Hello are you there?

Clearly you can’t have the opinion to ask for answers y’all weird.

If it sucks that bad, why are you still here?

Also, is there any particular reason you need the compensation now, as opposed to, say, a week or two from now?

Have patience, and maybe consider that figuring out who should get compensated and what that compensation should be isn’t a quick and easy decision.

7 Likes

You seem to have misunderstood my point I am still playing although being in the east coast I was affected pretty badly. In fact I’ve been playing for 13 years. I don’t believe any communication was made about compensation, so why would I trust them to do it right? Zero communication is the issue.

To mister Piotr why would you start with why are you still here? did I mention I was quitting or anything?

Why would you be compensated? The DDoS was not CCPs responsibility. They were the victims of the attack. What would you be compensated for? Did you read the Terms of Service? Grow up manchild.

5 Likes

You don’t speak for me.

If I pay for a service I expect to have that service. It’s real easy. So if my service isn’t working then I should be compensated.

It wasn’t the players fault either. Why should the players pay for a service they can’t deliver? That they add the omega time for the duration of the issues sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Though I would expect them to do that onece they sorted everything out, without those kind of threads.

Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to reply with good information. Unlike some…

No, you don’t, ■■■■ off.

1 Like

No, but you should, obviously.

2 Likes

i’ll quit banging your mom. just for you

My power company has outages sometimes. I have never received a credit for those times.
My internet has gone out. Same thing.

1 Like

No, you won’t, because my mother is drop-dead gorgeous. And considering she is an adult she can ■■■■ anybody she wants, even a little pathetic whiner like you.

7 Likes

You could have had a Big Mac Meal instead, what a rip off!

2 Likes

I think of this as a false binary. The binary being “We are owed compensation from CCP” or “We are not owed compensation from CCP”.

The real answer, I feel, is that we, and CCP are owed compensation by the person(s) responsible for the DDoS attack, but we are unlikely to be able to collect.

CCP will give us something, but it’s not something they morally owe us. Rather, it is a gesture by a victim to other victims to minimize the overall negative impact of a crime. That’s my take.

3 Likes

The problem is that these whiners will not even be grateful for whatever CCP offers. Obviously, CCP will do something. Then we should thank them for the gesture of goodwill and solidarity.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree. I don’t mean to imply you hold or held one of the binary positions I mentioned, either. I am more just making commentary on what I think is a misunderstanding that originates sentiments like those expressed in this thread.

Or already did… Current discounts might be a way to compensate. After all, 25% off one month of Omega is about a week of play.

You really really don’t. Grow up and fk off.

1 Like

2 Likes