Hauling and invasions

Alt(s)/Friend(s) to decoy NPCs while you go on your way.

Useful thread as I was wondering about bringing in an orca to mine. Orca’s cannot do MWD/cloak but they can use MWD to spool up in 12(?) secs. It is good to have it confirmed they can still tank a gate in that time but I’m thinking it might be (too) risky during mining?

The thing about scram is a bit more uncertain. Early noise is that the only Trigs that scram are named “anchoring” or similar. At first these were definitely only in foothold systems but may have moved now to periphery systems. That aside, I haven’t seen anything to indicate why they couldn’t appear on a gate. So, if you cant avoid a foothold system, then maybe orca is not a good idea, and a freighter even less so?

The reason mwd saved me in my case, was by flipping mwd on/off to reach velocity threshold to engage insta warp when it cuts off. I might of been able to run from them sure, however my chances in that blimp of a ship…not good. And the web helped too, its been awhile, not sure if you can do that on yourself without getting concorded or suspect.

I’d assumed this was just a few weeks event, is this a permanent feature???

My question is how long do the invasions last in a system? I think that Piak has had an invasion there for the last three days?

Yup.

Well at least as far as we know.

Urghh , FFS, alpha hauling into hubs is hard enuff as it is.

Why? Made we can help with that…

We don’t know. I “assume” it is player related. So, as long as the minor conduits are triggered and then closed by players the invasion eventually stops. However, CCP info is that invasions which are left alone and never attacked will also eventually fade. Whether that is the same time frame (whatever that is) I don’t know. So, it may be possible for invasions to be longer or shorter based on how many players attack them in a given (foothold?) system?

Looks like the only way to win is not to log on

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.