Help a returning player

Hi!
Cheers to anyone taking their time answering my questions I’ve got a few.
Before about that I’m a returning eve player i got about 10m SP and recently just upgraded to a raven, I’ve tried a bit of abyss running, and that went horribly lost 2 Gilas to Idk what so right now hopped to getting to L4 missions, I’ve done bit googling and found smth about cosmos missions, are they effective to getting my standing enough high to get to L4 security missions?

**Also are L4 security missions still worth the time to do them?
Regards to missions im having a bit of an issue with my Raven fit, i was currently doing L2 missions, and dear lord i was lacking so much damage, i mean i had an issue killing l2 Minmatar ships.

** Should i be running a raven to do the grind to L4 missions? or are there currently better ways of getting to l4 standing than just some random mission running.

I could sell my raven fit and downgrade/upgrade to another ship or am i just using really wrong components?

My fit:
[Raven, Simulated Raven Fitting]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
[Empty Low slot]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II

Dark Blood Cap Recharger
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
X-Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile x1626
Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x488
Caldari Navy Nova Cruise Missile x344
Caldari Navy Inferno Cruise Missile x1611

And again cheers to anyone taking their time to help me out!
Also im using drones, they just died in the last run.

1 Like

I don’t think cosmos missions alone would raise your standings enough to do lvl4 missions…but really it seems you might need to slow down a bit anyway. If you are struggling with lvl2 jumping into lvl4 might not be such a great idea. Anyway, follow “The Plan” https://forums.eveonline.com/t/faction-standing-repair-plan-aka-the-plan/8008 and do the Sisters of Eve Epic Arc (it’s the only one designed for new players) to raise your faction standings significantly.

Well…that’s kind of subjective innit?

Train more missile skills, use some damage-increasing modules on your ship. Keep in mind that although battleships are powerful, they can struggle to hit smaller targets up close. That’s what a flight of light drones on a battleship are for. Consider them expendable.

Nah, keep your raven for later. Get a cruiser or even destroyer (I think the career agents actuallly reward you a destroyer) to do stuff like the SoE epic arc. Smaller ships are faster and more agile and you will be doing a lot of traveling.

Just from my head on raven fit… There are probably better out there, Raven has been a popular lvl4 mission boat for many years:

Ballistic Control System II

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Microjumpdrive
Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster but preferably Large Shield Booster II

upgrade to cuise launcher II when possible
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst / or cap control circuit if needed

1 Like

Gonna have to agree with @Xuxe_Xu, should slow down a bit until you can easily complete level 2 missions. Probably should make sure you have all of The Magic 14 / Core Fitting Skills trained up. Also don’t forget to train up specific hull ship skills too, like Frigate, Destroyer, etc.

The general rule for mission level / ship size:

• Level 1 = Frigate / Destroyer
  • Level 2 = Cruiser
  • Level 3 = Battlecruiser
  • Level 4 = Battleship

Course that rule isn’t set in stone, with some creative piloting tactics, high level skills and a good ship fit, a Tech 1 Frigate can complete Level 3 Security missions.

As for your question, Career Agents, Circle Agents, Data Center Agents and Cosmos Agents all give Faction standing increase. Unfortunately they can only be completed once in the characters life so it’s best to set up a plan and not waste the standings they give.

Now about your standings, ‘The Plan’ that Xuxe Xu linked will definitely help. It’s mainly laid out to repair negative Faction standings as well as boost positive standings with all of the main Factions. However, it can be customized for each individual’s specific needs. In other words, if you don’t care about being positive with all of the main Factions and just want to boost standings with one specific Faction, you can work the Agents in ‘The Plan’ just for that one Faction. Please post any questions pertaining to ‘The Plan’ in that thread.

Personally I view Abyssal space as advanced content, something not suited for new players or old returning players who need to knock off some rust and re-familiarize themselves with Eve.

Speaking of which, welcome back to Eve and good luck to you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.