Help Re-Designing Character

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong section to post this in.

For the past couple of days I’ve been working on re-designing one of my female avatars, however, I’m not having much luck making her “just right”.

I’ve seen some really nice avatar creations while browsing around and although I don’t want to directly copy one Id like to create one that stands out.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this (for a fee, of course)?

Also, I remember years ago there was such a thing as a Portrait Swap service …

Is this still possible nowdays?

Feel free to mail me if you wish.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I suck so bad at making female characters. I always end up with either very muted makeup, or painted whores.

3 Likes

I think you are pretty as you are hunny, don’t let anyone tell you different <3

3 Likes

Just exactly what type of look are you trying to achieve?

Is it the character pose? Make-up? Portrait background? Lighting?

Just for example, here’s a couple of portraits from each of my Female characters.

2 Likes

Snip Removed Responses to delete messages ~Buldath Snip

Never mind, you do you, and I’ll do me.

@Lynn_Hariere, character resculpts are still available, although there is a cost for a complete redo.

What I hope to achieve is a balanced looking character, where the character itself, It’s clothing and background all blend in nicely.

i’m not too bad with the make-up and lighting but I admit it’s awkward to get a pose I’m happy with.

Thank you for posting your examples and I can see you’ve got an eye for detail and blending it all together.

A few I particularly like can be seen here (notably Alice Saki, Yolkree and Wingdancer).

Link

So, at least it gives you some idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alice Saki always did good character portraits, lovely person IRL too but AFAIK she no longer plays.

Here’s one of my female alts if it’s any use to you as a reference, Alice had a hand in the creation of her portrait.

And for funsies, there’s always this.

4 Likes

How do i unsee this…

1 Like

https://www.eyebleach.me/

5 Likes

Aww that’s nice.

2 Likes

13 posts Removed for Off topic Arguments and 1 post Edited to remove Responses to deleted messages.

1 Like

There used to be a site called New Eden Faces that provided voting on character portraits.

Its gone, however it looks like a resurrection was uploaded to Heroku at one point. You can browse through portraits at:

http://evevote.herokuapp.com

There’s also a gallery at:

1 Like

I’d help you, but it costs a fortune due to CCP requiring us to trade characters.

Tell me how you imagine payment to work. In public, please.

6 Likes

That’s so adorable, I want to strangle you. :heart:

1 Like

She’s very nice, you must have spent a good amount of time on her!

Well, it depends in what way you envisage helping, but in any event, I’m happy to fund it accordingly, keep it in-line with CCP policies and keep it on public record.

Well, it appears DMC there likes a certain slider in character making.

1 Like

Whilst we’re sharing;

Character creation is the only time i ‘role play’ and think about the character back ground.

First one is inspired by Sarah Connor in T2. Second by a character in Fractured Space.

2 Likes

get your drill with a 3/4" wood bit. drill a hole in the top of your skull, pour in 1/4 cup of bleach and shake vigorously until you can’t recall why you ever did such a fool thing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not do this in real life as only trained professionals are qualified to attempt said cleansing.

You need to get out more bro

I’m not really experienced with the character creator just yet but gave it a bunch of tries and settled for this:

My soon to be PVP character looks like this: