Guardians gala is impossible

I have lost 2 battlecruisers, mainly to constant respawns of warp jamming ships; it may be a new feature, but I have encountered easier L4 missions.

A challenge is ok, bit an almost impossible encounter only alienates the player base

2 Likes

Not all content is for all players, plenty of folk are coping with the Gala fine. Perhaps you could team up with some corpies / other people?

9 Likes

It’s not impossible, but it’s surprisingly rough. I’m an experienced player, and warped-in with a friend in two battleships. We both almost died. We killed the last scrammer just in time for me to warp out with 1% HP remaining on structure.

But that to me isn’t the real issue. We theorycrafted on modifications to fit and tactics, and no doubt we could improve our performance if we tried again. The real issue is that the rewards seem to be sh!t, and the drop rate for whatever good drops seems to be piss-poor. Thus, the event really isn’t worth it to run, in our opinions.

6 Likes

Heh, I didn’t know what it is and thought it is a normal Anomaly in HighSec. Warped in sitting in a Hecate, expecting an easy high sec Anomaly. Yeah, well the Killmail came fast :D.

1 Like

This site has everything. High difficulty, extremely annoying rats, very long completion time and shitty loot.

I know there are few peoples who likes it but for me, these new rats that started all the way back with FOB release, that orbit at high speed out of your guns range, apply all possible ewars - mainly warp disrupt, continuosly targetting your drones, with tank and dps at a level of a max skill player in a one ship class higher with best implants as well, repping each other and re-warping too, they are simply not fun to kill for me.

If not the rats I would be doing the site despite the bad loot high difficulty and long completion time. But the rats are a killer for me.

And most of the players who does the content with these rats are using various exploits anyway so what is the point.

Btw there are 9 Gardian Gala sites in Ondree for 4 days already. Barely any other anomaly can be found there, but nobody is interested in doing these.

4 Likes

So run level 4 missions…

5 Likes

It is better in the WH space.

Bring a drake.

1 Like

I did one event site in High Sec space with my cap stable bling fit T3 Loki Cruiser - active shield tank with 5x AC’s, 2x RLML’s and 5x Light Combat Drones. My Omega Clone is max trained with full set of Crystal High Grade Implants and various Hardwiring Implants to boost damage / defensive stats.

These event sites have multiple waves of NPC’s in mixed fleets doing all types of Ewar. The ‘Risk v Reward’ for these sites is heavily sided for risk, meaning the loot reward is lousy for the large amount of advanced NPC’s encountered in the sites.

In my opinion these sites are not friendly for Drone boats or long range kite fits. The sites are basically advanced content for experienced Capsuleers who pilot top fit ships. Definitely not for new players or Alpha Clones.

6 Likes

I sort of get where you’re coming from. Sort of. The problem is, I see the words but what I read is “I want it easy like the ECs were at first”. Maybe it is and maybe not but it is what I am seeing.

I tried one of the Gala sites. Warped in, got fkd, realised it wasn’t for me, went and did something else. Thing is, rather than thinking “this is too hard I’m going to complain about it” I instead thought “Cool! I have absolutely NO hope of doing this! Man, I can’t wait to get better and have more skills and experience so I will be capable of doing something like this - that’s going to be awesome!!”

See the difference there? It’s why I like EVE - it is sometimes too hard for me. It gives me something to get better for. If I could do it all already I would be bored and leave.

4 Likes

baloney. I’ve soloed it with a flux praxis. OK it cost me all my drones and I (just) broke even on the loot and it took me an hour, but you are talking steaming horse droppings.

3 Likes

I only use battleships in them. There is neut pressure, so you have to not just be cap stable, but over cap stable, or cap stable with Nosferatus that reach out to 18km. You need a lot of tank, since they web you and you have to brawl them. They take like 15-25 minutes in a Bhaalgorn. Web and grapple then shoot them with lasers. Ignore the small ones that come within 6km, unless you get more than 4 on you.

1 Like

That’s where the problem is: you should not plan what you do in eve only for the reward (isks). Sometimes, do it for the challenge, the fun etc
Eve should not be a job to earn isks
I am pretty happy to test new things to do, with some difficulty.

1 Like

The incoming DPS can be quite high. A properly fit battleship can solo these though without much issue. I dont think they are intended to be done by lower t1 ships, though im sure some people have managed in something like a drake or myrm with high regen.

Go for cap batteries and recharters and high thermal / explosive / kinetic resist and dual large t2 reppers. If your shields you will have to have a comparable ehp/s tank with resists. Just keep in mind the neut pressure. The neut pressure is mild and not opressive.

Dark blood Energized Kinetic / Thermal / Explosive membranes are very cheap. I threw in a plate on my ship as well for some breathing room in case odd wave combination or early warp in of the boss.

A single remote repper for your drones. I used a geddon easily and the faction drones were able to be targetted and repped before they died and in conjunction with Rapid heavies I was putting out around 700 dps without damage modules and pure tank on my lows.

I warped in at 100 and dropped my MTU. Warping in at range makes the next waves take 15 seconds or so to get to you. Gives you time to reload etc between waves.

Here is basically my fit. Left out the highs since that is not as relevant to your question of surviving. Fit w/e guns you are able. I used Rapid Heavies with a remote repper for drones.

Mids

Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Lows

Large Armor Repairer II
Large Armor Repairer II
Dark Blood Energized Thermal Membrane
Dark Blood Energized Explosive Membrane
Dark Blood Energized Kinetic Membrane
Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II

Rigs
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump
Large Capacitor Control Circuit
Large Capacitor Control Circuit

Just a reference. Idea can be applied to any ship really. Tank the right resists. Dont run out of cap for your tank. Lots of regen. Target selection helps alot also. Dont panic and go for low dps frigates at the start and let all the big ■■■■ pound your face in. Mitigate some of the dps by killing higher damage ships.

2 Likes

Sadly this content is not created for all players, you definitely need a strong tank because they will scram you and the last boss that spawns hits like a truck. There are a lot guides out there with fits which can do it I would advise looking them up.

1 Like

I failed one in a BS. Lost 12 of my 15 drones to combat and left the other three in space when I was finally able to run away. It was exciting, never saw the loot, and immediately started thinking about a different fit or tactic even though there was no way I’d get another chance to run one again this round.

Those frigates must be dealt with…

3 Likes

To be honest I never had any problems doing those, they are even easier than Emerging Conduits for me.

I do them in the same ship. XL Shield boosting, bastion Golem with fury cruises and 2 painters and grapler and precision script for missile computer. Precision cruises one shoot frigates. 2 salvos to kill cruisers and battlecruisers.

1 Like

I tried a solo fit in one of the VIP spawns in wormhole space on the weekend. Got with half structure. Those neuts are no joke

Highsec sites the praxis can tank them fairly well.

1 Like

I did high sec one in a tanky T3 gila, bit ring twitching at times, they cut down drones fast so stay close and kill off neuts, I did get capped out twice and me invuns went off, but like i said tanky gila.
It also survived a gank attempt by 3 tits who only got me to half shield before concord crapped on them…awww

1 Like

I get that, and yet at the same time it makes no sense for the developers not to consider risk/reward when designing the game, or adding elements to the game. If we don’t care about risk/reward, then make nullsec, lowsec, and wormholes the same as highsec in terms of rewards. Coz, well, to consider reward is to “turn Eve into a job to earn isks.”

1 Like