Green flashes on my screen during fleet flight

Hello there! I was wondering if any of you could help me solve a problem with the game. I started having some sort of green flashes on my screen while flying in fleet. I tried lowering my shaders because I read that it may fix the problem but it didn’t. And I really don’t know what to do or why I started having these flashes. Here are some pictures

My first guess would be that your graphics card is overheating (and you see it while in fleet because your graphics card is having to work even harder to render all the added models and effects).

You can use HWMonitor to see how hot your graphics card is getting and if it’s doing any throttling (dropping it’s clock speed). Use a google search to find your clock speed and max temp.

If you card is indeed overheating, the first thing you should try doing is using some compressed air to blow out your computer. Blow out all the filters, fans, and heatsinks in order to improve airflow through the case and across the fins of your heatsinks. If that still doesn’t work, then it’s likely that your thermal paste has dried out and lost a lot of it’s thermal conductivity. You can find out how to replace that by watching a youtube video.

Hopefully that helps, and if you have any more problems or questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Oh, and if you’re desperate to get things working while you’re waiting for your thermal paste to arrive, you can try turning down all your settings and turning off all effects in eve (and possibly even your graphics card’s control panel).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.