High Sec Candidate

Well it was important for me to understand this because me like many people in hisec are pretty clear that structures in hisec are not as easy to defend and they are borderline not worth having if you are a small indy corp. Exhibit A

Though Athanors are great for high ends, so glad that we have them.

So you are defining the need to have two weeks war dec as the issue which is 200m. If they loot it then they should be able to cover that war dec cost at least, there are the modules and of course you can pick up a lot of P4 salvage. What you are defining here is will to do it and the fact that hisec is controlled space.

The spam happened before and the structures were so much harder to attack in terms of limited vulnerability, this is when the spam happened, this has been loosened a lot in comparison to then and in fact there are certainly a lot less then you think, before an Astrahus was vulnerable for three hours a week, now its shield can be taken down at any time of the day. In my area one war dec alliance cleaned out almost all of them in three constellations in the region I am in.

It is important in terms of people wanting or bothering to defend them. Attacking a manned Astrahus in nullsec is hairy, the only good thing about them is that they are often fit for caps or subcaps.

Many people like myself who operate with people who have structures feel that they are too weak in hisec, this is an important structure because so many small entities and solo players want to do indy in hisec without being a total walk over. If you as someone wanting to represent hisec got this wrong then heaven help us.

I asked you because I wanted to understand what you meant, because I just did not understand it, in fact I still don’t think that the 200m cost of war dec is an issue because the module drops and the P4 salvage will certainly cover that. from one moderately fit structure at least in my experience.

But thanks for explaining your thought process, I will respect your wishes here, but as you were a hisec player I wanted to know what you meant as this subject/issue is very important to me and the people I operate with. o7, sorry to see that you did not get in and I wish you all the best for next year.