Hello. I am new

Welcome to EVE. I’ll do my best because you’ll never get a straight forward answer for this game because of how loaded of a question it is, since it’s the closest thing to a true sandbox MMO there is.

I’ll start by saying, if you’re hoping into the game expecting instant gratification type gameplay that you get from MMO’s such as WoW, you won’t get it here. It takes a lot of patience and practice, reading, failing, etc
I’ve been playing since 2014 and I feel like I learn something new at least once a week.

Anyways, it entirely depends what you are looking to get out of it. Generally players tell me they are looking for PvP.

My advice is to look for a newbro friendly nullsec or lowsec corp after you’ve played around for a bit in high sec figuring out basic controls. When I was new, I hoped around and stayed in high-sec for a little while learning the basics of combat and travel and how the markets work.

Then I looked for a corporation. I found Brave, which I am still in today 6 years later.

Don’t fall into the trap of skilling straight into mining skills and industry right off the bat unless you genuinely enjoy staring at floating rocks.

I personally would suggest skilling down into something you can do some ratting in (PvE combat against NPC’s for income) and also use the same ship or ships you’ll gain skills for in the process that can be helpful in PvP as well.
Eventually you will get to a point of learning new skills and ships and being ableto apply yourself more optimally in each situation.

There’s a lot that nobody can really tell you, =most of this game is just a learn-as-you-go type of thing unless you have questions about something very specific. i.e “what fit should I use for _________?”

This is a beautiful post:

1 Like