Hi Sec just got a lot more dangerous, be warned

The threshold of what is profitable to gank got lower, as more loot will drop.

Using made up numbers, if killing a marauder takes 20 catalysts at 20m each, you need a drop of 400m isk to make this profitable. Before, that means a fit has to be 800m+ to be worth ganking, now the threshold is 475m or so.

So, the threshold of value of fitting got lower, as more of that value will drop for the gankers to loot.

Not entirely, and frankly Iā€™m not keen on messing with stuff that already exists as it causes as many problems as it solves.

However, when asking for new things to be included in those logs itā€™s important to take note of easy exploits for those changes. If ship scanning were to be added to the combat log, it would be matter of seconds before someone creates an ā€œauto dock at station and log outā€ script for afk freighters.

Anything that helps active players over afk / scripted / bottled players (such as the ship scan mechanic) is a good thing and should only be changed very carefully.

1 Like

Are you the Cathy Neuman I keep hearing about?

Who? Who?

I know, right?

Or are you turning into an owl?

1 Like

Or are you turning into an owl?

1 Like

Well canā€™t say it is the same thing but hey close enough I guess. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Aaaarrgg - I just saw you in Rens, at the Frarn gate

I was in a hauler, you were in a thrasher looking very suspicious,

and up to no good I dare say !

I docked up.

\o/ i admit i was up to no good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€“Gadget fixed that for ya

2 Likes

Already seen some of it in hi.

Had a Tengu bumping at me while hacking.

Warped into a site (under cloak) and saw a Gnosis just casually orbiting the silo.

Heck of ships to lose to hisec ganking butā€¦

Ridiculous I have to armor up my Astero for hi but I learned my lesson during the rogue drone event.

Fresh bait ^^

Question is - did they figure it out and say screw it letā€™s do this?
Or did they not see this one coming either?

See what coming?

CCP intentionally did this, they intentionally increased loot drops. They want there to be horror and scary gankers for halloween.

1 Like

Shadows of Zahadum is a great name!

also:

1 Like

I cant believe how people dont use a cloak on it, Its there for a purpose!

1 Like

Why do you literally suggest useless things? Is just for trolling or

It is not useless, this message log exists for a reason. I didnā€™t create it, CCP created that feature. You may not be aware or use it, but it is there is an ā€œeventā€ log window and it has existed for years. Where do you think your damage messages go to? Do not confuse this for popup dialog messages, this is an ā€œevent logā€ window.

This is where your combat logs go, and also there are combat log analysers.

You can find this message log here Eve Menu ā†’ Utilities ā†’ Logs and Messages

Nah bro. You always want to nerf things that donā€™t need to be nerfed. I see the sophistry. So do others :smiley:

There is no nerfing, just log it in the message log. Nothing else. Events are suppost to be logged there.

We run combat analyzers from the combat events there.

All interactions and notices go there. Even things you do in the station gets logged there.