Help Re-Designing Character

No, I didn’t. If I was, I wouldn’t be in the position of helping you and unlike others, as you can see for yourself, I do actually have good taste, a sense for aesthetics and colour harmony.

I don’t “design mediocre looking characters” as a hobby, like some other folks with no apparent sense for anything actually required to do so. I design one character and that one’s done right, because I know what I’m doing. See this one.

You have to know what you want, then I can tell you if it’s doable.

So from my perspective, what you need to get covered, is how to make this a thing. I can’t design a new char for you and simply hand it over to you, because that’d be called account sharing. I’m not going to break rules for anyone, even though it looks silly from this perspective. What you can and probably should do, is asking GMs for permission if that would be okay, as long as it’s supervised by them. Ask for permission and supervision, and or escalate the ticket to a dev if necessary. If it succeeds, you’d be saving quite a lot of money.

Otherwise, all we can do is that either I make you a new character and trade it to you the regular way, with you footing the bill for the transfer, OR you hand me a character with a resculpt, again with you paying the bill for both transfers AND the resculpt. My “fee” will be rather moderate in comparison and I don’t like greedy people. Greedy people are poor, no matter what their bank account says.

You need to get that stuff sorted out, otherwise no one can help you “legally”, so I suggest you do that and come back and report the new information you’ve gathered.

1 Like

That’s a good point of view to have.

On that note, how could I make my male character be even more isolationist True Amarr, any tips?

1 Like

I think you should play around with the lightning and posing alot. You can always archieve new things buy exploring the random. On the other hand you can also buy these ‘cosmetics’ stuffs as well, to elevate your character. I think your name fits your character, but the lightning and posing is to generic :slight_smile:

Here’s me.

Aen

Thank you for your helpful reply!

Okay, so let me put the cards on the table and see if we can work something out.

What I want in black and white is for someone like yourself, who is particularly skilled in this field to completely re-design one of my existing characters.

The problem, which I’ll highlight straight away is that she isn’t a new character and in fact has over 200M SP.

Why do I want to do this? Because I enjoy an element of role-play within the game (no, not space Barbie), so having the ideal looking character would make a big difference.

If CCP still offered the portrait swap service, this would be a relativately easy thing to achieve, but up to now I’ve had no response from them as to whether It’s possible or not.

I’m more than happy to pay the transfer fees and your fee.

I also don’t like greedy people, but I’m happy to pay and pay well, especially when It’s for something out of the ordinary.

She already has a resculpt available.

I would like to keep it all above board and legal.

Anyway, let me know what you think and if It’s something you think you can do, Id be happy to speak more about it with you in-game.

Ahhh, so you’re looking to have a close up ‘Head Shot’ portrait.

Maybe something similar to this, just more zoomed in on the head / face?

1 Like

Well I like both looks really, but would probably opt for a close-up portrait to emphasize the upper body, face, etc.

Very close to the one you’ve posted, but perhaps a bit more zoomed in (but not a lot).

Actually the link from @Scipio_Artelius was very helpful …

I particularly like this one:

Link

1 Like

Firstly, one must use the Proper Amarr Background (cue chanting). Raise that nose a bit, a touch of (rightful, of course) arrogance goes a long way.

1 Like

3 Likes

Does anyone else find that each time you go to the edit portrait screen in the Character Creator (each new session), the position of the character is always different from the last saved portrait?

Kind of annoying having to reposition it every time, even if you only make a minor adjustment.

That’s because it tends to RNG the character’s pose when you go back into the creator. But not always because that would be way too logical even for CCP, so it only does it when your character has a specific pose to begin with.

CCP: Can’t Code Properly.

I can make Alice for ya :smiley:

2 Likes

Or erm, check Lilly Collyer too, that’s another one of mine that i sold :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, Alice is very pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Theron_Larkis thank you for the info, at least I know why it happens …

She is!!! :smiley:

Ask a female friend to help you with your portrait… and I know very little about makeup.
Leather skirt in full body picture is a plus.

2 Likes

Sent you a short in-game mail :slight_smile:

:wink:

1 Like

Oh hey, sorry i saw it and i was fighting so i forgot about it :smiley: let me reply :smiley:

No worries and thank you :smiley:

Dont waste your time. Make a basic design and be done with it. Its not gonna help you kill more…lol and not many people go ooooh what a hot avatar