much isk`s on some wallets, and because of broken economy, and ■■■■■■ ship balance even ship with no cargo but high value is in risk. People kill it just for fun, becasue full of isk people dont care about isk anymore because of ■■■■■■ to the ground economy. It was not like this in old days. suicide should cost much more and have heavy penalitys not like today, plex should be much cheaper and bount from npc cut in 50%.
then we after some time should see some healthy suicide ganking for good profit, or true revenge, but not because they are just lol boys motivated by explosion who risk notheing but 2 milion ships, killing some t1 and t2 cheaply fitted mining barges of new players. this is ■■■■ not suicide men and damage this game greatly. These types of goals are only acceptable for beginners in this work, but some people have created their religion out of it.

1 Like

He’s right, those were dark times.

Infinite ice fields full of yield-fit mackinaws, as far as the eye could see. Shudder. Disgusting.

Then James 315 brought the light of the Code to Highsec.

4 Likes

EVE is a PvP game from the core up. It also a sandbox MMORPG, so I don’t know why you compare it with some MOBAs and then tell us they are different. Yes they are, because they are very very different games.

All PvE in EVE is a means to an end and in participating you compete against other players while building your corp, your empire or simply on the market. That is all in a player vs. player context. It is not some simpelton MOBA where you only have time confined matches, but a persistent sandbox where every action can and will influence others.

I’m not sure how some of you can play a game for years you still so fundamentally misunderstand.

3 Likes

I remember those times. Dozens of miners in every field. The place was rammed. EVE subscription numbers had never been higher.

Now years later, what a difference. Aside from a few select systems, most of these locations are now borderline empty. I wonder where most of those players are now? Probably unsubbed.

What a success! Grats Code guy, got what you wanted.

I think most players in CODE. really do care about the health of the game, they’ve just chosen a particularly obnoxious way of showing it.

Personally, my issues with them arise from how some of their members just don’t know when to drop the roleplaying and are apparently more concerned with “salt” than actually teaching people to be alert. Aggravating as the alliance may be, once someone actually took the time to explain the details and reasoning behind their actions (turns out that economics is not, in fact, an easily intuitive field!) I became far more tolerant of them.

Everything I’ve seen and read about them indicates they care more about if their goals are achieved rather than how they’re achieved, which I don’t really see a problem with since their end goal is to keep players alert and not mine AFK. They’d probably love it if CCP added some kind of minigame to mining that we needed to play in order to keep the yields up, because that would make it harder for players to do AFK mining.

Frankly, I think the real problem is that mining is inherently boring and disengages the player from the game. There’s no real fun to be had there unless you’re part of a fleet and can chat with them on comms like E-Uni does for our shared can ops. I think it would be more productive if everyone concentrated on finding ways to make mining more fun and engaging instead of hating on CODE.

3 Likes

Don’t be so naive. I’ve been involved with Code plenty. They care only about ganking and tears. Nothing more than griefers. They couldn’t give a crap about helping the game.

1 Like

I’m not giving up a module slot for a @#$% trig translator…

1 Like

Pot>kettle

2 Likes

Thank you. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ahhh, thanks, this thread wouldn’t be complete without your worthless troll ramblings.

I may misunderstand what ‘v’ stands for in ‘PvP’. Untill now I thought it is a confrontation, ‘versus’. In Eve, through all those years, I found out you play more ‘with’ players, instead of ‘against’. You can form a fleet for an hour to find nothing to shoot at during the next hour and than go to bed. Plenty of environment to fight with, no players to fight against. Sometimes it happens. And all those two hours you play with your team mates, not against. That’s why I call it universe, not a PvP.

Real PvP action takes few percent for most of us, rest is social fun or PvE. If CCP would want this game to be real PvP game, we would see arenas like Abyss bonus room all over the place. Without need to PvE through 3 rooms of NPC to get to it. Without waiting, with 100% chance of fight and fair 1v1 fight, not fight against some maniacs with 3+ accounts pretending to be one skilled 1337 PvPier.

1 Like

PvP is not just ship combat you know. If your fleet roams trough some territory and you interrupt their resource gathering that is already an interaction between players. No one ever said that PvP is limited to actual combat or even 1v1 “fair fights”.

I guess some people just have a very narrow definition they drag over here from some other game where they picked up the term PvP and think they can just apply it to EVE in the same way. That is wrong and you will have a hard time fully understanding the intricacies of EVE PvP if you limit your thinking this way. Words and their meaning are important, they can completely shutdown what you are capable of perceiving, which seems is the case here.

5 Likes

Can you not spot the service to the game they perform under your own description of them? What is the most exciting part of the game for most people, honestly? It is the 1st Rule - don’t undock what you aren’t willing to see blown up. Take away the unapologetic griefer and all you have left (which is recent, btw) is programmed NPC killers like the Traglavian npcs, who apparently only kill AFK miners and other folks who like to randomly float AFK out in hisec.

CODE absolutely performs a service to the game. They are an example of an element that sets EVE apart from all other MMOs in existence. They are a tangible representation of WHY the fear exists in EVE.

I used to hate on griefers. I’ll admit it. But somewhere along the lines, I recognized that without them, I never get that jolt of excitement from jumping into low/null, or why I never fly autopilot, or why I won’t leave the PC without being docked, etc. They are one of the things to fear, and the fear is real.

I’ll never be a griefer. It’s not my bag, but I have come to understand and appreciate their purpose. I pay them the proper respect and don’t go afk, autopilot, etc. If I am doing my due diligence and they get me anyway, good on them because they keep the fear real, up front, in the present. It makes my subscription worthwhile because even simple, boring tasks become more exciting.

The fear…that’s what makes EVE a game worth playing. Without it, the game is every bit of the spreadsheets_in_space clickfest non-players accuse it of being.

4 Likes

I will buy the new Triglavian ships. We are excited to see the new ship types.

1 Like

Can you give me details? A single blanket statement like that doesn’t tell me anything besides your opinion of them.

If they are - as a whole - performing a service to the game, then are they really griefers? I would say no, they aren’t. Then again, CODE. is big enough that trying to put their entire membership under a single label is all but guaranteed to be inaccurate.

1 Like