High Sec Candidate

Oh, she’s right here, you’ve also got lost in the mess into which Dracvlad has turned this thread, LOL. But don’t worry, I may answer those questions if you don’t want to have to wait until she does (if she does) tomorrow. :smile:

What she says is not true is what you said here:

As I explain in the walkthrough post (still in progress, but significantly expanded and improved), what she said she wants is both variable CONCORD response times and 50% chance of survival, but contrary to what Dracvlad pretends to make everybody believe, she already made it clear that the former is not what she means by or how she expects to accomplish the latter:

So to sum it up:

1. She does want variable CONCORD response times
  2. She does want at least 50% chance of survival
  3. She does not want to introduce chance based suicide ganking mechanics
  4. #1 is not what she means by or how she intends to accomplish #2, they’re independent proposals

Now, you and me, and everybody that (unlike Dracvlad, LOL) understands this stuff, know that this is simply impossible. There is absolutely no way a 50% (or any other) survival rate can be achieved without introducing chance based suicide ganking mechanics (regardless of whether variable CONCORD times are part of the plan or not), but the key here is that Lorelei either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care that what she says she wants is simply impossible.

Incidentally, the case of Dracvlad is even worse, because he totally doesn’t get it and keeps repeating again and again that variable CONCORD response times is all that Lorelei is asking for when she says she wants 50% chance of survival. :rofl:

Now, you would think that carefully explaining this to Lorelei would be enough for her to understand, but then you’d be mistaken again, because when she says she wants a 50% survival rate, she’s expressing a desire not based on any rational analysis. She sees no problem in saying she wants something that’s simply impossible to accomplish without introducing changes she says she doesn’t want to introduce, and that’s why, no matter how hard you try to make her understand, you won’t get anywhere.

You’ll only get confused about what it is that she really wants because it totally doesn’t make sense from a rational point of view. Only she’s not expressing a rational opinion, but rather an irrational desire without a leg to stand upon… And then she wonders why all this happened… Which is one of the reasons I gave up trying to explain anything to her already…

EDIT:

Oh look, Dracvlad thought I was replying to him when I was typing this… :rofl:

3 Likes