Heavy Missiles With Droneboat for PVE

Any good ideas for a PVE droneboat with heavy missiles? I’ve seen lots of Gila fits with rapid lights, but I’m having trouble finding one with heavies.

What are you trying to do with it?

Run unrated complexes

Any reason why missiles? Or you just like missiles?

VNI does well. You could use a proph too with heavies but it can’t go into 3/10s.

Could also use a gnosis as well.

I just like heavy missiles

The arby can do well and fit missiles.

The belli isn’t a droneboat but does well.

The gila would be king most likely.

[Gila, Unrated Combat Sites]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
EM Shield Amplifier II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Caldari Navy Vespa x2

Just a smidge over CPU but can play around. Something like that would prob do fine.

I myself may start messing around with a munin and see how they do now.

1 Like

Try a prophecy or what ever it’s called it’s an amarrian bc drone boat can use missiles has a good tankable layout for a armour ship

2 Likes

for high sec? Heavies are waste. 95% of your targets will be frigates and destroyers. You gonna waste a lot of DPS with heavies. I’m not saying, don’t use them. Just trying to explain why everyone use rapid lights.

2 Likes

orthrus for faster apply, drake navy / nighthawk for valuable application.

With good skills I think you need one or two precision-scripted GC on NH to have perfect application. This makes the NH have better paper damage, better sustained damage, better applied damage on close range, better tank but worse speed and targeting speed than the orthrus.

Well that doesn’t explain all the low sec Killmails of PVE Gilas that still don’t use heavies. I assume anything PVP has point, has scram, is a tackle, is a command ship or is EWAR. So if I see a Gila in lowsec that has no scram, I assume the guy was either trying to clear out some belt rats, or maybe do what I’m doing and blow up some NPC battlecruisers.

And what would be a reason to use heavy missiles? You seams to have a lot of assumptions and bash down any reply with attitude “I know better”. What is the point of the question then?

Pros and cons of both missile systems are well known. Just use what will work best in your scenario. There is no black magic to it.

Prefect or almost perfect application across the board, very high burst DPS and DPS in general, reasonable range.

Only reason I would use heavies is for extra range at cost of damage. But since gila has mazing tank. You don’t need to use range in majority of ratting scenarios.

I just said I like Heavy missiles. You pointed out in high sec they were too big for frigates. I’m not disagreeing with that, but I had trouble finding a heavy missile fit even in low sec. So I’m like “Ok… can’t use commonly used fits. Let’s ask people what works”

Grab rapid light fit. Change high slots for heavy missiles and you are done. Optionally you can put it into pyfa and drop some tank/mid-slots for application mods. But that doesn’t seams to be your concern so probably it’s better to have more tank.

Bottom line is that heavies are sub optimal. That is only argument in this discussions. But nothing stops you from using stuff you find more fun. In contrary, I strongly advise to go fun route.

1 Like

I just swapped heavies for my usual RML in that fit :smiley:

Your drones should be doing the heavy lifting, rapid lights would make more sense.

cyclone might be a good, cheap choice. it gets a bonus for HMs and shield boosters, ideal for PVE.

something i cooked up for running serpentis sites. you can swap the resistance rigs for whatever you’re fighting.

850 ehp/s tank (almost as good as a tengu)
cap stable with the implant
450 dps with fury missiles and vespas

[Cyclone, serpentis ratter]

Ballistic Control System II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

X-Large Shield Booster II
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

[Empty High slot]
Core Probe Launcher II

Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Kinetic Shield Reinforcer II

Caldari Navy Vespa x5

Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-602
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Management EM-803

The Legion has a subsystem “Assault Optimization” that grants boni to both missiles and drones. You can easily create a fit with HeavyMissiles + Medium drones.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.