Hecate weakness

CCP, I literally just lost a Hecate to three frigates, in what universe does this make any sense? You need to Nerf T1 and Navy frigates, because in that scenario, with my SP maybe one should have been able to finish me off, but these guys killed me with ease, and can you kindly fix the Hecate, every other gallente ship that has a defensive bonus gets a rep amount boost. Seriously, this is quite frustrating.

Well, the He-Cat is a weak T3 in some respects. But my corp killed a confessor with two tristans (neuting tristan ftw). And we suck. Bigly.

Put another way, in what universe can a T3 destroyer kill 3 enemy frigates no matter what the fitting imbalance?

The game is rock-paper-siccors, and in my experience many ships can kill or be killed totally depending on how they are fit, and how the enemy are fit.

For example, if you fit a Comet with t2 neutron blasters, you may have 300 dps, but a dual web Kestral with a tracking disrupter and range mitigation scripts is going to eat you alive with only 120 dps and small tank. So there is a t1 frig killing a navy frigate that is easily one of the strongest in the game. It is not a question of whether the ship should win, but whether the fit will win against the other fit.

There are examples of this everywhere. It is what makes PVP so hard, and so interesting.

If you watch the streams of really good pvpers, like Bjorn Bee or Zarvox, you will note that they take time to look at the guns of the ship they might fight, and they have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the variable fits and ships in the game.

PVP is hard. It is complex, and fitting matters.

If it were any other way, the game would be boring and winning fights would not be the thrill that it is.

Think about this: killing your He-Cat was a great day for those T1 frigates.

10 Likes

Well, I am no pro in PvP, but in my eyes that is a very poor tank there and therefor should avoid fighting more than you can bargain for, you’ll have a really bad time webbed and all that eletronic warfare shenanigans. The problem with what you are asking, to “fix” the ship, is that by “fixing” the ship will therefor make others obsolete and pointless to use because of a superior pick. Just fly it well and pick your fights, like Pestilen said there are good pvpers streaming on twitch and youtube, plus the amount of videos you can find.

Are you sure you were not drunk with greed/anger considering you lost it 30 minutes after loosing a frig to the same guys that killed you? Perhaps you misjudged your calculations thinking they were easy targets, but remember, Destroyers are killers, they have guns, they care little for defence unless I am entirely wrong.

7 Likes

Agree with Arcanith. Your ship can do 700+dps with heat. I am not surprised that it melted to 3 frigates, with pilots whom obviously fly together (and were subsequently destroyed 30 minutes later by an even larger group).

I would amend your fit accordingly. A small ancil rep would have performed much stronger. But Hecate is weak with brawling because it has no AB bonus. Considering you had at least 3 webs and some scrams against you your ship was dead in the water. You could drop the cap booster and put an AB on there. But now you are looking at cap issues if you get neuted…rock/paper/scissors like Pestilen mentioned.

We weren’t there to see the fight though…

2 Likes

Swap one mag field stab with an EAMN II, and use the small ancil rep. Your active tank improves 200%. DPS drops 15%. Consider the tradeoff

[Hecate, Marius Fett’s Hecate-modified]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Expanded Probe Launcher I, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Light Ion Blaster II, Null S

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Nanite Repair Paste x50
Void S x1000
Null S x1000
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x1000
Navy Cap Booster 400 x10

2 Likes

I would also switch the bulkheads to trimark armor pumps, I know the ship gets some hull bonus, but I don’t think it’s worth trying to use it on purpose.

1 Like

Edit included in the fit above. Now we cookin’…

Seems like the fix for the hecate is here, a simple change of fit.

This is why I like EvE, you got so many ships for certain situations, yet so many modules that drastically change a ship and how you should fly it.

The Hecate can be good. Check out Otto Von Bismarks “The King”

2 Likes

It’s not meant to be a solo-pwn-mobile.

So zkill now has some votey thing at the bottom of a kill. That’s fun.

Looking at the fit, the frustrating part is not knowing how to fit it. I’d suggest you start by experimenting with a fitting tool, or using one of the amended fits.

You got outnumbered and failed to outplay the enemy. That makes 100% perfect sense.

More expensive ships are not an I-win button. In fact CCP has spent a good chunk of the last 5 years worth of ship balance changes moving away from this exact paradigm.

Also Gallente racial flavor is rep amount boosts, and if you run the math they’re actually quite strong, especially solo. If you’d had a resist bonus you actually would have died faster. If for whatever reason you were buffer fit then I would recommend flying something other than Gallente. If you really want to fly Gallente for some reason then you should adjust your playstyle and fitting to take advantage of the strengths of the ship. If you try to use a hammer to cut things of course it’s not going to work well, use the tools you’re given in a way that makes sense for those tools and you’ll do much better.

EDIT: I see someone dug up your killmail. That tank is lousy. I’m going to make one modification to @Wanda_Fayne’s fitting modification (which is fantastic btw) and say you shouldn’t even have a DCUII in there. Assuming your Armor Comp skills are above 3 you’ll get more out of 2 ENAM 2s than you will an ENAM 2 and a DCUII.

Also looking at the value of your loss vs the last loss for each of those pilots for the ship they were flying they total 81m while your loss is valued at 89m, so they had almost as much ISK on grid as you did but three pilots. Of course they’re going to win unless you fly far better than them!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.