Hecate and Jackdaw

Has anyone got some good fits for these two ships? I noticed that the both have 1 less slot than the confessor and svipul (historically the dominant T3Ds) and the hecate has been widely considered the worst of the lot, with the jackdaw now considered among some as the best over all.

I’m not going to get in to a massive tangent about the fittings on the two ships or whatever, just looking for a direction to drive in because I consider both of the ships to be a bit gimped particularly on the speed front.

They have each their place, with their weapon systems largely leading how they are used. Hecate continues to have the highest DPS. Jackdaw the safest and more fool proof long range viability. Svipul’s and Confessors continue to have great defense options, solo utility, and survivability. All except the Hecate have some kind of sig reduction on defensive mode. Lasers and missiles will always have nicer sniping options, with arty having the only 33%, half of the others - but falloff on projectiles somewhat brings them into balance.

Boy, you should have seen the Svip on day one! What a monster.

I love the Hecate. It’s my favorite T3D. It has the capability of killing Cruisers if you learn to fly it correctly:

[Hecate, Azazel Drakonis’s Hecate]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II5MN Microwarpdrive II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler

Light Neutron Blaster II,Void S

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

1 Like

No Expert on Jackdaws but SSE are a bad idea on most things.

This works with a Meta extender as well.

[Jackdaw, Rocket PVP]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Warp Scrambler II
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

You are correct, sir. I didn’t mean to post that one, it’s a horrible fit. I think that was one of those ones that I half assed threw together after the changes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.