High Sec Candidate

Look, in mission pockets a runner “creates” wrecks which he(she) might consider his(her) own (just like you creating a belt) but in comes a ninja and salvages everything (your ninja miner). As long as ninja doesn’t touch loot (canflips you), his(her) actions are not considered a crime. But in order to get to a pocket a ninja has to scan it down with combat probes (find your Athanor, calculate arrival) and actually salvage every wreck (mine).

Combat explorer finds a site, many of them require clearing several rooms in order to get to an overseer, by room 2-3 or half an hour in of clearing the site he(she) considers it his(her) site, but in comes a competitor, they jump in the last room together and competitor manages to kill and loot overseer first, which is totally fine and is not considered a crime, doesn’t flag suspect, unless the first guy killed overseer and the second guy stole his loot.

In my opinion, all 3 examples are exactly equal. An activity where one party contributes to creation of a certain resource, and has certain advantages. Another party still needs to participate in order to get the resource. Stealing is punishable in all 3 examples.

So why is your case an exception? Or should the other two also be policed by CONCORD? Why? Why not?

Its your campaign, and now I as a voter suddenly need to search through 5 years of your posting and a blog in order to find your opinion on a topic?

BTW as I said, I’m solo player, single account, one-man corp. There isnt 500 man alliance behind me. And it’s not me I’m asking to convince.

In Jester’s AMA he mentioned how devs ask certain questions to assess CSM members expertise in an area. Unless you’ve proven to be an expert, have strongly defended your position, they will not take you seriously. So even if you get elected you might not be able to influence anything and that would be a waste for everyone, devs, CSM, players.

In past years CSM summit minutes out of 10 or 14 members there are usually 2-3 people talking. What do the rest of them do? Waste opportunity?

I would support you as highsec candidate. I remember you from previous campaigns and forum posts. I think I agree with most of what you say. But this moonmining thing looks selfish double standard whim.

I doubt there is someone who is exclusively sniping your moonchunks. They most likely have relatively large number to chose from in an area at any time.

You can move to a less heavy populated location. There are remote systems in Kador for example with 70+ moons without or with a single Athanor. Moving nomad ninja mining operation because of a single belt there would be unprofitable.

Here, some time ago I have tried to think upon sandbox/themepark gameplay. Not necessarily relevant to mining.

I think sandbox is about tools and professions they help create. Certain restrictions make some tools unusable or obsolete.

Oh, by the way, @Scoots_Choco Whitehound - its you, aren’t you? :smiley: