Harrassement while mining by a random bumper

so tell me who has a plate in front of his head?

its clearly me
goodbye

I really don’t know what you mean by that…

If you’ve suffered a head injury, I can only advise you make your way to the nearest ER as soon as possible.

A Freighter is a capital ship and they where not created for solo use. They are big and slow which makes them vulnerable to certain tactics like bumping. If you want to move stuff solo there are many many other options available that don’t suffer from this drawback.

3 Likes

@Thonys_Visser there are some corps that will help. Find someone who will bump the bumper. You have to be creative. Most of my time is solo, but I do branch out and run with others on sites an or missions.

It is a Dutch expression generally denoting someone who is very stubborn and unwilling to listen to reason. How apt.

Can I have your stuff?

Eve is harsh and most people don’t have what it takes. Bye.

3 Likes

Couldn’t you log off at that spot? Go order a pizza (yum!) :drooling_face:

Then you can just come back after pizza time and pick back up where you left off?
Doubt they would hang out in that spot waiting for you to come back.

Or do I have no idea of exactly how the safe log off thingy works? (That’s a very high probability, as I always log off in a station, or when I get disconnect, ha!)
:thinking:

1 Like

Hmmm… as long as the tackle has not begun what if a person just choose safe logout? Would the bump prevent the logout by preventing that warp?

In Eve you can’t be harassed or made to feel inferior without your consent; consent being the act of playing.

1 Like

No, the way it works is that as long as someone is targeting you (yellow-boxing) you can’t do a save logoff. Naturally. But you can do a normal logoff and your ship will disappear after a few seconds except if you have an aggression timer or get a new one during that time.

But the real question is why are people complaining if they have more time to save the Freighter? I mean the longer the bump goes the more time they have to organize a rescue. If anti-ganking was any good we would not have this discussion in the first place so the blame for the whole infinite bumping thing is really on them.

1 Like

Theres always going be players like these, no matter the game you play.
Sadly they causes a lot of noobe players to abandon games, and thus hurt said games community base.
Ive seen it 100x’s in all sort of games where pvp is allowed.
All i can suggest it not to give up because of this sort of pvper, instead find a corp that will help you grow in the game and ignore the bumpers as they arent worth your time and effect, theres better pvper out there to be concerned about, and that one reason these bumpers target noobes and industry ships.

I think most complains come from the noobe players that get this happening to. Most older players know how to deal with this tactic.

As you can understand most noobes have limited exp with pvp and limited funds. To be honest i normally give them a free pass until they have got their feet wet. You can normally tell a non-noobe by what modules they have mounted, and how they react when you appear.

We target “noobs and industry ships” because 99% of the time they are AFK and off in the living room watching Netflix and rubbing one out to Blanche from The Golden Girls, completely oblivious to their mining barge and/or freighter getting shanked…

Wheres the personal challenge or achivement in that?

Dont you find that boring after a while?

Where’s the personal challenge or achievement of starting a couple of mining lasers and walking away for hours at a time. Don’t you find that boring? See, it goes both ways…

If miners and industry players would be at the keyboard and actually invest some time and skill into the game, they wouldn’t get bumped or ganked anywhere near as often…

True. But what of those noobes that are at the keyboard? The ones that do try to avoid bumping, but dont know how to do it properly?

I do give them a chance at first. If they refuse to acknowledge me or simply don’t see the message I put in local because they are AFK, oh well, that’s on them. Pay attention, tank your barge, orbit the asteroid you are mining at a decent speed, and most of the time no one will bother you. As far as industrials go, don’t autopilot and don’t carry around 30 billion ISK worth of crap at once. Pretty common sense stuff…

I disagree with the whole orbiting the asteroid thing. Better to mine aligned to something so you can warp out quickly. Barges are so slow that orbiting won’t actually do much against a determined bumper with a good sense of spatial awareness who can well aim for the spot you’re going to be in with their bumping ship. If you’re not afk, and you see a bumper go to work where you’re mining, then you can take up an orbit to make his task harder if you so choose. But it’s probably easier to just warp out and go mine somewhere he’s not.

1 Like

Yes, being aligned is also good advice, but again, being aligned doesn’t do a damn bit of good if you are AFK and unaware of what’s coming.

As far as orbiting goes, if you are for example mining ice in a Procurer, fit an MWD on it and orbit at a ridiculous speed. No bumper is going to bother with that…